Tim Tebow – Born a Preacher

The Tim Tebow Story–

More than 24 years ago, Pam and her husband Bob were serving as missionaries in the Philippines and praying for a fifth child. Pam contracted amoebic dysentery, an infection of the intestine caused by a parasite found in contaminated food or drink. She went into a coma and was treated with strong antibiotics before they discovered she was pregnant. Doctors suggested that she consid…er aborting t…he baby for her own safety and told her that the medicines had caused irreversible damage to her baby. She refused the abortion and cited her Christian faith as the reason for her hope that her son would be born without the devastating disabilities physicians predicted.

While pregnant, Pam nearly lost their baby four times but refused to consider abortion. She recalled making a pledge to God with her husband: If you will give us a son, we’ll name him Timothy and we’ll make him a preacher.

Pam ultimately spent the last two months of her pregnancy in bed and eventually gave birth to a healthy baby boy August 14, 1987. Pam’s youngest son is indeed a preacher. He preaches in prisons, makes hospital visits, and serves with his father’s ministry in the Philippines. He also plays football. Pam’s son is Tim Tebow.

Broncos vs. Patriots
Tonight following the Saints and 49er’s

• GrayRider

John 3:16. Glory be to God.

• Dittogirl

The people are responding to this young man as an example of whats good in this world. Compare him to the thug football players getting in trouble, drunk driving, carrying guns, etc, and he shines of God’s love.

The disdain towards him shows their jealousy and evil heart. Go Tebow! You are the light and the good and a brave young man in the face of the madness that our society has become.

• I’d

Im not even religious and I find him inspiring. I hope the nfl does not change him and Tim stays the course with his life.

• #1AMERICAN

• Babsy

#4: It will be a great game regardless of who wins.

• Gride

I like Tebow but hopefully all this talk about him will end tonight. Getting so sick of hearing about him. Like I said before, all the media is doing(which includes Jim) is building this guy up for a bigger fall. I’ll be very surprised if Tebow isn’t benched at some point next year for someone else. The college style of play may work in the short term because teams are not sure how to prepare for it but soon it will be figured out by defensive coaches…and then what for Tebow?

If Tebow wants to succeed in the NFL he has to learn how to play in the pocket and not run. Running QBs have never won a Super Bow. Steve Young and John Elway were runners early in their careers and didn’t win Super Bowls until they got too old to keep running and stayed in the pocket. But Elway and Young also had something Tebow doesn’t, great passing ability. So, will Tebow ever win a Super Bowl? Most likely not. He is just not a good quarterback.

By the way, I think God likes Tom Brady a little more….he gave him Gisele Bündchen after all.

#5 January 14, 2012 at 2:03 pm
    Babsy commented:

#4: It will be a great game regardless of who wins.

It is being predicted to being one of the most watched games in recent history.

• http://GatewayPundit Cutlers bad Thumb

# 4…ditto…..Tebow is a good kid but I don’t think Denver will be able to overcome the Patriots……….But then again I’ve watched the Pats defense and it’s not that great.

• listingstarboard

Tim Tebow Foundation has helped countless people –much of the money Tebow receives goes directly to sponsoring his “Wish” recipients, not to mention his Orphanage and Hospital in the Philippines. One particular recipient, a young QB from Virginia lost his leg in a freak scrimmage accident. I happened to have seen this young man at a game post accident, standing on the sidelines using a single crutch, his pant leg pinned up, for hours. The young man showed remarkable courage and really touched me. Now I found out that Tebow reached out to him only reinforces how remarkable Tebow really is. Now contrast his use of his personal fortune to Brady–building a megamillion monstrosity in California for his family of 3. Just sayin.

#9 January 14, 2012 at 2:13 pm
    listingstarboard commented:

No wonder many on the hedonistic Left despises Tebow. He’s doing the job they believe belongs solely to government.

Speaking solely for myself I am militantly indifferent to professional sports and most pro athletes. So much money and adulation wasted while the true heroes who make a lasting difference in our lives are ignored.

win or lose, Godspeed to all tonight, hope the
    game is a sit on the edge of your seater.. :-)

you know what would really drive the left into a ditch??

if he were to announce he was a homosexual (imho nothing wrong
    with that, i’m just against them usurping heterosexual marriage)..

