NBC – National Journal GOP Debate in Tampa, Florida …Update: ZZzzzzzz

The Republican candidates are holding another debate tonight with NBC, National Journal and the Tampa Bay Times – three liberal news organizations.

Yes, Brian Williams is moderating the debate. The same Brian Williams who bowed to Obama.

Mitt Romney is on the attack in Tampa. He’s going after Newt hard.

Newt does a great job correcting the record on the bogus ethics charges against him in the 1990’s.

They shut down the audience. This is horrible.
Taking the crowd out of the debate handicaps Newt. It’s not fair.

Great. Now we now have a lib reporter from National Journal asking questions.
She’s asking questions important to libs but that have nothing to do with fixing the broken economy.

What a boring debate. The crowd is completely out of it.

UPDATE: That was awful. Worst debate of the season.

As Melissa Clouthier tweeted: No applause helps Mitt. It’s like enthusiasm communism. When we all have excitement none have excitement. That’s this debate. A dispirited bunch of salesmen who get the same whether they sell their wares or not.

• Multitude

What a dreadful opening for Romney. “Not leadership material.”

Mitt, there’s no way in the world I can vote for a whiny rich boy who’s upset that daddy’s money isn’t buying the American people.

We already have a poseur in the White House who blames everyone else for his failures.

• Oh Noes!

N-E-W-T

• Highlander

The circular firing squad is back in session. When are these clowns going to quit wasting their time destroying each other, and start explaining how they plan to destroy the REAL enemy?

• Spider

Don’t like the way this debate started. Williams supplying talking points for Romney to attack Newt.

Newt trying to steer the thing back to some issues, Bri not budging.

Newt seems a little lower key, hope he’s just saving his energy.

• Amjean

Go Newt!!!!!! Close out Romney for good! No more rinos!!!!

• TorchesToRome

If NEWT wins the nomination I don’t want to here another damn republican talk about family values ever again! Yes the republican party isn’t called the stupid party for nothing.

• Multitude

“I’m not going to give ten years. I’m going to give the past two years tax returns. That will satisfy the American people.”

It’s this imperial attitude of the elite “know it all” country clubbers that has given so many of us Mitt allergies.

• Multitude

TorchesToRome: Why do you believe we have to have an all-too-powerful Federal government micromanaging “family values” in the first place? Is your family disfunctional to the point that we should have Federal officials worrying about you? If it’s that bad, can’t your county take care of your problems?

I just don’t get these conservatives that want a totalitarian social values national government, which of course requires an extremely liberal fiscal policy to pay for all that micromanaging of everyone’s lives. If you’re so screwed up, kindly take care of yourself on your dime or ask a local charity.

• Spider

Worst debate yet.

How are they going to spin this into anything meaningful.

• FurryGuy

I just tuned in to the debate, and I can honestly say that I have no intention of voting for a Republican Gore (Romney) if I have any other recourse.

Newt is showing all the spirit and fire that made Churchill a great and flawed leader.

• Blacque Jacques Shellacque

[…]

Yes, Brian Williams is moderating the debate.

See what I mean?

The Stupid Party is hell-bent on proving this label to be absolutely, positively, 100% accurate.

• Spider

Congratulations, NBC. You are presiding over a stinker.

Florida, do your homework on these candidates and do the right thing next Tuesday.

• Multitude

What a trainwreck Mitt’s caused. I understand he wants to show that he can get feisty too, but taking a crap on the executive boardroom table isn’t quite what we were looking for.

Never seen a debate have to go to break because one of the candidates stunk it up that bad. Looks like we’re getting four more years of Obummer since Mitt’s determined to blow it all up if he can’t have what daddy promised.

• C

Romney is doing a teensy bit better than he usually does.

• Fionnagh

Egregiously boring. B-o-r-i-n-g. Except for the fact that Romney is looking more and more like an a$$, the more he pushes against Newt. It’s as if R. was provided with talking points and keeps going round and round in circles, to no avail – it’s like an imaginary teleprompter got stuck in a an old-fashioned LP groove. The moderator is AWFUL for letting this continue.

#11 January 23, 2012 at 8:31 pm
    Blacque Jacques Shellacque commented:

Hard to be stupid when the only avenues of broadcast are one left-leaning moderate network (Fox News) and the rest all far-left. The best you can do is play the cards you are dealt and make do.

Seriously, what other ways can a debate be reported to the voting public? As an internet exclusive? Yeah, like the dinosaur media wouldn’t find ways to sneeringly smear Republicans for that?

• Molon Labe

Romney is conducting himself in a fashion that demonstrates he is not a responsible leader. He is unfit to be president. This debate is a complete joke.

