Virginia Baker Swamped With Business Since Telling Biden “No!” (Video)

Earlier this week Radford, Virginia business owner Chris McMurray refused to host Joe Biden at his bakery Crumb and Get it. McMurray said he didn’t agree with the Obama administration’s policies.

Today “Crumb and Get It” in Radford had to shut down at 1:15 p.m.
They ran out of food.
Chris McMurray said his business has been overwhelmed since he told Joe Biden “No!”
WDBJ7 reported:

Why in the world would a new business owner say “no” to a photo op with the Vice President of the United States?

McMurray said it was President Obama’s recent remarks about small business and who built what.

“Very simply, ‘you didn’t build that’” McMurray said. “Speaking of small businesses and entrepreneurs all across this country and actually last night my wife was up all night. No sleep, she’s worked a full 24 hours.”

When “Crumb and Get It” said ‘no’, “River City Grill,” just around the corner, said ‘yes’ and has the pictures to prove it, and didn’t care about the politics.

“If you want to throw in some libertarians as well that’s fine too. Stop in as well,” Chris Bell said. “Just bring your money. Sure, right!

Back at the bakery, a couple of guys said they’d hoped to see Biden and didn’t care that the VP had been turned away.

“I mean it really doesn’t matter to me. Everyone has their own views so I love the food here anyway. I agree. Everybody’s different so I could care less,” said Spenser Critterton of Radford.

Here’s the back story, we’re told that shortly after Crumb and Get It told Biden’s advance people ‘no’ — the secret service walked in and told Chris McMurray ”Thanks for standing up and saying ‘no’ — then they bought a whole bunch of cookies and cupcakes.

McMurray said he’s hoping folks will understand he just didn’t want to be part of a photo op for an administration whose policies he doesn’t agree with.

Hat Tip Marvin

Even the secret service backed him.
Terrific.

• Jim

To quote Nancy Reagan – “Just say no.”

• Jim

Offensive comment removed and impersonator banned.

Gateway Pundit Administrator

• mg4us

Glad to see fellow Americans from the SILENT MAJORITY demonstrate their support in word and Deed. .after all ACTION speaks LOUDER than Words

Wonder how Obama and his WH cronies feel seeing this play out?

NObama in NOvember

Great! And I was wondering where Orlando Salinas was. Right there.

• Ghost

I don’t know nuthin’ ’bout this sort of geologic thing but,

aren’t there usual signs of an impending landslide or avalanche,
    y’know, like loose rock falling, snow slipping away, or something
    that precedes the main event- y’know whut I mean?

• Pingback: Born Conservative – Virginia Baker Swamped With Business Since Telling Biden “No!” (Video)()

• Practical Jane

#2:
    Really? You kiss your loved ones with that mouth?

• Highlander

#2 – That was uncalled for….

Meanwhile, I’ll bet those Secret Service guys’ names don’t go public …. and if they do, I see a reassignment in their future.

• Pingback: Virginia Baker Swamped With Business Since Telling Biden “No!” (Video)|PolitifreakPolitifreak()

• Taqiyyotomist

Jim I was hoping you’d cover this.

Even Obama’s S.S. wants him gone and replaced with an honorable man.
    —-

Jim, please do something about your site’s moby problem.

• Remco Kimber

As goes the cupcakes, so goes the election.

Offensive comment removed and impersonator banned.

Gateway Pundit Administrator

• Michael Zak

Comment deleted and impersonator banned.

Gateway Pundit Administrator

• Practical Jane

#12:
    Explain please. I really want to hear the logic. Thanks.

• Highlander

The moby is hard at work again tonight I see …

• Mari

Does this cookie place have a web site? I would love to order some cookies from them!!!! God Bless Them!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Mr. McMurray!! 🙂

there is a God, and we are the people, Amen..

• Cactus

#12 isn’t B.G…. no ++ and == in there 😉 Just a troll, answering himself in #13.

#13 August 16, 2012 at 9:07 pm
    Michael Zak

OMG. that’s not me.. that’s got to
    be someone who works for GP.. 🙁

Note to bg from Gateway Pundit Administrator…
    Neither Jim nor I would make a comment like that. I just delete and correct…and ban.

• Davis Middelton

All comments by this impersonator have been removed.

Gateway Pundit Administrator

if i can’t even get a Kira Davis video linked,
    i certainly couldn’t get that whatever it is..

not to mention GP set up automatically
    screens out the simplest of cuss words,
    how couold such a vile link get through??

Comment removed and impersonator banned.