#11 January 14, 2012 at 2:33 pm

win or lose, Godspeed to all tonight, hope the
    game is a sit on the edge of your seater.. :-)

Unless I am vastly mistaken, and that is quite possible given my militant indifference to pro sports, there will be one winning team and one losing team. Pro sports is unlike military conflict where both sides can end up losing.

• http://reaganiterepublicanresistance.blogspot.com Reaganite Republican

I am born and raised in Cleveland, and GREATLY enjoyed the Bernie Kosar era of my youth

Nobody we hate worse than Denver, ya know

That said… GOD BLESS YOU TIM

Proud of you, brother

FurryGuy #10 January 14, 2012 at 2:27 pm

well, it may bring little solace to a militant like you, but here ya go..

Troops For Tebow

not to mention this (he also visits veterans hospitals and prisons)..

[Every week, Tebow picks out someone who is suffering, or who is dying, or who is injured. He flies these people and their families to the Broncos game, rents them a car, puts them up in a nice hotel, buys them dinner (usually at a Dave & Buster’s), gets them and their families pregame passes, visits with them just before kickoff (!), gets them 30-yard-line tickets down low, visits with them after the game (sometimes for an hour), has them walk him to his car, and sends them off with a basket of gifts.]

• Obamas regulation destroy jobs

I wonder if he could be one of the two witnesses spoken about in revelations? It says a very simple clue of when Christ’s return will be exactly 3 years and 6 months away – from the beginning of the ministry of the two witnesses.

With Obama’s in office Sodom and Egypt is here NOW: lovers of them selves, idolators, liars, snakes from hell all of them. The me (I) generation. And all those democrats who worship Obama the KING/Queen of LIES. Pure EVIL.

Tebow stands up for Christ and his beliefs finally someone with HONOR, a true believer!

• xkaydet65

We Catholics do not always comprehend Evangelical Protestants like Tim Tebow. But there was one of us who would understand him completely. Teresa of Liseux, who saw the presence of God in the completion of each day’s small labors. She would understand Tim Tebow completely.

#15 January 14, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I do believe you have misunderstood what I was saying, or I was less than adequate in expressing myself. More likely the latter.

I was not, and am not, denigrating what Tebow does, it truly is not the norm, especially for a professional athlete. Sadly too many people come close to outright worship of pro athletes regardless of their lives and behavior outside of the public purview.

On the other hand most of the people who should our heroes have neither the money or public exposure to highlight what they do. They do what they do because they believe it is the right thing to do, fame and fortune is not their main concern.

I take solace in many things, but the ephemeralness of sports, especially pro sports, is not one of those things.

• FU#K OBAMA

I will take Tebow and the points!

• kay

I’ve been watching the build up for this game and I’m praying for TEBOW. Not for the stupid game. I’m praying to God to keep this kid safe – mentally, emotionally, PHYSICALLY, and the guys that are standing in front of him this Saturday at 6pm because it seems a WHOLE LOT of psychic/mental energy is being poured into this game because of TEBOW so I’m putting praying for a ring of protection around him and the men who protect him. God protect TEBOW and the men who stand on that line in front of him – let not one of them be hurt, no toe, no knee, no knuckle, no vertebrae, no shoulder, no spleen, no chest, no rib, no head injury and God give TEBOW and those men the strength to get through the mental energy focused on that game and come out the other side SANE and HEALTHY. Screw the game.

• Pingback: Tim Tebow – Born a Preacher()

FurryGuy #18 January 14, 2012 at 3:33 pm

no problemo, i understand..

feel the same way myself, especially about ‘ACTORS
    & ACTRESSES” PAY.. WTH4?? being idolized?? gah!!

#22 January 14, 2012 at 4:00 pm

I see we are more simpatico on outlook than appeared at first glance. Actors?!? Yeah, riiiight! 😉

Enjoy watching the game, please don’t expect me to do the same, m’ok? :)

• http://title= uropinionisajoke

Is it because the guy has morals, makes donations to good causes, has talent, or has done something unexpected that he is getting all these “hate” postings? Maybe if he had to resort to expressing himself by using profanity in public because he was too ignorant to use other words or using his money to buy drugs some of the SCUM posting all this hate stuff would feel a relation to him and would be pro Tebow! It doesn’t matter to me who wins the game as I don’t follow Football that close. I actually got on line to read about this Tebow guy I’ve been hearing about. I suppose now I understand a little better why our country is going down the drain. There are so many uneducated, self centered, unmoral, and obvious losers out there. Maybe Tebow is one of the few decent people left….win or lose!!!

