Man Charged With Faking Positive COVID Test to Get Out of Court

A Connecticut man has been charged with a crime for allegedly faking a positive COVID test to get out of going to court.

Junior Jumpp, 31, was arrested on December 28 and has been charged with forgery and fabricating physical evidence over the false test results.

“According to the arrest warrant affidavit, Jumpp was out on bond following his arrest in connection with a number of criminal cases pending in the New Britain Judicial District. Court-ordered conditions of his release on bond required that he not be arrested in connection with any other crimes for which probable cause is found,” the Connecticut Division of Criminal Justice said in a press release about the arrest.

Jumpp was arrested on November 16 by the Hartford Police for Threatening in the Second Degree and Breach of Peace in the Second Degree.

Ten days later, on November 26, Jumpp was arrested by the South Windsor Police Department for Interfering with an Officer and Breach of Peace in the Second Degree.

Jumpp was ordered to appear in New Britain Superior Court on November 30 before the Honorable Maureen Keegan over non-compliance with his conditions of release.

“On November 29, 2021, Jumpp’s defense counsel informed Judge Keegan and the State’s Attorney that he had received a screenshot from Jumpp purporting to be a positive COVID-19 test notification,” the press release continued. “Judge Keegan excused Jumpp from appearing on the following day. Investigation revealed that, in fact, the notification was forged and fabricated by Jumpp to preclude him from having to appear before Judge Keegan on the bond review.”

Jumpp was previously accused of beating and stabbing his now ex-girlfriend in 2017 — while she was holding her five-year-old child.

Jumpp is now being held on $25,000 bond and has 12 pending cases against him.

Forgery in the Second Degree and Fabrication of Physical Evidence are both Class D felonies punishable by not less than one year nor more than 5 years in prison and/or up to a $5,000 fine.


Thanks for sharing!