• Bonanza driver

#7 Mitt was a very successful businessman. I guess that is out of step with the new Republican party. Many would rather swoon over Gingrich as he left office in 1998 and hung around Washington selling himself for the last thirteen years. Did ya think the Mitt releasing returns just provides cannon fodder for the media…Maybe, just maybe that is why he has been reluctant. Funny how hypocrits will criticize a successful businessman for making money and yet cheer Tom Brady or Peyton Manning who pull in 100 million dollar contracts…Envy does not belong in the Republican party!

• TorchesToRome

Multitude you are a complete dumbass. Nothing you wrote even pertains to me. Thank you for proving my point that yes the republican party is the stupid party. I’m not even on your side politically.

• Fionnagh

Geez….the audience is SO quiet it’s creeping me out. NO applause for ANY candidate, not once.

• Sasja

I guess all those attack ads and phone calls haven’t worked for Mittens so he’s trying it out in the debate. He has been trailing Newt in the polls so far. I’m not listening to it, just reading what’s posted here.

• Molon Labe

Torches:

You’re right about Multi. He’s a cocktail party member for sure. If he doesn’t understand why people resent Washington dictating how much water our toilets can use; what kind of lightbulbs we can buy; or why religious groups shouldn’t have to fund abortions than he clearly is a follower of the Dear Leader.

• Multitude

Bonanaz, actually Mitt rode on the bus with some other successful businesspersons driving. Money and influence can buy one a good seat. Occasionally startups and transformations will have children of elites like Mitt on the org chart due to their role in either watching the money, or as reciprocity for the invested funds (e.g. putting someone’s kid to work). I worked for a firm in the late 90s that had some foreign nationals from the Middle East who sat in large offices with senior VP titles but did nothing other than their own personal business. Mitt fits the mold.

None of his language shows actual “executive decisioning” experience; probably board-level participation due to his relationship to money would be the extent of what I’d expect.

• Molon Labe

Romney shouldn’t be attacked because of how he earned his money. He should be attacked on his record as gov. Failed gov that is.

#22 January 23, 2012 at 8:43 pm
    Sasja commented:

So far it hasn’t been a combustible high intensity affair. Almost makes watching drying paint more exciting.

• Bill Mitchell

newt is down 4 points on Intrade since this started. Kinda meh I guess. I just don’t see how all this fighting about lobbying and taxes is going to solve any problems?

Romney takes it to Gingrich??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Romney hasn’t got a clue..

it’s really sad listening to him self destruct.. :-(

December 07, 2011

Newt Was Found Innocent Nearly 13 Years
    Ago – Networks Have Yet To Report It

December 08, 2011

Anderson Cooper Buries Gingrich’s Vindication
    of Charges by IRS at End of Critical Story

more here..

• Fionnagh

You know, I REALLY don’t like Santorum but right now he’s speaking REALLY well on the threat of Islam and specifically Iran.

• StrangernFiction

Are we going to talk about Obamneycare?

#25 January 23, 2012 at 8:45 pm
    Molon Labe commented:

Romney shouldn’t be attacked because of how he earned his money.

I have to disagree on this. If he benefited from cronyism or lapses of ethics then how he earned his money is worthy of attack. Legal doesn’t necessarily mean it was ethical.

Going to give Immelt a “free pass” because his cronyism while the CEO of GE was legal?

• StrangernFiction

Legal doesn’t necessarily mean it was ethical.

Diddling a staff……er using a cigar on a staffer in the White House is legal.

• LIndensant

Why do these candidates agree to these debates??? I’m not wasting any more of my time watching this.

• http://www.edmartinforcongress.com Tom63010

My Charter TV guide has that Fear Factor is on. I didn’t turn the TV on NBC for that I assure you. Does anybody know if this is going to replayed later tonight?

#27 January 23, 2012 at 8:49 pm
    Bill Mitchell commented:

An internet popularity contest isn’t going to influence who I deem worthy of support based on their policies and political philosophy.

If I really cared about what Intrade has to say I’d be just as obsessive about polls. And I can assure you I ain’t one whit interested in pre-election polls.

doesn’t anyone see how the heavy Newt Fannie & Freddie rap
    on Gingrich is lighting the load of where the blame belonds??

what is wrong with US..

it’s all Bush’s fault, no, now it’s all Gingrich’s fault..

God forgive me, but i ehat LIARS, and Newt
    is a truth teller on that stage tonight, gah!!

• lizzy84

Come on.. when are we going to get to oBama– Fast n Furious– Solyndra and to Romneycare–abortions are still allowed under that law, and the state is involved in funding those.

• Sasja

What is meant by “They shut down the audience.”

#32 January 23, 2012 at 8:55 pm
    StrangernFiction commented:

Political lack of ethics is just as contemptible as those that occur in business. But why bring up Clinton’s record in an apparent defense of Romney? I don’t see the connection at all.