• Pingback: Tim Tebow – Born a Preacher ::()

FurryGuy #23 January 14, 2012 at 4:05 pm

thanks..

if i can stay awake, i may tune in and check on the score, other than
    that, my enthusiastic football watching days were more or less about
    over way back when my Green Bay Packers won via Vince Lombardy..

😀

• fullerbrenda

noteveryplayerwalked withgodthewayhehas.heissuchaninspirationtoeveryyoungmanwhohasdreamedofbeingthebesttheycanbewhentheyallowgodtoworkthroughthem.iprayheleaveshismarkowneverypersonwhofeltliketheycouldn’taccomplishtheirdream.hewilldotheimpossibleandthatswhenpeoplewilllookbackansayonlyGodcouldhavedoneit.HEREMINDSMEOFDAVIDWHOWENTOUTANDSLAYEDHISGIANTS.PRAISEGODFORHISTESTIMONY.

duh re: #26 January 14, 2012 at 4:13 pm bg

Lombardy = Lombardi

uropinionisajoke #24 January 14, 2012 at 4:05 pm

a light went off while reading your post.. pardon if someone latched onto
    this thought previously, but imho, WHAT TRULY BUGS THEM THE MOST IS
    THE FACT THAT TIM TEBOW DOES NOT PLAY THE ROLE OF A “VICTIM”!!

• Cris Hinton

Praise God for People like Tim Tebow You are truly an inspiration to all, even none believers. Keep up the Good Work and keep praising Our God. We truly need positive in Our Lives!!

• Taqiyyotomist

…and others “getting so sick of hearing about him…”

Gonna be really ill when you hear the trumpets.

The majority of Americans aren’t “sick of hearing about him”. Most of us consider this athlete a breath of fresh air, amid the stenches of gangs, guns, debauchery, and “bling-bling” pride that usually infuse news of our pro athletes.

People “sick of hearing about him” are so because Tebow is a like a mirror: just by living his life the way he does, he shows us all what we could be, and where we fall short.

Christ did that, too, and has the same effect on people. God bless Tim Tebow, and may God’s light continue to shine through him.

• http://www.thelastcivilright.org MikeO

Read this before the game and You’d have to have the soul of a cactus to root against this guy. http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7455943/believing-tim-tebow

• Pingback: Tebow – faith in motion | Clarion Advisory()

• DJB

#4 – “after the PATRIOTS whip his butt tonight…he will have plenty of time to be a minister with his father”

And if he does indeed lose the game, I am sure he will still thank God for his blessings, and then continue to go on with his life and spread those blessings around. I am positive that he recognizes that the overall meaning of his life is far greater than the results of any single football game. Sure, he may be disappointed if he loses, but while you gloat in your self-satisfying schadenfreude, he will quickly rebound and continue being Tim Tebow and continue doing the right things. I’m sure the thought of that must just drive you crazy.

• Dobie

If Tebow wins the athiest will go ballistic

• mcc

Thanks to #32, MikeO, for his post. Here’s a bit from the link that might help those who’re confused about who Tim Tebow is and what he values:

Most NFL players hardly talk to teammates before a game, much less visit with the sick and dying. Isn’t that a huge distraction?

“Just the opposite,” Tebow says. “It’s by far the best thing I do to get myself ready. Here you are, about to play a game that the world says is the most important thing in the world. Win and they praise you. Lose and they crush you. And here I have a chance to talk to the coolest, most courageous people. It puts it all into perspective. The game doesn’t really matter. I mean, I’ll give 100 percent of my heart to win it, but in the end, the thing I most want to do is not win championships or make a lot of money, it’s to invest in people’s lives, to make a difference.”

#34 January 14, 2012 at 4:46 pm
    DJB commented:

Thank you for making a reply and statement with far more grace and much less sarcasm than I was able to do. You said what I wanted to say, and did much better than I could.

