Director of National Intelligence James Clapper compares claims of Russian collusion with the Watergate scandal while speaking at the National Press Club of Australia. Despite Mr. Clapper’s high- level role in U.S intelligence, a review of his career will reveal a major lack of credibility.
James Clapper has a long track record of putting his foot in his mouth and falling short in his job performance. Just to list a few:
- He was accused by Colonel W. Patrick Lang of “damn near destroying the DIA” http://archive.is/o8uPd#selection-25.0-25.27
- Lying while under oath in 2013 http://archive.is/94kVN
- Receiving the Rosemary Award for having the worst open- government performance of 2013 http://archive.is/C9Cx2#selection-4071.93-4071.142
- He described Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood as “largely secular” http://archive.is/WyzDg#selection-449.0-453.23
- He underestimated the severity of war in Syria, as well as how dangerous ISIS is http://archive.is/GE6MQ#selection-4265.226-4265.268
- Stated that changes to the Benghazi reports were not politically motivated and that there was “no attempt to mislead the American people about what happened in Benghazi.” http://archive.is/oLCkk#selection-4721.53-4721.185
- He claims that he played a major role in reporting on the presence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, stating “my fingerprints were on that national intelligence estimate, I was in the community then” as well as falsification of military intelligence reports http://archive.is/yMruw#selection-1851.25-1851.115
One aspect of Clapper’s history that has been neglected by the media is his own corrupt involvement with private intelligence contractors such as Booz Allen Hamilton.
Lucian and Ali discuss James Clapper’s testimony and general lack of credibility, as well as the broader topic of the Left’s Russian collusion conspiracy theory.
— Ali (@ali) June 7, 2017