Obama IRS Sent 1.1 Million Page Database of Private Info to FBI Before 2010 Elections
The IRS Conservative Targeting Scandal involved:
- Hundreds of conservative groups were targeted
- At least 5 pro-Israel groups
- Constitutional groups
- Groups that criticized Obama administration
- At least two pro-life groups
- An 83 year-old Nazi concentration camp survivor
- A 180 year-old Baptist paper
- A Texas voting-rights group
- A Hollywood conservative group was targeted and harassed
- Conservative activists and businesses
- At least one conservative Hispanic group
- IRS continued to target groups even after the scandal was exposed
- 10% of Tea Party donors were audited by the IRS
- And… 100% of the 501(c)(4) Groups Audited by IRS Were Conservative
The Obama IRS gave 1.1 million page database of legally protected taxpayer information over to the FBI weeks before the 2010 elections.
CNS News reported:
The IRS sent a 1.1-million page database containing legally protected taxpayer information of tax-exempt organizations to the FBI several weeks before the 2010 midterm elections, according to new information from the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.
“The IRS’s transmittal of this information to the FBI shows that the IRS took affirmative steps to provide sensitive evidentiary material to law-enforcement officials about the political speech of nonprofits,” said Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and Subcommittee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) in a letter to the IRS Commissioner John Koskinen demanding more information.
“At the very least, this information suggests that the IRS considered the political speech activities of nonprofits to be worthy of investigation by federal law-enforcement officials,” they said. “The IRS apparently considered political speech by nonprofit groups to be so troublesome that it illegally assisted federal law-enforcement officials in assembling a massive database of the lawful political speech of thousands of American citizens, weeks before the 2010 midterm elections, using confidential taxpayer information.”
This information was found after the Justice Department turned over the database to the Oversight Committee in response to a subpoena.
The Justice Department says “it was informed by IRS officials that it contains legally protected taxpayer information that should not have ever been sent to the FBI and it now plans to return the full database to the IRS.”
Here is the Committee on Oversight and Reform letter in its entirety, via Power Line:
Maybe one of these days these crooks will go to jail where they belong.