The Islamic Society of Boston, home of the Boston Marathon Bombers, has been connected to ISIS!
So, one crackpot in a congregation. Who can blame the mosque?
But what about eight — including a prominent member of ISIS?
As it turns out, worshippers at the Islamic Society have included:
- Abdurahman Alamoudi, the mosque’s founder and first president who in 2004 was sentenced to 23 years in prison for plotting terrorism. In 2005, the Treasury Department issued a statement saying Alamoudi raised money for al Qaeda in the US.
- Aafia Siddiqui, an MIT scientist-turned-al Qaeda agent, who in 2010 was sentenced to 86 years in prison for planning a New York chemical attack. Known as “Lady al Qaeda,” she is related to 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheik Mohammed. ISIS has tried to trade her release for journalist hostages.
- Tarek Mehanna, who in 2012 got 17 years in prison for conspiring to use automatic weapons to murder shoppers in a suburban Boston mall.
- Yusuf al-Qaradawi, a mosque trustee and Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood leader banned from the US after issuing a fatwa that called for the killing of US soldiers.
- Jamal Badawi, another former trustee who in 2007 was named an unindicted co-conspirator in a plan to funnel more than $12 million to Palestinian suicide bombers.
Now it can be revealed that another regular worshipper at the Islamic Society mosque was Ahmad Abousamra, who is now the top propagandist for ISIS.
The Islamic Society appears to be a “front Mosque” operation of the Muslim Brotherhood. They were also found to be funders of the Holy Land Foundation, a Hamas money laundering operation funneling cash to terrorists. (via Clarion Project)
ISB has donated “thousands” of dollars to the Holy Land Foundation, a U.S. Muslim Brotherhood entity later shut down for financing Hamas. It also donated to Benevolence International Foundation, later identified as an Al-Qaeda front.
Osama Kandil, who has served as chairman of the ISB board, is one of nine founders of the Muslim Arab Youth Association. He has also been a vice president of the group. A 1991 U.S. Muslim Brotherhood memo identifies it as one of its fronts. The government labeled it an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Trial, listing it among U.S. Muslim Brotherhood entities.
Summing up these reports, a mosque the government labeled an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation case, and which has also been identified as a Muslim Brotherhood front group, has now been tied to ISIS.
How many Muslim Brotherhood members are there in the US Govt? There’s at least one at state, right?
This might explain why elements of the Muslim community, which have been overwhelmingly effective in raising their collective voices when it comes to criticizing Israel, have been comparatively silent in reaction to ISIS.