#16 January 14, 2012 at 3:17 pm
    Obamas regulation destroy jobs commented:

If hearing more about Tebow is the price I have to pay so I hear less about degenerate selfish athletes, I can’t get enough Tebow!

#26 January 14, 2012 at 4:13 pm

My “hometown” teams are the Seahawks, Super Sonics (yes, I know they have moved to a new city and changed names), and the Mariners.

I come by my militant indifference honestly. 😉

• wanumba

Someone posted this at HOTAIR and links to rightscoop

wonderful!

win or lose, TEBOW prays at both the
    beginning and end of every game.. :-)

FurryGuy #39 January 14, 2012 at 5:37 pm

whatever, i’m a New Yorker, part duck (as in rolls off my back) too.. 😀

Tebow: The man behind the mania

[“When we told Zack (this week), he just screamed, ‘Nooooo waaaay!'”
    says his father, Pat McLeod, who along with his wife, Tammy, work as
    Harvard University chaplains. ” We are hoping Tim will throw him a pass.
    Zack still has great hands.”

One thing is for sure: Tebow will hug McLeod.]

• Andreas K.

Amazing non-story we got here.

Well, it does explain why he’s an insufferable twerp. So his parents made a “deal” with “god” and basically decided what his job should be. Lovely. That’s so 12th century.

It’s kind of amazing how this twerp gets both sides’ panties in a twist, yet he plays in one of the most boring sports ever. The only thing more boring is European football (you know, the one where you actually use the foot to play and don’t carry and throw the ball around with your hands.)

#35 January 14, 2012 at 4:52 pm
    Dobie commented:

If Tebow wins the athiest will go ballistic

As for the “Left” and them “usurping” heterosexual marriage… give me one logic reason why gays shouldn’t marry. Just one.

Oh wait, there is none. There is only ideology. Because a book full of fairy tales says so. No reasonable arguments against it. Sad. Oh, wait, I know… homosexual parents would abuse the kids more, right? I’ve heard that before once or twice. Just funny how all those really bad child abuse cases I’ve seen and heard of in recent years involved hetero couples… strange…

Face it, you have no reasonable argument against gay marriage. And let’s face another thing, what makes any of those against gay marriage think they have a right to tell other people what they’re allowed to do. Oh wait, it’s that retarded book again, right?

Well, I piss on the bible just as much as I piss on the koran.

As for Tebow… play a real sport. Real men play ice-hockey. Little girls play football.

Though, this just shows how desparate the Right wing is these days. This is a story. Wow. And that the new hotshot saint for the “conservative” cause is an enemy of privacy, that isn’t a story. Yep, Santorum is against privacy and contraceptives. Both GOP and Democrats want to control your lives and Tebow’s parents is the story to read.

Yay!

The US is so toast, no matter who wins.

• Restless Legs

I think Tim knows, more than anybody, the reason for the hatred aimed at him:
    “If the world hates you, remember that it hated Me first.” John 15:18

#44 January 14, 2012 at 5:55 pm
    Andreas K. commented:

Such a bitter life, so devoid of even the littlest bit of joy.

As I have expressed earlier I am militantly indifferent to sports, but you seem to be consumed by spite for anything and anyone you disagree with.

Go ahead and mock me to your heart’s desire. Hate and spite seems to be all you have to sustain you. Your opinion of me sure won’t change who and what I am.

#35 January 14, 2012 at 4:52 pm
    Dobie commented:

If Tebow wins the athiest will go ballistic

The game hasn’t even been played yet, and the venomous invective is already being flung about.

Tebow, or even just the mere mention of his name, is apparently Pavlov’s bell for some people.

#44 January 14, 2012 at 5:55 pm
    Andreas K.

re: [As for the “Left” and them “usurping” heterosexual marriage…
    give me one logic reason why gays shouldn’t marry. Just one.]

in a natural vs artificial world..

the mutual creation of a baby..

which albeit not required, is the
    sole reason behind “marriage”..

re: #48 January 14, 2012 at 6:25 pm bg

ps, “marriage” is backed up by science..

re: #48 January 14, 2012 at 6:25 pm bg
    &: #49 January 14, 2012 at 6:27 pm bg

and logic..

• Mitch Rapp

After all the SCUMBAGS in Pro BASEBALL, BASKETBALL and FOOTBALL we finally find a great player that has some class, character, personna and is moral.

