Japan Tightens Security After ISIS Video Threats
Last week ISIS threatened to behead Japanese journalist Kenji Goto.
On Tuesday ISIS released a tape with Kenji Goto where he said, “I have less than 24 hours to live.”
On Saturday ISIS beheaded Kenji Goto…
ISIS threatened Japan in the video of Goto’s beheading:
To the Japanese government, you, like the foolish satanic coalition have yet to understand that we, by Allah’s grace, are Islamic caliphate with authority and power, an entire army thirsty for your blood.”
On Monday Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe announced that security measures have been strengthened after the ISIS video threats were issued this weekend.
La Prensa reported:
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said Monday that security measures have been strengthened both within the country and outside to protect its citizens abroad after the Islamic State, IS, issued threats.
“I will take thorough measures to ensure the safety of Japanese citizens inside and outside Japan. We will raise a greater alert and security at important facilities,” said Abe during a meeting between the two ruling parties on Monday.
Abe’s comments came the day after the broadcast of the IS video showing the apparent beheading of the Japanese journalist Kenji Goto, who had been held hostage by the jihadist group since last October.
In the video, Goto’s hooded executioner criticizes in English Japan for participating in the coalition against the IS and that from now begins “the nightmare for Japan”.
Abe said that falling into fear and disorder is exactly what the terrorists want and stressed that Japan would remain firm in its stance against terrorism, reported the state network NHK.
Condemning this cruel and inhuman act, Abe said, “I will work with the international community to have them pay for their crimes,” at the beginning of the meeting with other Japanese parties, including the New Komeito Party, to discuss the security situation of the country.