REPUBLICANS CHEER DEATH PENALTY at Reagan Library Debate (Video)
Republicans Cheer Death Penalty–
Republicans cheered the death penalty tonight at the GOP debate at the Reagan Library. They cheered again when Governor Rick Perry defended his state’s laws.
Brian Williams: Governor Perry a question about Texas. Your state has executed 234 death row inmates more than any other governor in modern times. Have you struggled to sleep at night?
Governor Rick Perry: No sir. I’ve never struggled with that at all… If you kill one of our children or police officers or another citizen in a crime you will face the ultimate justice in Texas.
Then the crowd cheered again… Even louder.
This certainly wasn’t a liberal crowd.
Related… Melissa Clouthier had this to say on the debate:
Here’s how I thought they did:
1. Newt — he reminded everyone, again, that the media frames the debate in a harmful way, never going to happen
2. Romney — he’s a smooth operator; not going to be a big contrast with Obama
3. Perry — he didn’t make any terrible moves; he needs to get better and have more ready answers, base will like it
4. Bachmann — she was challenged more, seemed less sure of herself
5. Santorum — always does a good job, gets no respect
6. Huntsman — annoying
7. Paul — good grief
I said on Twitter that the left will say Romney won and Perry did terrible, but I bet the polls for Perry go up after this.