Ouch! Middle Class Trusts GOP over Democrats by 35 Point Margin to Run the US Economy
After decades of destroying jobs, manufacturing, religion, culture, tradition and livelihood the Democrat Party was stunned in 2016 to discover Americans weren’t buying their lies about supporting the Middle Class in America.
The DNC recently published a survey of Middle Class voters after months of blaming Russia for their stunning loss in November.
It’s worse than they thought.
By a staggering 35 point margin Middle Class voters now understand they have a better chance with Republicans on the economy and creating jobs.
That’s got to hurt.
Via the RNC:
Key findings of the “White Working Class Voter Project”
- By a staggering 35-point margin, Republicans are believed to be more likely to “help improve the economy and create jobs” than Democrats
- Democrats trail on the initial Congressional ballot by 10 points (43% – 33% )
- Republicans are doing better with those under the age of 60 (45 % – 32% ) than those over the age of 60 (42% – 34% )
- A majority approve of the job President Trump is doing (52% – 44% )
- Trump’s approval is higher among those under the age of 60 (56% – 40% ) than it is with those over the age of 60 (49% – 47% )
- Trump’s approval is higher in districts surveyed that Hillary Clinton carried (53% – 43% ) than ones he carried himself (52% – 45% )
- A majority also say the Trump Presidency is either going as well as they expected or going better than they expected
- When asked: “Thinking about Democrats in Congress, what is your greatest concern?” the top 2 answers were “hyperpartisanship/not working with Republicans” and “obstructionist/opposition to Trump”
- 66% of GOP voters approve of the job House Republicans are doing, up from 44% last year
- These voters’ share of the electorate was stable from 2012 to 2016, but Democrats margin among them got 12 points worse
You can read the full House Majority PAC-funded survey here.