• gus

Defense of Romney?? What is Romney accused of Furry you pathetic imbecile??

• Multitude

I’m no Santorum fan but this time allocation is absolutely imbalanced and screwing him over.

Fionnagh #29 January 23, 2012 at 8:50 pm

albeit i agree, he still strikes me as a whiny “why me” victim vs a bold fact teller so to speak, actually, reminds me too much of Huckrybabee..

although he is #2 on my list, i think Romney is #1 on his.. 😛

• StrangernFiction

Come on.. when are we going to get to oBama– Fast n Furious–

Has this EVER been asked about in a debate?

Sasja #38 January 23, 2012 at 9:02 pm

no “applaud” signs?? 😉

• Fionnagh

Romney is now pandering to Floridians rather than answering the question. However, the question was stupid in the first place – the sugar industry. Do we care? Do Floridians care?

• StrangernFiction

Wasn’t defending Romney. I can’t stand him. Sorry for the confusion.

• Pingback: NBC – National Journal GOP Debate in Tampa Florida()

• Fionnagh

#41 agree. Paul and Santorum may not be “front runners” so are not being given the same amount of show time, but I am actually surprised at how well each are speaking — when they’re given half a chance. Neither has “flubbed” once yet.

Going back about thirty minutes in the debate, I did enjoy the reparte (?sp) between Paul and Gingrich over foreign policy. Paul also stated unequivocally he would not run in a third party. I wonder what sort of cabinet deal may be in the offing? Anyone else pick up on that?

#40 January 23, 2012 at 9:05 pm
    gus commented:

For one there is increasing evidence that Romney’s business dealings are littered with more than just a simple and momentary lack of ethics. For instance, his off-shore accounts.

Can you at least try to have a difference of opinion with someone without resorting to immature name calling? Are you that thin skinned that having someone take umbrage to your perceived lack of decorum in another thread offends you so deeply?

#46 January 23, 2012 at 9:13 pm
    StrangernFiction commented:

Wasn’t defending Romney. I can’t stand him. Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you for clearing that up. It was a real head scratching moment there with your “seegar defense”. 😉 It was like talking about blueberry pancakes and someone opined how delicious a glass of orange juice tastes.

• Sasja

There is nothing illegal about having off-shore accounts. Mittens has said he has paid taxes on that money. Quite frankly, I don’t really give a you-know-what about his money. I care about what his plans are for our country if elected president. All this other stuff is a deliberate attempt to divert our attention from the important matters at hand.

• http://www.edmartinforcongress.com Tom63010

Newt Gingrich not only answers the question he gives history lessons. Ones that those of us that have lived a half century or more lived through!

lizzy84 #37 January 23, 2012 at 9:02 pm

StrangernFiction #43 January 23, 2012 at 9:10 pm

these “debates” have been a joke from the get go (well except for the
    Cain-Gingrich Lincoln Douglas and the sit round the table debate with
    Charlie Rose), and no to your questions, but i’m certain given a chance
    Newt would make sure those and many more about corrupted politicians
    & MSM were asked..

• http://www.edmartinforcongress.com Tom63010

Mittens talking about Conservatism, that is like me talking about nuclear physics.

• StrangernFiction

This “I worked in the private sector” argument is so ridiculous. So does Jeffrey Immelt, George Soros………. And what did you do in the public sector Mitt? Oh yes, you passed the forerunner of Obamacare.

• http://www.edmartinforcongress.com Tom63010

Santorum took the bait, won’t help him going after Mitt and Newt.

#51 January 23, 2012 at 9:26 pm
    Sasja commented:

If he was unethical in his business dealings, that very much puts into a different light any of this political policies. Unethical in business could mean he would be just as unethical in office. Unethical in business puts into question his integrity of what he plans to do if elected. So far his political philosophy does little to give me inspiration he would be anything different than more of the same we have now.

As always the choices we are being given now as voters are less than ideal.

re: #53 January 23, 2012 at 9:31 pm bg

given a chance Newt would

• Fionnagh

#56 You beat me to it. Santorum has been unleashed. Not good. Rather than speak about his own accomplishments as a conservative, he’s attacking two others on the stage.

• Spider

Santorum is making the most of his limited time.

He just finished what should have been a huge applause line….. dead silence….

The MSM is feeling an interactive audience helps the candidates, can’t have that.

• Fionnagh

Paul just hit a home run in defining “conservatism.” Lukewarm applause. Pathetic – Paul deserved much more. What is holding this audience back?

• http://www.edmartinforcongress.com Tom63010

Ted Kennedy had to take out a mortgage on his house to beat Romney. LMAO! The Kennedy’s could buy the Romneys and give them away!

• StrangernFiction

THEE STORY IN THIS RACE IS THAT MITT ROMNEY STANDS BY ROMNEYCARE!

wow, he’s damn good at telling the truth & beyond..

