Guest post by Joe Hoft
DOW Reaches Another High – One for the Record books – We’re In The Greatest US Stock Market Rally Ever!
19th consecutive day where the DOW reached an all time high at the closing bell.
12th Straight Daily Close at an All Time High for the DOW!
More than Half a Month of Consecutive All Time Highs!
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DOW) hit another record new high on today! It was the 12th straight daily market close where the DOW set a new stock market high. This incredible rally started back on February 9th.
In the history of the DOW, going back to January 1901, the DOW record for most continuous closing high trading days was set in January of 1987 when Ronald Reagan was President. The DOW set closing highs an amazing 12 times in a row that month.
Today if the DOW matched that All Time Historical record with its 12th Record Close in a Row!
However, counting weekends and holidays, the DOW has closed with new highs over the past 19 days! This has never happened before and is now the All time record consecutive number of days where the DOW closed at all time highs at the period’s closing bells.
Here are some more DOW highlights since Donald Trump was elected the 45th President of the United States:
* Economist Says Stock Market Gained $2 TRILLION in Wealth Since Trump Elected!
* The S&P 500 broke $20 Trillion for the first time in its history.
* The DOW daily closing stock market average has risen more than 13% since the election on November
* Including November 9th through today, there have been 74 trading days. For more than 40% of these days, the DOW has reached all time highs (31 times).
* This is only the 2nd time since 1937 that the stock market hit two new closing highs in the four trading days after the Presidential inauguration. This occurred in January of 1965, shortly after Lyndon Johnson was sworn in as President and again right after the Trump Inauguration in January of this year.
* Since the Inauguration on January 20th the DOW has risen 5%. According to Fox Insider, Trump’s first month in office is the DOW’s biggest gain for any President in his first 30 Days since way back in 1909 when Taft was President.
* Also, another record during the Trump Rally is that the stock market moved between 1000 point markers (between 19,000 and 20,000) in only 42 trading days. The only time it moved faster between significant markers was in 1999 when it took 24 days to reach 11,000.
* As we pointed out on December 21st shortly after Trump was elected, never in its history had the DOW reached the number of closing stock market highs after an election. There were only 8 times in the history of the Dow where the Dow set new closing highs for 17 days or more in a 29 day period. The last time this occurred was nearly 20 years ago in 1998.
* The DOW has hit new All Time Highs 14 of 26 days since the Trump Inauguration for an amazing 54% of the closing bells.
The prior All Time High for the DOW before the November 8th election was on August 15th, 2016. This is why the ‘Trump Rally’ is such an anomaly and totally due to President Trump and his winning policies.
Don’t Ever Underestimate President Donald Trump!