Two boys, at the time 13 and 14, were arrested in 2018 for planning a Columbine-inspired attack on an Uvalde school — in 2022.
The boys, who were not named at the time of their arrests, would be 17 and 18 now.
Earlier this week, an 18-year-old young man shot and killed 19 students and two teachers at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde.
At the time of the teen’s arrests, Uvalde Chief of Police Daniel Rodriguez said that a Morales Junior High School student, 14, and a former Morales student, 13, were planning to conduct the attack four years from then.
“The investigation revealed that the students were infatuated with the Columbine High School shootings and identified themselves to the shooters. The investigation uncovered that the students even referred to themselves using the Columbine shooter’s names,” Rodriguez said in a press release, which local station KENS5 reported at the time.
“Investigators also believe the students were planning to hold the attacks years from now during their senior year, on the anniversary of the Columbine shooting. However, one of the students began to convince the other that they should move the attacks up to this year,” the report said.
“One of the students had numerous writings and drawings which depicted weapons capable of causing mass destruction. He wrote about being ‘God-like’ and killing police and other persons. He had an academic analysis of one of the Columbine shooter’s journals,” the release stated.
— 🌺 Deesinformation Czar 🌺 (@sweetdeesez) May 26, 2022
The students planned to detonate IEDs and kill students based on priority rankings, before killing at random then turning the guns on themselves.
The report stated that the boys were “evaluated by mental health services on April 19, when the investigation led officials to the pair. The older of the two was released on April 23 into his mother’s care.”
They were soon arrested again, less than a week later for Conspiracy to Commit Murder.
The school district released the following statement at the time:
Our school district is committed to the safety and education of all our students and we want to clearly communicate about safety issues when they arise. One of our Morales Junior High students was experiencing a crisis. Upon rendering aid and support, the student revealed a future plan to conduct a school shooting in the year of 2022. With the type of detailed information that was revealed by the student to law enforcement and confirmed in their investigation, the student has been arrested and will not be returning to our school. Our school district has a strong partnership with our local law enforcement agencies and emergency responders. They share our commitment to student safety, and we are working closely with them to ensure all information is thoroughly evaluated and our school is as safe as possible.
We ask our parents to assist us in reminding their child/children of the importance of telling a staff member if they ever become aware of a plan to harm individuals or of a weapon at school. The STOPit app may be utilized by parents or students to inform administration of any inappropriate behavior. In this way, we are all working together to keep our schools safe.
The Gateway Pundit has reached out to the Uvalde Police to ask if the shooter was involved with this case. We will update this story if a comment is provided.