Security Fail… Illegal Immigrant With Stolen ID Discovered Working As Flight Attendant

An illegal immigrant from Guyana stole the identity of Anthony Frair of NY and used it to get a job as a flight attendant with Spirit Airlines. Jophan Porter, 38, is charged with identity fraud and is currently in Miami-Dade County jail.

In addition to securing a job at American Airlines, Jophan Porter, 38, used the stolen ID to obtain a US passport, a US Department of Transportation ID card and at least three Florida driver’s licenses.
The New York Post reported –

In a colossal failure of 9/11 security measures, an illegal immigrant used the stolen ID of a Bronx man with an arrest record to get hired as an airline flight attendant, and flew several trips as a trainee before he was busted yesterday, authorities said.

Besides getting a job at American Eagle, Jophan Porter, 38, used the stolen ID to obtain a US passport, a US Department of Transportation ID card and at least three Florida driver’s licenses, law-enforcement sources told The Post.

Porter was caught after ID-theft victim Anthony Frair of The Bronx was denied food stamps because government records matched him to the airline job. A law-enforcement source confirmed that Frair, 40, has an arrest record. Public records show a man with his name and age was busted in Florida in 2008 on domestic-assault charges.

It’s unclear how long Porter used Frair’s identity, sources said. American Eagle hired him in March, and he worked from the airline’s Miami base, said company spokesman Tim Smith.

Smith and spokespersons for several federal agencies couldn’t explain how Porter cleared the security checks needed to become a flight attendant — or why the airline didn’t realize the ID he had stolen belonged to a criminal suspect.

Smith couldn’t say whether the airline even did a Google search, which would have uncovered Frair’s arrest in Florida.

Porter was born in Guyana, and records show he’s also a former Bronx resident.

He was arrested at Miami International Airport early yesterday just after he’d returned from a personal trip to London on an American Airlines flight, Smith said.

• Mitch Rapp

Big Sis – doing her job – working for her pension and trying to be as competent as Obama

• USMC Thomas

Undocumented American.

• Ipso Facto

Everyone knows that in government the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing.

Who doesn’t believe that such colossal failures will also be experienced with Obamacare? Only then it won’t simply be paperwork that will be screwed up – it will be our entire lives.

• Ginger

Well we are going to FIRE every one of them stupid a$$ holes come November 2012!

Hey states get rid of the electronic voting machines and go picture ID….NOW!

btw….. I bet he is a PLANT! What better way to control and take down a flight then to have the flight attendant do it! Scary Keep your eyes, ears, and cameras ready in your neighbor hood and make sure you PROFILE because this CORRUPTED government we have will not!

• Skinner

Don’t forget – the most heavily government regulated space in America is an airline passenger cabin.

This was true on 9/10/01, and it remains true today.

This is just another example of your government protecting you…

• Brass

Seems like Jophan was doing a better job being Anthony than Anthony was. At least he had got a job and wasn’t living on food stamps.

• retire05

I don’t understand why he was being allowed to fly. The article says that he was hired in March (this year?). My daughter flew for Continental. She had to go through 6 1/2 months in training (in Houston) and did not take her first training flight until a week before graduation from the training center. Did the imposter pay for that trip to London? My daughter had to earn flight miles before she could travel (riding in the jump seat if no other seats were available) to Europe. And, AND, she had to provide her birth certificate before Continental would even let her go through training along with her graduation/high school records.

Is American Airlines lowering their standards for FAs? Was he a product of an affirmative action hiring policy so he was allowed to by-pass the standard requirements? American Eagle is the comuter line for American Airlines so he should have been required to go through their academy which is six months long.

I view this as more of a failure on the part of American Airlines than I do the DoHS. American Airlines should have used E-verify and they would have known that the SS# was stolen. Did they not do the standard criminal background check that Continental did on my daughter (they even knew about a speeding ticket she got when she was 17). This all seems like a major fail on the part of American Airlines.

• Conservative to the Core

Did Anthony Frair ever report that the ID was stolen?

