According to The Federalist a fake hate incident is not difficult to spot. The more an accusation of wrongdoing or criminal activity sounds like a picture-perfect capitalized example of Hate Crime or Wicked Evil Behavior, the more you should mistrust the claims.
There have been a slew of reported hate crimes since Donald J. Trump shellacked Hillary Clinton in the November election.
But, to the surprise of no one, most of the reported hate crimes ended up being complete fabrications.
In fact, it is safe to say more people were arrested for fake hate crimes than Trump supporters arrested for abusing a poor Democrat after the election. If you are aware of ANY Trump supporter being arrested for assaulting a Hillary supporter unprovoked please send us a notice.
It is also true that there were 2,000 reports of hate crimes against Trump supporters since the election.
Reddit user Dalisu put together this list of fake hate crimes since the November election.
- The Texas family whose car and motorcycle were burned, and whose garage was spray-painted with “n—-r lover”, only to have his wife later reveal that her husband had hoaxed the community by doing it himself.http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2016/12/23/denton-man-set-vehicles-ablaze-painted-racial-slur-garage-door-wife-says
- The black, “white supremacist” arrested for the infamous burned-down black church which had “Vote Trump” written on it: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fire-marshal-politics-motive-vote-trump-arson-44341228
- South Philly graffiti — **”Black Bitch”, “Trump Rules” — arrest made, turns out to be black “white supremacist” : http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/S-Jersey-man-arrested-in-post-election-vandalism-in-South-Philly.html?mobi=true
- young lady who was arrested for fabricating a story about an attack by racists on a NYC subway while yelling “Donald Trump”: http://ijr.com/2016/12/757186-muslim-teen-caught-lying-about-trump-inspired-assault-gets-humiliating-punishment/
- young lady from Ann Arbor who fabricated a terrifying tale of a Trump supporter threatening that he’d burn the hijab off of her if she didn’t take it off: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/ann-arbor-police-womans-story-about-being-force-to-remove-hijab-did-not-occur
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette student who now admits she fabricated her claim that men wearing Trump hats attacked her, knocked her down, and stole her headscarf: http://klfy.com/2016/11/10/lafayette-pd-ul-student-made-up-story-about-attack-stolen-hijab/
- the brown “white supremacist” arrested for writing KKK and swastikas at Nassau community college: http://patch.com/new-york/gardencity/man-who-drew-swastikas-across-nassau-community-college-arrested-police
- the Bowling Green student who was arrested after falsely claiming she was attacked and taunted with racial slurs by MAGA-gear wearing Trump supporters: http://www.wtol.com/story/33736486/bgsu-student-charged-after-reporting-fake-assault
- another student at BGSU who fabricated a story about a robbery and derogatory slur : http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/11/19/BGSU-Second-report-of-slur-attack-false-too.html
- a black man in Malden (Boston area) who claimed he was forced to run for his life after being threatened with lynching, chased, and told that “It’s Trump country now”, but then admitted he fabricated the story: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2016/11/man_admits_to_faking_hate_crime_in_malden
- the man who hung a nazi flag in SF (incidentally, across the street from his neighbors whose family members were Holocaust victims), only to later explain he was making an anti-Trump political statement: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/San-Francisco-homeowner-s-Nazi-flag-protest-of-10605083.php
- the “courageous” throat-punching, racist-stomping woman who claimed to have bashed the fash only to be inexplicably handcuffed for her trouble, but who police say fabricated the incident: http://www.mndaily.com/article/2016/11/umpd-not-involved-in-handcuffed-university-student
- the woman who was supposedly threatened at a gas station with a gun by Trump supporters, but who never contacted police and has now deleted her accusation: http://www.phillyvoice.com/police-no-official-report-ugly-racial-incident-del-gas-station/
- Williams College students who admitted they wrote KKK graffiti and dumped fake blood in a church to bring attention to the effects of the presidential election: http://williamsrecord.com/2016/11/16/two-students-admit-to-vandalizing-griffin-hall-on-saturday/
- Bisexual North Park University student who school says fabricated hateful pro-Trump messages: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/north-park-fabricated-notes-402556366.html
- An Elon University hate message that received national attention “Bye bye latinos hasta la vista” but was later revealed to be written by a Latino student who was upset about the results of the election and wrote the message as a “satirical commentary”: http://www.elonnewsnetwork.com/article/2016/11/note-found-whiteboard-kivette-bye-bye-latinos
- These Wellesley college kids, accused of screaming racist and homophobic slurs, but were cleared of charges when it was determined they were only yelling “Make America Great Again” — incident took place in front of “Harambee House” (kek!): http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/12/19/pro-trump-babson-students-cleared-wellesley-victory-incident/RsIfPd27sNxqiXvnwOrhTJ/story.html