BOOM! Illegal Alien Caravan Reportedly ABANDONS Plan To Flood US-Mexico Border
President Donald Trump scored a big win Wednesday after a caravan of illegal aliens reportedly opted to abandon traveling to the US-Mexico border.
A caravan of Central American migrants whose trek across Mexico infuriated President Donald Trump has decided not to travel to the US border, leaders said Tuesday.
“We will wrap up our work in Mexico City,” said Irineo Mujica, the head of the migrant advocacy group People Without Borders (Pueblo sin Fronteras).
“We have support teams at the border if there are people who need assistance there, but they would have to travel on their own,” he told AFP in the town of Matias Romero, in the southern Mexican state of Oaxaca. […]
The Republican president vowed to send the US military to secure the border and threatened to axe the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) if Mexico did not stop the caravan.
Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen announced Wednesday that President Donald Trump will sign an executive order to send the National Guard to “assist the border patrol.”
Homeland Security Secretary Kristjen Nielsen announces Trump will sign an executive order to deploy the National Guard to "assist the border patrol." pic.twitter.com/GhS8eLR1jj
— NBC News (@NBCNews) April 4, 2018
President Trump told reporters Tuesday that he and Defense Secretary Mattis plan to send the U.S. military to the border with Mexico as a caravan of illegal immigrants approaches.
— CBS News (@CBSNews) April 3, 2018
As The Gateway Pundit previously reported, smaller groups have begun to splinter from the main caravan, raising questions if some illegal aliens part of the original group will still make it to the U.S. border.
Fox News reported:
The large group has been camped out in the town of Matias Romero in the southern part of Mexico since the weekend, after starting a trek from the Guatemala-Mexico border on March 25. It reached a peak of about 1,500 but a spokesperson for the advocacy group Pueblo Sin Fronteras – which organized the caravan and sought to draw attention to the rights of migrants – told Reuters that many people had broken off and were continuing the route on their own.
“Now they’re separating these groups,” Ellis Garcia told Reuters. “I don’t know what’s the deal, we have no answers.”[…]
But while some plan to stay in Mexico, others plan to continue on their journey to reach the U.S.
“Our destination is to reach the United States, to support those who remain (in Honduras),” Mirna Hernandez told Reuters. “Not long ago my brother was killed, he was killed cruelly. Doing this for him and his family, that is why we are fighting to go there.”