• listen up

He looks black in his photo…that is why no checks on the guy…now if he were white he never would have gotten hired no matter what.

• chicago

so, if the illegal immigrant was able to obtain a job using a person on food stamps’ identity, isn’t it logical to assume that if the person on food stamps himself applied for the job then he wouldn’t need to be in food stamps at all?

It’s bad that the illegal immigrant was given a flight attendant’s job on a stolen identity, but it’s just as bad that the person who owns the identity is still on food stamps!

• #8 June 18, 2011 at 9:09 am
    Conservative to the Core commented:
    Did Anthony Frair ever report that the ID was stolen?

If you had read the article you would have seen this sentence:

• Sickofobama

He’s dark skinned so they can’t be checking up on him in the usual way.

It’s only white Americans they need to fear.

I’m sure the illegal alien in the White House will get right on this “abuse” of the undocumented worker only wanting to work to support his family, blah, blah, blah, blah.

• Mahdi Al-Dajjal

This is all about the failures of Affirmative Action. Like so many other businesses who are under extreme pressure and scrutiny from black lawyers in the Injustice Dept to hire more and more black people, the people in the Personnel Dept of American Airlines (most likely all black people) purposefully lowered the standards that they hold white people to, and waived the background checks out of fear that a past criminal record might arise which would preclude him from being hired. Happens all the time.

• Granny

You all seem to have missed the single most egregious event in this whole tale:

The fraudster used his stolen ID to acquire a US passport for which you have to submit a birth certificate!

• Conservative to the Core

11,
    #8 June 18, 2011 at 9:09 am
    Conservative to the Core commented:
    Did Anthony Frair ever report that the ID was stolen?

❛If you had read the article you would have seen this sentence:

Porter was caught after ID-theft victim Anthony Frair of The Bronx was denied food stamps because government records matched him to the airline job.❜

• Conservative to the Core

A birth certificate is not required to obtain a passport.

• Mac in NM

I won’t fly anywhere because I have a subcutaneous patch from a hernia repair that will show on the scanner, and will end up being groped by some TSA agent. Yet this SOB is allowed to become a flight attendant by using stolen ID. We have some things gone terribly wrong in this country.

• Granny, you need a birth certificate to get a Florida driver’s license as well. And it can’t be a hospital birth certificate either!

• mg4us

I bet he voted in the last election too. . and not for McCain. . .welcome to Obama-nation!

He is now going to charge authorities for using racial profiling to arrest him. . .

While big Sis and TSA grope children and old people. . thugs like him get away with crimes. . . good job Obama!

• I had read the article and your quote doesn’t answer my question. Was the ID reported stolen before the guy was hired?

What? He found out when he was denied food stamps! Geez.

• Conservative to the Core

I see. So the ID wasn’t even reported stolen before Frair was hired. Thanks.

• Conservative to the Core

^Frair = Porter^

• retire05

Conservative to the Core, since when is a birth certificate not required for a U.S. passport? I had to provide mine as I was told I could submit my birth certificate or naturalization papers.

• juan

So the illegal alien was able to get a job and the food stand recipient was not?

Something wrong here.

Perhaps the “victim” should take the job..

• olm

Hey, what’s the big deal? Obama has gotten away with it since 1980 or whenever the CT guy died. This guy just got caught.

• Granny

#15 June 18, 2011 at 9:27 am
    Conservative to the Core commented:

_________________

Yes, you do indeed need a birth certificate to get a US passport.

• Conservative to the Core

retire05 commented:

“could” is the operative word in your own comment. If you had showed naturalization papers you wouldn’t have had to show a birth certificate.

• Conservative to the Core

Granny sez;
    “Most victims of identity theft have their identity stolen via something like hacked bank records, not the literal theft of their driver’s license.”

At any rate, it would be a good idea to report any stolen identification. If a person doesn’t report their stolen identification other people may use it. How would a bank, a store, or potential employer know not to honor it otherwise?

• No, you do NOT need a birth certificate to get a Florida driver’s license (or one in most other states) as long as you have a couple of other forms of ID and perhaps somebody to swear you are who you are.

