Dementia Joe and his coterie of enablers have embarked on a foreign policy that is likely to result in a new war that will endanger America and further a growing perception that the United States is weak and divided. There are three troublesome flashpoints that could explode at any time and catapult our nation into a costly, deadly military confrontation (Ukraine, China and Iran). Topping the list is Ukraine.
The corrupt dealings in Ukraine over the last four years by Joe and Hunter Biden leaves them completely compromised and subject to coercion, even blackmail. With this as a backdrop, the decade-long effort by the United States to weaken Russia’s influence in eastern Ukraine has been revived with Biden’s arrival in the White House.
Let me first introduce you to some essential facts:
- The 2014 Ukrainian revolution, also known as the Euromaidan revolution or the Revolution of Dignity refers to a series of violent events involving protesters, riot police, and unknown shooters in the capital, Kyiv covering the period from November 30th, 2013 to February 2014, culminating in the ouster of the elected Ukrainian President, Viktor Yanukovych, and the overthrow of the Ukrainian Government. Successive Ukrainian governments in the 2000s sought a closer relationship with the European Union (EU).
- Many Ukrainians from the western half of the country are the descendants and relatives of people who fought for the Nazis in World War II and they continue to commemorate and celebrate the Waffen SS units populated by Ukrainian men.
- Most Ukrainians in the West resent those in the East because of their historic ties to the former Soviet Union aka Russia. The millions killed in World War II in the Ukraine and Russia remain vivid memories and raw wounds.
- The Pro-Russian separatist forces in eastern Ukraine (the Donbass), consist of the Donbas People’s Militia, the Luhansk People’s Militia, and autonomous armed groups. They are designated as terrorist groups by the Government of Ukraine.
- Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama pushed policies to bring Ukraine into NATO; something which Russia perceives as an existential threat. Donald Trump moved away from that policy. Joe Biden has reversed course and is pushing forward with a policy that is likely to result in war between Ukraine and Russia in the coming weeks.
With this background in mind, consider the following. There are multiple ceasefire violations every day in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions (DPR aka Donetsk People’s Republic and LPR aka Luhansk People’s Republic).
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy arrived in Donbass on Thursday (April 8) to claim that the DPR and LPR were guilty of systematically violating the ceasefire, and mourned the Ukrainian defenders who have been killed and wounded as a result of “enemy” shelling. President Zelenskiy said nothing about provocations and violations by his own troops.
A little more than a year ago, (March 6th, 2020) Ukraine President Zelenskiy warned Russia to leave Crimea within the next 12 months. On March 4, 2021, one year later, Russia is still there. And both sides are all set for war.
Dementia Joe is pouring gasoline on this fire. Just last week Biden and his team made it clear to the Ukrainian leader that the United States would back Ukraine:
US President Joe Biden affirmed his “unwavering support” for Ukraine in a call to President Volodymyr Zelensky on Friday after Kiev accused Moscow of building up military forces on its border.
The call, which was Biden’s first conversation with Zelensky since the US leader’s inauguration in January, came after Russia warned the West earlier Friday against sending troops to Ukraine to buttress its ally.
It also came as tensions between the United States and Russia have hit rock bottom after Biden last month infuriated Moscow by agreeing with a description of his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin as a “killer”.
And it gets worse. Biden is preparing to send our Navy to the southern coast of Russia:
The Biden administration is reportedly poised to send Navy ships into the Black Sea in a show of force supporting Ukraine amid a buildup of Russian troops along that country’s border and Moscow’s further militarization of the Crimean Peninsula.
This is beyond reckless. But it has been a longstanding training priority for the US Navy. In March 2021, for example:
The Ticonderoga-class guided-missile cruiser USS Monterey (CG 61) transited from the Black Sea to the Mediterranean Sea, concluding its recent Black Sea operations and its participation in the Romanian-led exercise Sea Shield 2021, March 24, 2021. . . . “Our operations in the Black Sea demonstrate our commitment to NATO partners and supported the provision of stability in the maritime environment through reassuring presence of an active naval force to deter destabilizing activity,” said Capt. Joseph A. Baggett, commanding officer, USS Monterey (CG 61).
Remember how we freaked out when Russian warships, carrying nuclear missiles, tried to make port call in Cuba way back in 1962? And yet we think we can act with similar belligerence in the sea that abuts Russia’s southern shore and the Russian’s won’t care?
Russia’s Defence Ministry said on Thursday (April 8) it was moving more than 10 navy vessels, including landing boats and artillery warships, from the Caspian Sea to the Black Sea to take part in exercises, Interfax news agency reported. . . .
On Tuesday, it said it was beginning a planned combat readiness inspection of its forces that would involve more than 4,000 drills this month.
“As part of the winter training check, more than 10 amphibious and artillery boats and vessels of the southern military district are conducting an inter-fleet move from the Caspian Sea to the Black Sea,” the ministry was quoted as saying on Thursday.
Joe Biden is not calling these shots. Hell, I doubt if he has the mental ability to choose whether or not to don underwear in the morning. His national security team, which is beholden to large defense contractors only see dollar bills flowing into their coffers. This does not have a damn thing to do with US National Security.
We will keep a close watch on this. It could go ugly quickly. I pray that does not happen. Russia is still a nuclear superpower, notwithstanding the sustained propaganda campaign in the West to portray Russia as a doddering drunken Cossack. Russia is a serious nation. We should act accordingly.