GING O NEWT!!

• Newt

I am an outsider even though I live in Washington DC and have been there since 1978. I went to DC with no money and now I’m a millionaire.

We don’t need another political hack. This one has ethical issues a mile long too. No we don’t need a homewrecker like Callista as first lady.

• Duke C

It seems that Brian Williams has carefully crafted questions that will not allow Newt to smackdown either Brian or the Media. It has been boring so far, but Newt may come through in some way.

• bigL

isn’t NBC going to host that ratings-abyss of a superbowl. hahahaha.Losers. New England and NY!
    Outa-sight/outa mind for most of the USA. The figures released will be lies.

#53 January 23, 2012 at 9:31 pm

In some respect I half-heartedly wish we would go back to the early days of the Republic when a candidate expressly refused to campaign. All electioneering, primary and general elections, was done by political operatives.

If nothing else there would be no main-stream media loudly declaiming their objectivity as they prostitute a blatantly partisan political agenda. Media outlets would be proud to show their bias.

• maraz
  • http://www.edmartinforcongress.com Tom63010

Romney with his “I was in the private sector” is starting to sound like John Kerry’s “I was in Vietnam”.

• Bg’s Brain

I’m on vacation.

• Sasja

#1 Multitude. I am not a Mittens fan, but in all fairness, I must tell you that he gave his inheritance away.

• owl

I asked all those early primaries in ’08 to please don’t make me vote for McCain.

I now ask them to please don’t make me vote for Santorum or crazy Paul. Newt is suppose to be the mean ole man. Nope. I give that one to Santorum. Something about the way he does it makes my skin crawl. He can not win. Look at the difference in how Newt and Santorum answered the question about Terry S.

• Fionnagh

I can’t believe I had a chance to make fifty dollars in overtime if I had stayed at work, but instead hurried home to watch the debate. Wasn’t worth the fifty bucks. Wasn’t worth two cents, frankly.

• http://www.edmartinforcongress.com Tom63010

Me thinks more than cruise ship in the Mediterranean Sea has sprung a leak! The SS Mittens has sprung a leak!

• Missy8s

Note to candidates…

Please do not bother with MSM hosted debates anymore, it is beneath your dignity to do so.

• Ausonius

Whoever said the republican party cannot preach about family values if they take Newt is correct to an extent, at least the one’s voting for him. The adoption of bill clinton morality is significant. There will be no moral authority to take that position. But, I predict there are a significant number who will not vote for Newt because his past conduct is utterly offensive to them.
    There will be many winers out here that will blame them. Blame yourselves. If you don’t realize the number of value voters there are, then you haven’t been paying attention. If your selection doesn’t consider the rest of the party, then you get what you get, perhaps 4 more years of O.
    Surely some of you have some deal-breaking issues right? Ok, obviously it is not versions of socialized medicine (individual mandate), versions of amnesty, global warming, as both Mitt and Newt support (or did until recently) these issues.
    Exactly what, other than recent public declarations, make any of you not label Newt as a Rino?
    Santorum is it, whether you like his vests or not.

#72 January 23, 2012 at 9:43 pm
    Sasja commented:

Very illuminating how the Democrat Modus Operandi of lies and untruths is now a well-entrenched part of the GOP campaign play book used against fellow Republicans, a trap waiting to catch the unawares.

Politics in the early days of the Republic may have been just as bad with the muck-racking and mudslinging, but at least candidates then didn’t indiscriminately blast away with friendly fire as happens now.

• Toddski

IT’S AMAZING TO ME HOW MANY LEFTISTS ARE COMMENTING HERE……….ROMNEY DID EXCELLENT TONIGHT …….THE CANDIDATE THE MARXIST FEAR MOST……

• Karen

I really enjoyed this debate. Heard more substance from all the candidates instead of getting back at the media. Attacked Obama’s record. All 3 were strong. I do not know what you all watched, but I found this debate very informative.

#77 January 23, 2012 at 9:48 pm
    Missy8s commented:

Note to candidates…

Then the GOP will NEVER have a national venue in which to convey their ideas and ideals ever again. We might as well give the Democrats sole political control since they would be the beneficiaries of such short-sighted petulance on the part of the GOP.

What is the old saying, if life gives you nothing but lemons make lemonade? Dealing with a hyper-partisan and biased media is the only game in town.

• Sasja

Well, I must say, people just aren’t creative anymore, I guess. Had I, and my friends been in the audience, we would have been giving signals to our favored one to show our support.

• Fionnagh

#81. All FOUR were strong. Unless, of course, you did not include Romney in your count of merely three.

• Narn

Brian Williams told the crowd they could not clap or applaud until the debate was over. That’s why it’s so boring. Only NBC would come up with that crap.

