I know that our media is a pathetic lot of sycophants with no interest in reporting real news, but the attacks on U.S. logistical convoys in Iraq surely should have merited some comment. So far Crickets.
According to Southfront.org, six separate convoys have been hit with Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) in the last two days:
On March 30th, the Iraqi resistance groups targeted three US logistical convoys in center and south of Iraq. The IED attacks were carried out for the second day in a row.
IED attack US logistic convoy in Naseriyah governorate, when the convoy was heading from Basra to Erbil.
IED attack US logistic convoy in Babil governorate .
IED attack US logistic convoy in Salah Aldeen governorate . The attack was in the Dujail area, and the International Resistance faction group claimed responsibility for the operation.
On March 29th, improvised explosive device (IED) targeted three logistical convoys of the US-led international coalition in the Iraqi Al Diwaniyah province in central Iraq.
According to pro-Iranian sources, similar attacks were reported in the provinces of Dhi-Qar and Babil.
This has been going on for more than a week. Five other convoys were hit last week on the same day:
The attacks took place in the following areas:
- The first supply convoy was attacked near the city of al-Diwaniyah in the southern province of al-Qādisiyyah. The Islamic Resistance in Iraq – ‘Ashab al-Kahf claimed responsibility for the attack;
- The second supply convoy was attacked near the city of al-Nasiriyah in the southern province of Dhi Qar. Saraya Awli’a al-Dam claimed responsibility for the attack;
- The third supply convoy was attacked near the district of Yusufiya in the outskirts of the capital, Baghdad. The International Resistance claimed responsibility for the attack. Three trucks were allegedly damaged. The group shared a video of the attack;
- The fourth supply convoy was attacked near the city of Hillah in the central province of Babylon. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack yet;
- The fifth supply convoy was attacked near al-Diwaniyah. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack yet.
Follow the links I have posted to watch some of the videos of the attacks. Brings back bad old memories of the attacks on our forces back in 2006. These are coordinated, sustained operations. The goal appears simple–force the U.S. coalition out of Iraq.
It also is important to note that no casualties are being reported. The only thing being destroyed is the cargo container attached to each truck. These attacks reportedly are being orchestrated by forces backed by Iran. The Iranians are being very careful not to kill U.S. personnel. However, they are concentrating on disrupting the supply line and creating logistic shortfalls that in turn will hamper military operations.
Another big story receiving little attention connected to this is the on-going fighting between Syrian factions backed by the U.S. coalition and those groups backed by our erstwhile NATO ally, Turkey. This is not a simple story of “bad” Iran versus “good” America. Far more complicated.
You need to ask yourself a very simple question. Are you willing to send your sons and daughters to the hell-scape and risk death or maiming while the Democrats demonize any soldier, sailor or Marine who dares to express their support for Donald Trump’s America First agenda? When our military personnel are being maligned by extremists in the Biden Administration as “insurrectionists,” we should not be fooled into getting whipped up into a frenzy to send more of our sons and daughters into that godforsaken sinkhole. This ain’t our fight.