GOP Spent $9 Million in 2009 in Virginia – Only Spent $3 Million in 2013 to Help Cuccinelli
GOP Screwed the Cooch–
In 2009, the GOP spent more than $9 million in Virginia to elect Bob McDonnell.
However, the GOP only spent $3 million in Virginia this election cycle.
The GOP released this statement this morning.
Here’s a look at Virginia:
- The RNC spent $3 million to support Ken Cuccinelli and the Republican ticket, while building the party’s presence in Virginia.
- In getting out the vote for Cuccinelli and the Republican ticket, we tested our new precinct-based voter contact model.
- Precinct Teams, led by Precinct Captains, canvassed neighborhoods using RNC data and new technology.
- This allowed for a more decentralized approach: individuals could focus on neighborhoods with which they were familiar.
- By October, we already had twice as many data points as we did at the same point in 2012.
- We had 50 offices, which was more than 2012.
- We had 60 staff on the ground, on par with 2012.