#83 January 23, 2012 at 9:56 pm
    Sasja commented:

More than likely this was audience was very much a hand-picked crowd, just like those supposedly spontaneous crowds at Teh Won’s pressers. NBC and the National Journal saw what letting the rabble show up did for the last debate, and that would have given the totally wrong impression the MFM is working so hard at crafting.

#85 January 23, 2012 at 10:01 pm
    Narn commented:

Can’t let the Proles forget who’s in charge.

• http://none tommy mc donnell

“three liberal news organization.” shows the suicidial tendencies of the RNC. by the time these debates are over there won’t be a republican left standing.

• Proud Paulbot

Romney’s answer to why he is the best conservative leader for the part was PATHETIC.
    Ron Paul was SPOT ON.
    Anyone notice Newt blowing kisses to Ron Paul all night?

• lizzy84

Switching channels during commercials:Fred Thompson endorsed Newt ..on Hannity.

• Pingback: NBC – National Journal GOP Debate in Tampa Florida | The … | ENA news()

Toddski #80 January 23, 2012 at 9:52 pm

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

#89 January 23, 2012 at 10:04 pm
    Proud Paulbot commented:

Anyone notice Newt blowing kisses to Ron Paul all night?

No, must have only been in your dreams.

Not surprised you would find your false Messiah to be spot on. He could have drooled and soiled himself up on stage and you would have been in ecstasy at his magnificent performance.

He did sound like he was back on his meds again for a change. Maybe his handlers force fed him the pills.

#89 January 23, 2012 at 10:04 pm
    Proud Paulbot

Ron Paul the spot on ding dong!!

rotf 😆 mbo!!

• StrangernFiction

I would have been jackbooted out of there for sure. LOL.

• gus

I’m not a fan of either Romney or Gingrich, and I WILL vote for which ever on is nominated, but FURRY GUY has a boner, for Gingrich, and it is quite entertaining.

• Darleen

Newt, even though husband and I like him, has turned us off too many times in the past. Our support still is with Romney. That of course can change, as we do not vote until sometime in May here in Ohio.

#96 January 23, 2012 at 10:11 pm
    gus commented:

You couldn’t be more wrong.

EPIC FAIL, nice try, thanks for playing, enjoy our lovely parting gifts.

• floridahank

15 Round Heavy weight fight results: Newt won 7 rounds, Santorum 4 rounds, Romney 3 rounds, Paul 1 round

• Proud Paulbot

FurryGuy,

I don’t consider Ron Paul a messiah. He is, however, the only candidate on that state who would give THE PEOPLE their country back!

I support his ideas 110% because I love liberty. I will never apologize for that.

• Darleen

Sorry, that would be March. Gotta quit playing Farmville and typing here at the same time

• gus

Oh look Furry Pants is getting upset. Did Newt reject you Furry pants?

#100 January 23, 2012 at 10:14 pm
    Proud Paulbot commented:

And with that assertion have I to most assuredly disagree. His oft and previously stated ideas and policies would not have the desired effect with many not even remotely possible of being achieved. The populist tripe he espouses is nothing new as you believe it to be.

• Ausonius

Yeah, not fair.
    For all of you still excited about Newt’s debate skills, the general election will be much the same. Debating is likely not to have a great deal of influence.
    Then you’re stuck with a candidate who has a double digit negative opinion rate, coupled with extremely high name recognition. That means the majority of America know Newt, and many more have a negative opinion of him than those who have a positive one.
    And then there is the litany of things to go after him about, something of every flavor guaranteed to turn off people on the right and the middle.

But good luck with that.

lizzy84 #90 January 23, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Fred Thompson Endorses Newt Gingrich

[Thompson said Newt is “not afraid, he’s tough,” and added that
    his federal experience gives him a unique advantage of reforming
    Washington.

The former Tennessee Senator added that the country is in a “colossal
    mess” and that the current political situation suggests that “normal
    rules don’t apply.”]

thanks for the tip..

Gingrich: I’m Going to Make Wash. Uncomfortable

#102 January 23, 2012 at 10:17 pm
    gus commented:

I disagree with you, try to inform you of the facts, and you see that as an unfounded indication of being upset? Ok. whatever.

sorry gus..

but it seems more like you
    have a boner for Furry.. 😯

#102 January 23, 2012 at 10:17 pm
    gus commented:

Bite your tongue! Are you accusing me of swinging “that way”?!? 😉

• WillofLa

If you will see that this is how liberals, Socialists consider politic’s. It’s government without allowing the people to participate freely. Liberals hate to hell people being free to clap when they want to because it reminds them of what Freedom really is, and that is people being able to show how conservatism and the government being Constitutional strikes a deep chord in the human heart. You know it’s the truth when you hear it, and visa versa from liberals, you know crap when you hear it, you know when your rights, freedoms and liberties are being taken away from you as well.