Surprise – He does not hang out at the WHITE HOUSE, snort stuff and wear his pant down around his knees.

What is Pro Football coming to? When will he be outlawed, censored and sent off to the wilds?

• wanumba

#44 January 14, 2012 at 5:55 pm
    Andreas K. commented:

Amazing non-story we got here.

::::::::::::::::

Don’t be silly. WHo on this planet would have picked football as a preaching venue? Bet his parents didn’t think of it either. There are more sinners in those stands on in front of those TVs watching than can be counted. Waaaaay more there than inside any churches … combined.
    Astoundingly unexpected God move, His speciality. People think in the box, God made all the boxes and just laughs at us.

What’s sad is how rich Americans are and how little they now give of themselves compared to years ago. On the bright side, there are still many mini-Tebows still giving quietly, sharing with one or two or three here and there, but there could be so many more.

I don’t believe for a second Tebow is what you want to knock him down to be. My kids grew up in Africa, the Third World, most nations they’ve been in poorer than the Philippines. I tell you the truth, they move through the States and are not impressed with or moved at all by the frantic pace, the glitter, the celebrity nonsense and shallowness and from what they’ve seen with their own eyes, they freely want to help other people who need real help, the widows and orphans of the most wretched places. Tebow’s family raised him and his siblings in a different world. They may look All-American Apple Pie, but they aren’t. Do not make the mistake of stereotyping him and them.

They don’t think the same. That’s probably why Tebow’s hard to predict as a player. Our son came out of Africa, picked up a football for the first time ever eager to be “American” as a high school sophomore, and just sacked QBs. He didn’t know what a “play” was and then when he did he learned about three while his teammates had a 100 memorized, but he looked at the field, the starting line of scrimmage and figured it was easier to bolt right through them and jump on the QB than memorize 97 plays. He didn’t know what a “sack” was, until he’d laid out the QB four times and his stunned team told him.

Tebow’s football job allows him the finances to act on the things he really enjoys. If football ends, he’s got so much to do that’s important, doubtful he’ll miss any of the fluffy hyper nonsense that makes up too much of what is a just a sport. THe mania is the media being idiotic, not Tebow.

Does anything Tebow does on the playing field compare to what’s being done every hour in the hospital he supports?

re: #48 January 14, 2012 at 6:25 pm bg
    re: #44 January 14, 2012 at 5:55 pm
    Andreas K.

btw, there you went again, where did i state “Left”??
    and if that wasn’t directed at me, then please inform
    as to whiom it was directed..

thanks..

• DJB

#44 – Andreas – “Amazing non-story we got here. ”

Wow… where to begin…

You start by declaring your disbelief in prayers answered. And your use of the word “twerp” has us all back on our heels. Truly a thought-provoking rebuttal to our position. I am impressed…

Then you quote an earlier poster –
    ==========
    “If Tebow wins the athiest will go ballistic”

Your reply –
    “Nice generalisation twerp. I’m an atheist and I don’t give two chicken sh*ts about football. Watching grass grow is more amazing.”
    ==========
    ….Thus proving his point. You went ballistic before Tebow even won. Oh, the irony… if you could only see it. Wow, sometimes these fish are too easy… (Not to mention stunning us all with the use of the word “twerp” again…)

Ok, we’ll keep going…

===========
    “give me one logic reason why gays shouldn’t marry. Just one.”
    ===========
    OK. Here’s one – They can’t procreat. It is a self defeating lifestyle that cannot be sustained. Nuf said.

Then you get real brave – (while safely inside your Mom’s basement)
    ============
    “Well, I piss on the bible just as much as I piss on the koran”
    ===========
    We Christians will pray for you. The islamists will behead you. Just an observation for you to consider before you whip it out…

Next –
    ================
    “play a real sport. Real men play ice-hockey. Little girls play football.”
    ================
    Did you mean “footsie” there Sport? Just wondering… Anyways, I’m pretty sure that any JV high school football player, (yes, AMERICAN football), could fill you with severe pain with a simple noogie.