Gateway Pundit Administrator

#13 August 16, 2012 at 9:07 pm
    Michael Zak

btw, you’re not Michael Zak either.. 🙁

[#22 August 16, 2012 at 9:22 pm

not me, but go ahead, have fun morons..

okay GP..

there goes the neighborhood,

the Paulians have taken over..

• Sasja

It’s obvious this site has serious problems which Hoft needs to address.

• Morgan

It’s impossible for Democrats to defend Obama or his horrific record. So we have crude comments about President Reagan’s wife from an idiot who will vote again for the impeachable imposter.

Clean up in aisle #2, Mr. Hoft.

• #27 “bg” HAHAHAHAHAHA. You are pathetic. IT WILL NOT WORK. We are not going anywhere, we will not stand down. R&R 2012 GO>FIGHT>WIN!

Listen everyone… now the jackass is linking whatever ID they steal to a website so the name turns up blue, but if you HOVER over the name FIRST you will see that it is not the REAL person. 😉

• Babsy

#19: I knew it wasn’t you.:-)

all 3 not me..

[#27 August 16, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Nah, Jim is on all this, I am sure of that. I have wondered for a while of the particularly extreme, almost caricature editorial line here, is in fact a way of making Republicans look crazy. I’ve been told some things by people I trust about this and what has happened lately just confirms it.

#30 August 16, 2012 at 9:36 pm

My wife just farted a load of semen out and our dog licked it up. LOL, unreal.

#32 August 16, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Ignore the previous comment, it’s some joker. It wasn’t semen, it was poop, and I ate it not the dog.]

daryl daryl & larry really love me, honest they do, well,
    enough to spite the nose right off their face anyways..

yawn..

• Militant conservative

Comment removed and impersonator banned.

Gateway Pundit Administrator

• Highlander

There must be a class they send all these lefties to. They’re all using the same tactics, and they just happen to be the exact same tactics the Obama campaign is using … they can’t discuss the issues, so they just smear and discredit their opponents.

The people who frequent this blog know who’s who though, and they know most of us would never say any of these vile things, so Mr. Moby really isn’t fooling anyone. What a sad, pathetic existence it must be, spending evenings trolling blogs and impersonating people. I wonder if it pays well?

• Pingback: Virginia Baker Swamped With Business Since Telling Biden “No!” (Video)()

• Highlander

” I’m as dumb as a post

As dumb as they come …

An American fascist”

Yes, Mr. Moby, you are … now go away and grow up.

i’d like to know how their vile link is passing the muster so to speak, i
    mean, GP’s filter cuts off url’s with a s s no spaces for heavens sake..

• SturJen

Dear Troll trying to pretend to be a real human posting on GP:
    what is goatse.com and why do you want us to go there? Is it because your mommy won’t cook your hotpockets the way you like it, or that you dropped hotpocket juice on your wang while jerking off to Nancy Pelosi?

Oh I know, that’s pretty low even for me. Sometimes even I get snarky.

Go to the Crumb and Get it FB site and like them. They do like the support they are receiving. It’s good to see Small Business Owners standing up for what is right and telling Obama to F off.

• chas

what are the odds this place gets vandalized in the next week or so?

• Mitch Rapp

AND, he did this without GOVERNMENT HELP – AID or ASSISTANCE! Obama did not send regulators to his business, Obama did not give him loans but he did not give Obama campaign contributions either.

Obama just got a lesson in “Guerrilla Marketing”

• Fionnagh

bg, I also knew, immediately, that the vile comments were not posted by you.

Babsy #31 August 16, 2012 at 9:38 pm

thanks.. 😉

Fionnagh #42 August 16, 2012 at 11:29 pm

oops, must have been posting at the same time..

thank you, much appreciated..

• River City Grill

My family is the one that owns River City Grill, which is the one that took the Vice President’s offer and we have taken many politicians (both “right” and “left”) and our personal beliefs do not reflect our public beliefs.

Mitch Rapp #41 August 16, 2012 at 11:28 pm

great perspective, thanks..

• Minnie’s not a moocher…michelle is

Right on Right on Right on, as EL Rushbo always says!

• Minnie’s not a moocher…michelle is

Just say Nope to the Dope(r)

• neverends

All I have to say is the loons (left) are so stressed out that they are totally losing it; ergo the nutcase statements that they make. I say, let them keep it up because the more they continue their tirads, the more it makes the conservatives, that even accoring to dem pollster Gallup admit are DOUBLE the loons on the left, adamant about voting in November. (By the way, if you live in the upper midwest, you know that loons are what the locals call the “ducks” (according to the enviros) are birds that can never fly but just flap their wings wildly attempting to fly.