Tomorrow night when Obama stands before the TV camera’s don’t forget everybody, make you signs that you will tape above the TV screen that reads, “This man is lying!” so that everything you hear you will be reminded that of how much Obama lies. Do you know when Obama is lying? No, no, not when his mouth is moving which is true but not what I was going to say. Do you know what lies Obama is telling? Whenever he tells us what he is going to do for us, reverse what he is saying and that is what he is going to do TO us. Whatever Obama says, just reverse it and that’s the truth. Whenever he says what’s wrong with the economy and how he’s going to fix it? Just reverse it and that is how much more money Obama is going to take from us, and the economy will still be busted and getting worse. Oh, but see, it’s all the fault of the Republican’s because they won’t give him a few trillion more dollars to finish flushing us down the toilet.

Four more years and we’ll be finished as a country. Four more years and we’ll be finished as a people. America will be a bankrupt nation of people who’ll be wandering around like Haitian’s who won’t bother to pick up a board and put a shelter over our heads to keep the rain off of us.

• Pingback: Florida Republican Debate Losers: Mitt Romney and NBC News » American Glob()

#108 January 23, 2012 at 10:30 pm
    FurryGuy commented:

Ooops! That was meant for:

#107 January 23, 2012 at 10:26 pm

*sigh* Mea Culpa, and all that jazz. On the other hand it would be hard to cheese off the troll any more than they already are…

• gus

Yes, I apologize. You aren’t that type.

• Mad Hatter

Why do I have a feeling that NBC, or a Rep from NBC instructed the crowd before the cameras came on not to applaud, due to, ‘slowing down the debate’. In reality, they don’t want the momentum to continue with Newt.

• Mad Hatter

I didn’t watch the debate since MSDNC is the propaganda arm for Obama and the Alinsky children.

• Terry Gain

Gingrich has no defence to the Freddie Mac charges. He lobbied and lied. The debate format tonight is the same as in the General. No chance to beat up on the moderator. So much for Newt the vaunted debater.

• Proud Paulbot

Newt Gingrich asked what he’d have done with Terry Schiavo. Well, duh! He would have divorced her!

• SM-AZ

I can’t get the pic of Newt sitting with Pelosi on that hot climate sofa out of my mind. Or, when Newt dumped on Paul Ryan over social engineering Medicare……or the idea of Newt being a lobbing historian for Fanny/Freddy. Or his far too entertaining love life. Seriously, marrying his geometry teacher? And then the others? So he was lobbing and what else again? Newt’s in the same league with Sharon-NV and Christine-DE. All losers!!! We need to win in Nov!

• Swifty

Maybe a PowerPoint slideshow would have helped.

• Skinner

This was a good debate after such a big win by Newt in SC.

Mitt had Newt on the ropes, and Newt got a taste of facing Obama if he gets there.

Newt was caught without an answer on several occasions. Mitt knows he needs to work on his delivery. They both have another round under their belts. Obama has zip.

This is good for the campaign and good for the other states beyond FL. And it keeps the MSM and the Obama campaign still wondering what the hell is going on.

• CT

Newt got neutered. Bluster and answer avoidence is easy to see without the yahoo rah rah chorus in the cheap seats.

• Pingback: NBC – National Journal GOP Debate in Tampa Florida | ()

• FurryGuy

When the live blogging of a debate had more sparks and fireworks than the event itself, you just know there was a problem. The more liberal the hosting the more of a snoozefest it is.

• billy sol

would luv to vote for romney, but does have the kahoonas to pull it off?

• Kathleen

I really about the people blogging on this site. Hateful, spiteful comments. Constant fighting and insult exchanges. This website did not used to attract this type of ugly commentary. Not much knowledge of facts, just hate.

• http://www.southernwolf.net S. Wolf

gus #102

As Ginger once said, ‘Gus, go take a cold shower NOW!’

OK.. she said a shower not a cold one but the principle is good.

I didn’t watch this debate, its beyond me why conservative allow debates moderated by liberals.

• Pingback: DAILYNEWSONLINE.INFO » NBC – National Journal GOP Debate in Tampa, Florida …Update …()

• Pingback: NBC – National Journal GOP Debate in Tampa, Florida | The … « Get True Advise()

• Adi

After seeing the moderators and the organizers, and after seeing the lib CNN media trashing the other day, I deemed imperatively absolutely necessarily that after putting the little ones to sleep, I should play Fallout:New Vegas (for the Nth time) during the “debate”. Time well wasted.

• Blacque Jacques Shellacque

Seriously, what other ways can a debate be reported to the voting public?

How many more debates need to be “reported”? Haven’t we seen enough already?

