The 15-year-old girl who killed an Uber Eats driver in DC along with a 13-year-old accomplice has pleaded guilty to felony murder.
Per a plea deal reached with the prosecutor’s office in April, the girl, who has not been named because she is a minor, will not be sent to prison or be held past her 18th birthday.
The murder and carjacking of 66-year-old Mohammad Anwar horrified the nation as it was captured on film by a witness.
The 15 year-old who killed Uber Eats driver Mohammad Anwar has pled guilty to felony murder. Because of her age, she will be remanded to juvenile detention and will be released when she turns 18.
— John Roberts (@johnrobertsFox) May 11, 2021
The teenager entered a plea deal last Wednesday in which the D.C. Attorney General’s Office agreed to drop all other charges against her, D.C. Superior Court spokesperson Claire Huber said in a statement. Along with felony murder, she had been facing several other counts, including armed carjacking, robbery and aggravated reckless driving.
Highlighting the callous heartlessness of these girls, instead of fleeing the scene after the car that they were trying to steal crashed and rolled on its side, one of them began looking for her cellphone that was in the vehicle — while walking nonchalantly past her victim’s mangled body.
The 15-year-old’s sentencing hearing is scheduled for June 4, and a court appearance for the 13-year old has been rescheduled for May 19.
D.C. Police Commander Ramey Kyle told FOX 5 that they are investigating one of the suspect’s involvements in another carjacking in January.
A GoFundMe for the victim’s family has raised over a million dollars.