And –
    =============
    “And the first person saying I’m soooo jealous of his “success” (in a game that’s only of interest to not even 300 million Americans, while the rest of the world, 6+ billion, doesn’t give a damn) will be mocked mercilessly.”
    =============
    Run away! Run away!
    (Oops – that was “taunting” in the original Monty Python movie… Sorry.)
    BTW – Rest assured – I am TREMBLING! Fear the MOCK!

And finally, how the heck did you manage to link this story to Santorum and contraception?? My goodness man, find your Prozac! NOW!
    Best regards, and a sincere prayer for you,

DJB

#52 January 14, 2012 at 6:37 pm
    wanumba commented:

The media’s squeaky clean kid Tiger Woods proved to be merely human and fallible, so the MFM is eagerly awaiting the downfall of someone who actually lives what they believe in.

• Nahanni

This is truly the reason why the leftists hate him so much. Not his religiousness.

It forces too many of them to think of what the children they aborted might have been. If nothing else it forces them to think about them.

In every living being (animals and insects included) there is an innate instinct not only to procreate but to protect their young until they reach adulthood. Some animals also mourn their dead children-look at this picture and ask yourself why the parent has stayed to guard his or her dead chicks. There is no logical reason to. The leftists work very hard to bury those instincts in order to push their agenda and that wears out the soul and the psyche. Any reminder of what they are doing drives them into a frenzy because it forces them to face what they are doing and despite their protests to the contrary they do not like what they doing deep inside and it makes them angry-angry because they know that what they support is wrong and angry that they can not kill off those feelings. With these people their agendas are much more important then their humanity.

Of course, that applies only to those that still have a soul. There are some (our ‘president’ included) who have succeeded in killing off their souls or did not have a soul in the first place. This makes no different then any mass murderer that has walked the face of the earth-from Stalin and Hitler right down to the likes of John Gacy and Jeffrey Dalmer. All you have to do is look at their eyes and you will see a dead soul resides in them.

• Pingback: Tim Tebow – Born a Preacher | Liberal Whoppers()

• Sasja

Andreas K needs prayer.

• Taqiyyotomist

Anders, you sad, pathetic little man.

Can I call you Anders?

I mean, you did express your adulation for his (Breivik’s) mass-murder in Norway, multiple times, so I figured you wouldn’t mind if I called you that.

I don’t care if you mind. That’s your name now. Anders.

The world will be a much better place (will it not, Anders?) when all the Muslims and Christians and Leftists and Communists can be killed all at once.

Keep coming here, and keep being reminded that you support mass murder.

just tuned in.. 14-0

come on Broncos, even the score!! :-)

#60 January 14, 2012 at 7:55 pm

So which team does Tebow play for?

(Yes, I really don’t follow sports at all, surprise!)

• Taqiyyotomist

Sasja, I’ll just pray for the Christians, Muslims, Jews, Progressives, Communists, Socialists and other people who live around Anders — and I’ll also pray that God never sees fit to allow Anders to acquire an automatic firearm of any sort, and that physics will somehow conspire against him so that he can, for some strange reason ,never quite get that match lit.

Because we may have the next Breivik posting comments at GP.

Hey Anders: nutty as squirrel dung and pure evil ain’t no way to go through life, son.

Get yourself some Christ and learn the concept of Love. Or not. If you don’t, Breivik’s future is yours, mark my words.

FurryGuy #61 January 14, 2012 at 7:56 pm

😆 .. the Broncos, but hey, don’t feel bad, i
    wasn’t all that sure until yesterday myself..

lived in MA for a dozen years, and
    knew Brady was the Patriots QB..

• Taqiyyotomist

FurryGuy, LOL, me neither.

Tebow = Broncos quarterback.

I used to think I knew something about football playing Madden games on the first iteration of the Sony Playstation, and I would recommend those games even today to anyone who yearns to be able to watch a game with the guys and not come off as a total newbie.

Like High School mathematics, I forgot every bit of it from disuse.

I grew to believe that pro sports in America is just a part of the Great Distraction, while our elected leaders bring us intentionally toward the next Great Leap Forward and Holodomor and more..

…but Mr. Tebow has got me to think that maybe I need to not only watch more football (particularly more Broncos football), but that I need to be a whole hell of a lot less selfish in my life, and that I need to balls-up and give public glory to God wherever I am, and whomever I am surrounded by.