The only thing these seemingly weekly debates — moderated by media leftists and sponsored by leftist media organizations — end up doing is providing repeated opportunities for those same leftist moderators and leftist media outlets to make the Republican candidates look as unflattering as possible.

• Pingback: Sinecta.com()

• Pingback: NBC – National Journal GOP Debate in Tampa Florida | Liberal Whoppers()

• Ria

Newt needs to really go after Mitt when he brings up the Washington insider angle. We have a Washington outsider in the WH and he is learning on the job and growing government. At this time we need someone who knows how Washington works to fix it.

Newt may appear erratic and advocated liberal leanings but when he was in Washington he lead as a conservative. Romney on the other hand, cannot name one thing he did as a conservative when he was in the governorship.

Santorum is the most conservative of the bunch but he cannot win so I think Newt is the one who can bring a coherent message for conservatives. I do not see Romney giving Tea Partiers at place at thetable. But with Newt we have a chance to make some changes to the GOP.

• Molon Labe

Furry

If you have any evidence of wrong doing on Romney’s part I’d like to see it. I am no fan of Romney but it is stupid to smear anyone without evidence.

• Molon Labe

Romney was pathetic. He couldn’t attack Newt on substance. Suppose he was a lobbyist, who in Washington isn’t after ending their political career? How do you think Clinton became the proud owner of $300 million?

If Newt is in error on substance then I’m sure Romney can contrast his brillant conservative record to contrast it with.

But we get crickets. While gov. Romney did every thing he could to attack conservatives. He is a bad joke. A man without principles. And as such is Obama Lite.

• Molon Labe

BG

Wow Fred Thompson’s endorsement ranks up there with Chris Christie’s. Both are non entities.

• Molon Labe

This was the probably the worst debate so far. I don’t understand why the gop DOESN’T ALLOW CONSERVATIVE ORGANIZATIONS MODERATE THEM, AS THE hERITAGE PEOPLE DID.

• Roy Beans

Confusing stuff these days. All aboard the Newt train for so many conservatives!
    I liked Herman Cain, I liked Perry, I like Santorum, I even like the answers Romney gave in the debates. Conservatives could not stomach Herman Cain but Newt is right on! Right on! Right on!
    Alleged affairs by a man that stayed married. Unsubstantiated affairs by people living in an apartment complex with Obama’s attack dog Axelrod who made attacks on his character from 20 years ago that cannot be substantiated and are made by desperate (financially) people with very checkered pasts. Cannot have this man, Herman Cain in the running for President. But a man who it can be substantiated had 3 affairs and probably many more. One woman, Anne Manning came forth and confirmed a relationship with Newt during the 1976 campaign. She said “We had oral sex. He prefers that modus operandi because then he can say, ‘I never slept with her.’” If this is the case, what makes republicans think that a long line of accusations is not coming. And that is just sex and adultery…
    There was the book deal in 1984. Horrendous and evil, NO, but illegal and lines were crossed. There were actually 3 border line book deals. Again bad judgment not evil. Story of Newt’s political life…bad judgement.
    Newt is the father of earmarks (he designed them as a way to keep republicans in power, there were none before him), helped develop the idea of an individual Healthcare mandate and supported the idea for 18 years at the Federal level (Newt was for it before he was against it), proposed cap and trade, insisted on a comprehensive immigration proposal rather than build the fence and secure border first- all other issues related get addressed later, was tossed out of the speakership for corruption and poor leadership, was for Medicare part D (not to mention the “doc fix” legislation that deceptively “fix” the Medicare budget yearly but savings are never realized and terrorize doctors) and strong armed Republicans into voting for it, he accused Paul Ryan of Right wing social engineering for trying to gradually nudge Medicare in a bipartisan way toward private accounts (Newt was against Ryan’s plan before he was for it), S-CHIP program now near 4 in 10 children in the US are on Medicaid (a terrible medical plan which would become one of our budget breakers of today’s budgets-err continuing resolutions), and proposed eliminating Federal judges who don’t vote your idea of the constitution and calling up judges before congress (what’s fair for Republicans is fair game for Democrats). Newt bounced 22 checks as was revealed in the House banking scandal. YUP that is our guy. He talks tough to the media and has big ideas. Shesssh, we never learn!

Glenn Beck is right on Newt all others are in the tank including the big voice on the right.
    Glenn Beck endorses Newt http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/01/23/glenn-endorses-newt-gingrich/

“I think you can write a psychological profile of me, that says I found a way to immerse my insecurities in a cause large enough to justify whatever I wanted it to.” Newt once told interviewer Gail Sheehy. This fits nicely with the infamous comment about Clinton putting Newt on the back of Air Force One. His crushed ego led to the collapse, with this plane comment, of Republicans commitment to their budget and with that -came the reelection of Bill Clinton. Tom Coburn said Gingrich (at that time) became a whipped dog.

