OAN Reporter in Syria ‘Finds No Evidence of Chemical Weapon Attack in Douma’

Pearson Sharp of One America News obtained exclusive access to where the chemical attack was alleged to take place in Douma and is reporting and that after interviewing dozens of people, the consensus by residents is that the incident was staged by the rebels to help them escape.

The stunning on the ground report asserts that they spoke with approximately ten residents about a block away from where the attack was said to have happened and not a single person heard anything that day.

Additionally, the crew visited a rebel headquarters that had been held by Jaish al-Islam until recently.

“I got to go down and I explored some of the tunnels in the area. I walked through some of the rooms where they were making weapons — weapons manufacturing. There were entire rooms filled with mortars and they were stacked from floor to ceiling. It’s shocking to see how much weaponry the terrorists had piled up in that area,” Pearson said.

Next, the investigative team went to a nearby square where what appeared to be a Syrian relief convoy was handing out necessities such as food, water and clothing. He estimated that the line to receive aid was at least a thousand people long. Pearson picked dozens of random people to speak to in the line.

“I went up random people. I know that there is a lot of concern from people that the residents being interviewed are plants — that they are Russian operatives or staged interviews,” Pearson said. “No one came up to us, and we interviewed probably 30 or 40 people throughout the town. Consistently not one person in the entire town, that we talked, to said that they had seen or heard anything about a chemical attack.”

Many of those he spoke to claimed that they were very close by when the attack was said to have happened. One man that he spoke to asserted that he was within 50 meters of the site at the time and did not see any unusual activity.

“All of them told me that it was staged by the rebels who were occupying the town at that time. They said that it was a fabrication, that it was a hoax, and when I asked them why — they told me that it was because the rebels were desperate and they needed a ploy to help get the Syrian Army off their backs so that they could escape,” Pearson reported.

Pearson repeatedly reiterated that this was not his opinion or propaganda, but rather what he was told by residents on the ground while he was in town.

“The residents told me that the terrorists staged this attack to get the Western powers to attack the Syrian Army,” Pearson asserted.

Another question that Pearson asked residents was about their opinions of Bashar-al Assad, who is reported by the mainstream media as being a brutal dictator who is terrorizing his people.

“When I talked to the people who lived in these towns, they specifically said that they loved Bashar-al Assad, that he was great,” Pearson explained. He also asked residents about the so-called “moderate rebels,” and was told that there was no such thing as a “moderate rebel” and that they were starving people to death.

Finally, the team went to ground zero of where the chemicals were alleged to have hit.

“There was some mortars that had exploded in the concrete, but nothing looked like a chemical attack. When I asked the people there — there were soldiers there, there was military police there — they said that they had been stationed there for a while and did not see anything that day,” Pearson said.

Pearson also spoke to one of the doctors at a hospital very close to where the attack allegedly happened, and he told him that it was a “routine day” and that it was very dusty that day so people were coming in coughing.

“Suddenly, out of nowhere, they said a bunch of strangers burst into the room screaming that there was a chemical attack. They brought in alleged victims and started hosing them down with water. So, the doctors freaked out and they grabbed hoses and started helping,” Pearson said. “The strangers who brought in the victims were videotaping everything.”

The doctor reportedly told Pearson that after everyone was washed off the strangers packed up their camera gear and they left. He said that while the people were there, he did not see any indication that there had been a chemical attack and that the people who came in looked totally normal.

Pearson also spoke to the head surgeon of the hospital and that there had been zero deaths there that day.

In conclusion, Pearson said that while there is no definitive proof either way on whether not there was an attack, he could not find a single bit of evidence that there had been.

Pearson is said to have footage which backs up his reporting, but was having difficulty transmitting it back to the United States for the live update.

Dear Reader - The enemies of freedom are choking off the Gateway Pundit from the resources we need to bring you the truth. Since many asked for it, we now have a way for you to support The Gateway Pundit directly - and get ad-reduced access. Plus, there are goodies like a special Gateway Pundit coffee mug for supporters at a higher level. You can see all the options by clicking here - thank you for your support!


Thanks for sharing!