‘Give it To Hillary So She Can Email it To WikiLeaks’: Assange Fires Off Cryptic Tweet Amid #ReleaseTheMemo Firestorm
In a cryptic tweet Monday, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange offered a solution to by-passing Congress to release the highly anticipated FISA memo.
Assange’s solution? Give the four-page document to former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, who in turn can “email it,” to the non-profit organization.
“All this hysteria against releasing a memo half of Congress has already seen under the basis that some bureaucrat claimed it was classified? Just give it to Hillary Clinton so she can email it to @WikiLeaks. Problem solved. #ReleaseTheMemo,” tweeted Assange.
According to Richard Pollock’s latest for the Daily Caller, there is a strong possibility the four-page document, authored by House Intelligence Committee staffers, will be declassified tonight.
The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence is likely to vote today to declassify and release a memo alleging the Obama Department of Justice abused the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act in order to spy on Trump campaign associates, The Daily Caller News Foundation has learned.
The scheduling of the vote was confirmed by a congressional source familiar with the committee’s activities. The committee meets today at 5 p.m. EST.
The four-page memo reportedly authored by California GOP Rep. Devin Nunes, the chairman of the House Permanent Select Intelligence Committee, is the product of many documents the committee recently reviewed from the Justice Department. It could reveal the Obama administration used the salacious Fusion GPS “Trump Dossier” to trigger surveillance of Trump campaign aides after the 2016 election, as some Republicans have alleged.
On Sunday evening, the Fox News host dropped a major clue about what tomorrow’s broadcast may cover. Firing off yet another “Tick Tock,” warning, Hannity tweeted Byron York’s piece for the Washington Examiner, which says House Intelligence Committee Republicans could vote to release the FISA abuse memo tomorrow. Does the Fox News host already know the Committee will vote to make the “shocking,” four-page document public?
As The Gateway Pundit‘s Jim Hoft reported, reporter Sara Carter told Fox News on Sunday that she estimates the memo will be released “probably within the week.”
Carter warned the FOX anchors, “This is really going to be big!”
“FOX and Friends“ host Pete Hegseth said the release may be on Monday.
In what is the second major “leak,” to come from the FISA abuse memo, a new report reveals Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein signed off on an application to extend surveillance of Trump campaign official Carter Page. Rosenstein assumed office on April 26th, 2017, approving the spy warrant merely three months after Trump was inaugurated on January 20th, 2017.
Last week, the Daily Beast reported former FBI Director James Comey, bureau Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein are officially named in the “shocking” FISA abuse memo.
During a recent appearance on CNN‘s morning show “New Day” Friday, Rep. Chris Stewart (R-UT) told host Chris Cuomo that the “essence” of the “shocking,” FISA abuse memo centers around whether or not the FBI and Justice Department provided false information to the FISA court for the purpose of obtaining spy warrants.