I see November “from my porch”!!! Keep it up, lefty loons!!!

• BS61

I’m relieved that some of the Secret Service is doing better than the WH Gate Crasher days!

• Pingback: Virginia Baker Swamped With Business Since Telling Biden “No!” (Video) | Liberal Whoppers()

• Pingback: » Virginia Baker Swamped With Business Since Telling Biden “No!” (Video)()

• Limousine Barry

Let me be clear, you did not built it! Little business needs 0bamaCare!

Little business needs more taxes and red tape. Little business needs end of life counseling.

I have slapped them in the face and spit in their eye. I still don’t get any respect!

I don’t understand why my campaign is swirling around the bowl of the flusher! Why shouldn’t I just quit; take my campaign funds and move to the Isle of Man!

If you don’t send me $30,000.00 before midnight I will declare my campaign a failure and I take your money and scat. My donors stink like a sewer hole and I stink worse. Good day.

• OpenTheDoor

Brave new world.

O wonder!
    How many goodly creatures are there here!
    How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
    That has such people in’t.

—William Shakespeare

• Zoo9guy

Thank you my good man for standing behind your principles, it would have been very easy to stay quiet and host “Joe the country idiot.” There is nothing wrong with having beliefs and standing behind them, unfortunately evil doesn’t want people to stand up to it and will kick and scream all the way down the drain. I’ll take 600 cupcakes to go!!

• Pingback: Radford business owner declines Joe Biden’s request to stop in store « The Jeenyus Corner()

• Pingback: New Ad Highlights How $87 Billion Obamacare Tax Hurts Small Business (Video) | The Penn Ave Post()

• Pingback: New Ad Highlights How $87 Billion Obamacare Tax Hurts Small Business (Video)|PolitifreakPolitifreak()

• Pingback: Friday Free For All: The Case Against Obama « Nice Deb()

• doc

I don’t like nuts in my donuts either.

• Pingback: Virginia Baker tells Joe Biden No Thank you to selling him Baked Goods()

• Pingback: Update: Secret Service denies thanking baker for rejecting Biden visit « CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL()

• Thucydides

Beer tent guy making a “forced contribution” to the Obama campaign by losing $25K in business due to a campaign stop, other business being boycotted because their business is in a picture used by the Obama campaign, yes, small business will be a hotbed of Dem support this November.

Now we should start posting lists of all business who will refuse to participate in any Dem campaign event (not just Obama; ANY Democrat candidate) to give them the praise and rewards they deserve for standing up for all Americans.

• Nan231

Hey yeah, give us a website so we can order something, can you say MONEYBOMB! Maybe he’ll make enough he can retire and give somone else his job. Let’s vote with our dollars!

• Pingback: Biden-Blocking Baker Thanked by Secret Service « RubinoWorld()

• Pingback: Virginia Baker Swamped With Business Since Telling Biden “No!” (Video) | The Gateway Pundit | jamesbbkk()

• mac

Well done, Mr. McMurray! I am only sorry I am not in Roanoke so I cannot buy some baked goods from you. As I am sure you can see by now, you are most assuredly not alone in your beliefs. Hang in there; November is not far off!

• thomass

It sucks for those secret service guys that bit about them keeps being reported…. Obama had some fantasies about being Lincoln when he cashiered his General in Afghanistan for saying something he didn’t like (vs. actual insubordination… which is refusing to follow orders or policies)… Lincoln had to deal with real actual insubordination btw… Obama just has a glass jaw, a distorted sense of self esteem, and doesn’t know jack about history…

Anyway; if it is true about the secret service people I wish we killed that part of the story to keep them out of trouble. No one can afford to loose a job in our third recovery summer….

• Pingback: New Ad Highlights How $87 Billion Obamacare Tax Hurts Small Business (Video) | FavStocks()

• Revnant Dream

I wonder how long it will take Biden or Obama to run this guy out of business?
    They don’t take these type of actions anyway but personnel. Remember Joe the plumber? Palin.
    I see him invaded by Lawyers with a bevy of tax-men. Every thing he has done in his life opened up like a three bypass patient. It will be interesting to see if this persons livelihood still remains in a year. I give him big points for withstanding the Obama political machine.

• James Smith

Nice work on the troll, AR, keep it up. 😀

• rulierose

yeah, what’s up with the Secret Service thanking the baker for “standing up” and not hosting the VP? I’m no Biden/Obama fan, but that seems a little rude to me.

• Pingback: The Freaks Will Come Out At Night In Tampa – Or Maybe In The Daytime, Too()