#63 January 14, 2012 at 8:01 pm

I never feel bad about my willful ignorance about professional sports. I am silently amused at the people who can’t understand anyone not knowing about sports, let alone actively not caring a whit. 😉

• Taqiyyotomist

bg Until yesterday??!

LOL And I thought I was a football outsider.

• FurryGuy

Ok, so Tebow plays for the Broncos.

Now which city/area hosts the Broncos? New England?

• Sasja

Taqiy, you do that and I’ll pray for Andreas. I refuse to believe he’s a lost soul.

• Militant Conservative

Does not matter the situation or the prayer.

Obama could not deliver nor could he ever.

Obama is the anti Christ, if I were tebow I

Would never accept anything from him.

Obama is poison fruit, a sign to all avoid.

• Taqiyyotomist

FurryGuy

I am the same way about movies and television. Don’t go, don’t own one.

People are surprised and genuinely perplexed when I haven’t seen “that commercial” or “that show” or “that movie”.

And I mean REALLY surprised, like I just announced that I’d never seen snow.

We are like aliens to the pop-culture-absorbing majority, I’ve come to see.

oh crippy!! should never have changed the channel, on the
    commercial, just got back in time to see 15 go down.. gah!!

#66 January 14, 2012 at 8:09 pm
    Taqiyyotomist

yeah i know, pathetic.. 😀

• Taqiyyotomist

#68 sasja

Humble me some more, why don’t you?

I have to agree, and will also pray for Andreas’ “Saul of Tarsus” moment.

#70 January 14, 2012 at 8:13 pm
    Taqiyyotomist

i have “basic cable” for reception, mostly home shoping,
    info-merical channels, but hey i got the ball game.. :-)

ooh wow, kids reciting John 3:16 from the Bible..

that was the commercial.. how 8) is that!! :-)

• Taqiyyotomist

bg #74

That IS cool! What was the commercial for?

#70 January 14, 2012 at 8:13 pm
    Taqiyyotomist commented:

Have a TV, a brand new 42″ LCD at that.

But I watch a lot of DVDs (old TV shows or classic movies), the latest fad in pop culture? PAH!

DVDs are a joy when one is service connected disabled, for sure.

#75 January 14, 2012 at 8:24 pm
    Taqiyyotomist commented:

bg #74

That IS cool! What was the commercial for?

Our gracious host has a post about it.

Sure to make a lot of Leftist/Progressive head go all ‘splodey, having a commercial like that.

#67 January 14, 2012 at 8:11 pm
    FurryGuy

DENVER = Broncos

NEW ENGLAND Patriots..

i like both teams.. so whover wins i won’t be disappointed, was
    just hoping for the game to be a seat hanger so to speak.. 😉

#75 January 14, 2012 at 8:24 pm
    Taqiyyotomist

like i said,

that WAS the commercial..

• Taqiyyotomist

bg

I saw it, thank you. I am in awe.

Think how many millions of people just saw that, and tremble.

#79 January 14, 2012 at 8:39 pm
    Taqiyyotomist

you mean get a chill up their spine, no?? :-)

testing 123..

• Harrington

to xkaydet65: “Teresa of Liseux, who saw the presence of God in the completion of each day’s small labors. She would understand Tim Tebow completely.”

Maybe she would…if Tebow actually had a few more completions.

And if God actually existed, I imagine he’d find a better QB to supposedly support.

Faith in someone greater seems to help when we are lonely, sad, happy, in need or in sorrow. Faith brings you hope for a better tomorrow. Even the small things we pray or thank God.

I hope in a time when I feel my hope is lost and I feel complete sadness God will raise out His hand to me. I personally don’t know how the Tebow family made it through but they did and God raise out his hand, because that has to be what happen because there is no stronger love.