From Avik Roy: Former congressman Chris Shays (R., Conn.) probably captured the strength and weakness of Newt best in comments to Bolduc: “He’s a true entrepreneur in the classic sense. You can launch the business, but you can’t necessarily run it.” Gingrich brought us a once-unimaginable House GOP majority but ended up using that majority to expand, rather than shrink, the size of government. (see father of earmarks above).

Coburn and Shays are now skewered by Newt admirers as establishment Republicans and some even use the name Rino which is bizarre. They get added to the list of John Campbell, Jason Chaffetz, and Jeff Flake.

In the debates Newt has rattled off hundreds things that he ‘will’ do to fix things. A president who is going to ‘do’ many many many things but all these things have to be written up in committees and passed by a House and Senate. Reagan had 3 goals and he focused on them and put a lot of energy into getting them done and they changed the country (and the world). A hundred or hundreds of things? Is this leadership, the shotgun approach? Gingrich is famous for finding red meat items to work on but the critical items we conservatives are interested in- to get America back on track, get pushed to the back. The Tea Party was about the insane spending from 2008 through 2010 (and before) and the effect this spending would have on taxes soon enough for us and big time for our children and grandchildren. The Tea Party is still concerned about spending but now have to different arenas in which we battle, enlarging the Tea Party caucus in congress. I know it is David Frum but see http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/23/newt-gingrich-trivial-issues-warrior.html

• http://www.ombudizen.com ombdz

I think we can blame the RNC for this one. Why would they even select NBC to moderate a GOP debate? What kind of questions were they expecting? When it comes to the media, the RNC has no idea that there are groups not utilizing a level playing field …

• CV1

Oh sure! The debate was a bad one because it made Newt look bad.

Molon Labe #136 January 24, 2012 at 3:25 am

perhaps, but they’re our non entities.. /s/

and the Obama’s refuse to endorse anyone but themselves..

have we not become America gone liberal??

what is a “conservative” these days??

where have they been??

and where are they??

in Congress??

Bueller??

• Pingback: NBC FL GOP Presidential Debate (1/23/12) | From the Desk of Lady Liberty()

• Ryan M.

Hey Multitude. . while I lean towards Newt. . . .

Its not DADDY’S money. Romney earned his own money. He didn’t inherit it. Mistruths don’t help anyone.

• Ryan M.

#24? YOu are 100% wrong.

At BYU, he graduated with highest honors and gave a speech at graduation. He got accepted to a recently created dual-degree program in law and business at Harvard.

Of hundreds of Romney’s law and business school classmates at Harvard, just 15 earned the dual degree — which packed courses required for the two degrees into less time than earning them separately. Romney didn’t just earn the degree. He graduated with honors from the law school and in the top 5 percent of his class in the business school, according to The Real Romney.

His mere presence among the elite MBA/JD earners got him heavily recruited by Boston Consulting Group. So while he passed the Michigan bar in case he needed to go back to his dad’s state to work near the car industry, it wouldn’t be necessary.

“(Romney) was an outstanding recruit with exceptional grades, and he was the very charming, smooth, attractive son of a former presidential candidate. So everybody was bending over backward to get their hands on him,” said Charles Faris, who was with Boston Consulting Group, according to the The Real Romney.

When he started work with Boston Consulting Group, “he worked his butt off,” Faris said.

The young father worked nights, weekends and traveled often, including frequent trips to Europe, the book says.

He got hired away by Bill Bain at consulting company Bain & Co., who ultimately tapped him to launch Bain Capital in 1984.

There, he made the deals that dramatically increased his wealth.

• daryl
  • Pingback: BestNowWhat » Blog Archive » NBC – National Journal GOP Debate in Tampa, Florida …Update …()

• Pingback: Tuesday Crib Sheet: John Kerry Staffer Arrested For Disclosing CIA Identities to Media - Big Journalism()

• http://gatewaypundit mn

#146 – it is fantastic romney has a recorded background, BUT can he stand up to Obama? When will romney question obama about his hidden background. Can romney tell the truth about obama? Can he call out obama about his religion, his education, his birth certificate, his parents, his whatever that has been hidden with the media’s support and at tax payer’s expense? Romney when questioned about something new hesitates to answer until something, someone in the background assists him. He just recently answered accusations against him. Why didn’t he have immediate answers? He is starting to attack Newt harder who is on the same side and not even doing a good job at it. Romney lost to McCain who in turn lost to Obama. What makes romney think he can win now. If he needs to win, he needs to show he has the courage and backbone to call out obama for what he really is. Newt has shown he can do it. Can romney?

• drfugawe

A choir, marooned on an island of despair, singing to itself. Enjoy it now, cause the party’s over – but at least you had S.C.

• Pingback: My Homepage()