I just did it this April. My mother had to bring her marriage license. The laws have change recently.

• Dray

Yes you do need a certified birth certificate to get a drivers license in Florida.If your name is now different from birth name you need all marriage and divorce records as well.

• Granny

#

#
    #28 June 18, 2011 at 9:56 am
    Conservative to the Core commented:

Granny sez;

_________

• Granny

#
    #29 June 18, 2011 at 9:59 am
    ∅ commented:

_______________

You didn’t when I got my FLA driver’s license a decade or so ago. I think the operative words here are “the laws have changed recently” – though I suspect there are still ways around that. Meanwhile, the dude probably got his BC before the the laws changed. Or alternatively, he had enough information to get the birth certificate belonging to the man whose identity he stole and used that for the DL and the passport.

• Conservative to the Core

“Let’s say that somebody steals my driver’s license, so I report that stolen and the notification goes out to every bank and restaurant and so on on the planet. Meanwhile, I go down to the Registry of Motor Vehicles and I get a replacement driver’s license, which may or may not (depending on where I live) say “replacement” on it. So NOW when I go into the bank or the restaurant or wherever else they want to see my driver’s license mine shows up as “stolen” and I can just Whistle Dixie for the rest of my life. . . . see the problem?”

If it says “replacement” on your license it would mean that you have reported it stolen or lost and the old license would be invalid. Only the one with “replacement” would be honored. But you would just allow a thief to use your identification the rest of your life rather than take the trouble to report it? If they take your credit cards you would just pay the bills rather than report it?! That’s what caused this problem in the first place.

• Sparky

Besides, if Obama doesn’t live by the law, why should anyone else!

• #1AMERICAN

WTF…oh I guess “the system worked”….janet dyke needs to go and they need to hang the illegal alien…time to set examples of what will happen when you break the law…oh that’s right it won’t happen with libtards in charge…that means 1 less vote

• Vetting Fail… Illegal Alien Discovered As POTUS – http://www.BirtherReport.com

• Granny

#33 June 18, 2011 at 10:30 am
    Conservative to the Core commented:

_________

Of COURSE I wouldn’t just let things go. However, credit cards are entirely different than Driver’s Licenses. When you report a credit card stolen they immediately deactivate it and issue you a new one with a different number on it. When you go down and get a replacement driver’s license (which might just as easily be because you washed it as because it was stolen) you simply get another copy with exactly the same information, including the DL number. In some states that new copy of the license will say “replacement” on it but in others it will not. And no notification goes out to banks, stores, etc. – in fact, in most states that is prohibited by law. Only law enforcement can check the validity of your driver’s license in many states.

• Joe College

Oh. look. The press is finally allowed to show a picture of Obama playing golf…

• Joanne

Well, airlines better be redoing checks on all their employees, no matter the color of their skin. I heard a few years ago that people working at Canadian airports were allowing illegals through into Canada – I heard it once and never again. They also said it was prevalent at most Canadian major airports. I wonder what the situation is in the U.S.

• Joanne

Is this so surprising – there is a fraud in the Whitehouse, and everyone knows it but doesn’t do anything about it……..at least not anything that is effective to date.

• tommy mc donnell

you need an id to become a flight attendant but not one to vote. maybe the TSA should start screening the flight attendants.

• tommy mc donnell

jophan lived in the bronx, anthony lived in the bronx. don’t be so sure jophan stole anything.

• John

I think its safe to say this will bring on a whole new round of government restrictions on American freedom.

When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. The terrorists have won; welcome to America 2.0, not the America our founders created for us.

• Ipso Facto

#34 Sparky commented:

“The system is rigged to allow as many illegals into the US as possible. These are future voters for the Democrat Party.”

This is absolutely correct. The only thing you forgot to mention is that People of “color” are expedited and they have “community organizing services” like La Raza. MechA, etc, that help them throughout the entire process, complete with free immigration lawyers, etc.

For far too long, the regular folks in this country have had no idea what is REALLY going on behind the scenes. While so many white people are bending over backwards to be fair and open and sensitive, the people of color have been looking down upon us with scorn because we are naive rubes who are letting our entire nation go to hell in the name of “fairness”.