• http://title= uropinionisajoke

In response to #44 Andreas or something I believe. You amaze me. You are proud to profess to be an athiest, but fail to mention your most prevailing attribute. You are more of a hypocrit than anything else. You live in a country that was built upon religous beliefs and the majority of the people whom live here believe in God; nevertheless, you continue to live here….you are amazing! Did it ever occur to your “scientific” mind that hey–of all the World this “In God We Trust” country is the most powerful and richest on earth? Not to mention more people immigrate here than any other country. Do the math since you are such a scientist. Stop being a hypocrit and practice what you preach-be a real man or woman—that is if you believe men and women exist—and leave. Go where nobody believes in anything—maybe under a rock. Did it ever occur to your highness that there is something yet greater than you? At what age did the event in your life lead you to the conclusion there is no God? There will be trials and tribulations–read the Bible.
    As for men and men or women and women marrying..hahahaaha. Where does it say that??? Oh my, and you quote science..again HA. Look outside genious…how many male birds share a nest or build one together?
    I quit here. I’ve never taken the time to respond to foolish comments. You should feel special.
    Have a wonderful “I don’t believe in anything and don’t understand basic science” life cause hell is waitin for ya.

• el polacko

matthew 6:6 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray… that they may be seen of men… But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret.

#85 January 15, 2012 at 1:32 am
    el polacko

been there, done that, yawn..

there is a God..

He Blessed US with Tim Tebow..

not a game called football, duh..

• Pingback: Tebowmania Silenced by Pariots and Tom “Terrific” Bardy’s Recording Setting Six TD Perforamance, 45-10 … However, It Does Not Stop Tebowmania | Scared Monkeys()

• wanumba

#64 January 14, 2012 at 8:07 pm
    Taqiyyotomist commented:

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Not really with the football. Too much of anything is too much and not good. It’s just a ball game on grass … with a lot of bells and whistles, running around and getting sweaty and dirty and bruised. It’s got its good points and usually it’s a healthy distraction, but even Paul counseled his companions not to overload on entertainment … the purpose is to spread the Good News. God makes his servants for specific purposes. Because of the intense media on football, Tebow is actually reaching a vast audience that never goes to church, and another vast audience that goes to church, but rushes home for the games… more prep time on the games munchies supplies than prep for church. Good for Tebow. Think that’s the ONLY place to find sinners?

How about all those people now who have questions to ask a CHristian and no CHristians around to ask? And they have questions, and the questions are serious ones and there’s a lot of false teaching out there to lead them astray. Are you ready in the middle of doing something mundane and usual and not very interesting and your co-worker says, “What does it mean, “God in three persons? If we are predestined, what does it matter what I do? What is free choice?” WHy does God let good people die? Do you have the true answers ready? Do you understand it well so you can counsel correctly? There is a huge hunger out there, the purpose of life, the inevidability of death are on EVERYONE’s minds, not matter what they say.

The idea is to take the enthusiasm Tebow has for God and life and apply it to what YOU do, in the manner God has blessed you to do, with your position where you are, with your talents. But number one act is to renew your relationship with Christ to be able to do all that … the personal conversations, not the rote prayers. Do YOU listen to someone who is reciting a memorized script or do you listen to someone who is asking you a specific question? Think God is listening much to blah blah-blah-in-Jesus-name-amen, as if “Jesus” is a label to stick on rather than an actual person, with an active intellect? Would you?
    God actually said He’s isn’t listening “DO not be like the pagans who think by their many words I will hear them.”

Read King Davids prayer: It’s detailed, it’s personal, it’s what was on his mind at the time.
    2 Samuel 7:18, then consider it with Jesus’ advice on how we should pray: praise, petition for forgivennes, petition for what we need, acknowledgement of God’s sovereignty, praise and thanksgiving.

Andreas K is living in atheist central: Europe. The nilism is pervasive, there is little support for anyone seeking. The US has its shallow problems, but it still has fertile ground for spirituality that Europeans are suspicious of, so it’s hard to be a believer there without getting dumped on. If Andreas is seeking even if he grumbles no he’s not, he’s not blind and deaf and dumb to the attitudes of the people (friends, family) who would turn toxic on him in a hurry. Just sayin’ Once a person turns to God, all those problems aren’t important, God is so good.

• Taqiyyotomist

Thanks, wanumba.

• joe

Tim Tebow is a true child of God.
    Gride made reference above, ” I think God likes Tom Brady a little more….he gave him Gisele Bündchen after all”. The only thing Gisele has is superficial. There is so much more to a beautiful person than what they look like on the outside.
    I don’t think God had anything to do with that because Brady left his then girlfriend, Bridget Monahan pregnant with his child, for Gisele.
    IMHO that is not a God fearing person, but one who is thoughtless and unkind, nothing like Tim Tebow. You can’t compare the two.