The next time you hear some race hustler talking about people being disenfranchised or some Hispanic voice talking about institutional racism – tell them to flat out go to Hell!
    After that talk it up amongst your friends and vote against these vermin in large numbers.

• sparkey308

anybody see the significance of the perp having taken a personal trip to Londonistan. Doing the terrorism americans won’t do. Nothing to see here, move along.

• chuck in st paul

And these are the people many Americans want to make life and death health decisions..???

• chuck in st paul

#10 June 18, 2011 at 9:14 am – chicago and #35 June 18, 2011 at 10:50 am – #1AMERICAN

• #1AMERICAN

@chuck…I will not disagree with you on that one!!!!

• Vixen

@sparkey308:

I sure did notice the Londonistan trip AFTER I’d already pondered about how easily this clown could’ve taken explosives on any flight he happened to be working. And I also wonder if this scenario could be repeated by enemies of the US.
    Sheesh.

• Joanne

The biggest terrorist is in the Whitehouse.

Obama overruled top Pentagon, DOJ lawyers on Libya war powers.

Tell me, how can he overrule on this. Americans have a big problem.

• retire05

Conservative To the Core: no, “could” is not the operative word. I was told that I had to provide one (bc) or the other (naturalization papers). This is required in order to prove nationality since the U.S. does NOT issue passports to foreigners. So, perhaps you can tell me how a illegal, who has never been naturaized, or doesn’t have a U.S. birth certificate managed to get a passport?

When you are in a hole, stop digging.

• chicago

#47 chuck – “I think the illegal with the job should get the idenity and the ‘citizen’ leech should get the bullet. Just sayin’ …. (*grin*)”

LOL!

• Conservative to the Core

Frair didn’t report anything stolen so Porter could get a duplicate birth certificate if he wanted to with the stolen identification.

But anyway, you don’t need a birth certificate per se to get a passport:

If you get your identification stolen, please report it so that illegals won’t be asking if you want peanuts or pretzels with your warm can of Coke on your next flight.

• U$A: THIRD WORLD RISING – http://www.AmericanPatrol.com

• USMC Thomas

Porter probably could have found a job as a TSA Agent with Homeland Security.

• Greg

I wonder which party they would most likely vote for?

• Granny

#53 –

You seem to have very real reading comprehension problems. YES you DO need a birth certificate to get a US passport – unless you have naturalization papers. Here is the list from your own link –

Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport
    Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state*
    Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
    Naturalization Certificate
    Certificate of Citizenship

Reporting your Driver’s license stolen will do absolutely NOTHING to prevent the issuance of either a passport or a birth certificate.

• Oldpuppymax

Well after all it isn’t LEGAL to investigate one of Holder’s people! RAAAAAACISM charges would be forthcoming, don’t ya know!

• Mark

Gosh, for a minute I thought you said, “illegal immigrant with stolen ID President oif the United States.”

How many muslim immigrants are helping secure our nuclear facilities? Not to worry, one of the Janets, either Reno or Incompetano is on it!

• Pilot

“Porter was caught after ID-theft victim Anthony Frair of The Bronx was denied food stamps because government records matched him to the airline job.”………….So Porter steals Frair’s identity and gets a job????? Why is Frair still sitting on his ass collecting food stamps????? The REAL Frair should be thrown in jail for taking advantage of the system and Porter should be allowed to keep the job. At least Porter makes an attempt to work instead of milking the welfare system!!!

• aprilnovember811

But Barack Obama is legitimate in every way. Impossible that he couldn’t be.

• SSBN 627(B)

Quick!! Grab Grandma’s boob!!!

There. All better.

Thank you, government, for spending my tax dollars so wisely.

• System works again!

d(^_^)b
    “Because the Only Good Progressive is a Failed Progressive”

• henrick

Dude should just make his way to Hawaii. They’ll set him up with a complete archive of vital records in “accordance with their policies and procedures”. Probably throw in a stolen Connecticut social security number for sh&ts and giggles.