Rush Limbaugh: Mitt Romney Is Not a Conservative (Video)

Finally, Rush Limbaugh comes out and says it.
“Mitt Romney is not a conservative.”
From today’s show:

Real Clear Politics has the video:

The reason is simple: Romney is not a conservative. He’s not, folks. You can argue with me all day long on that, but he isn’t. What he has going for him is that he’s not Obama and that he is doing incredibly well in the debates because he’s done it a long time. He’s very seasoned. He never makes a mistake, and he’s going to keep winning these things if he never makes a mistake. It’s that simple. But I’m not personally ready to settle on anybody yet — and I know that neither are most of you, and I also know that most of you do not want this over now, before we’ve even had a single primary! All we’ve had are straw votes. You know that the Republican establishment’s trying to nail this down and end it. You know that that’s happening, and I know that you don’t want that to happen, and neither do I.

Now, as for Romney — and you should know, by the way, that I’ve met Romney. I’ve not played golf with him but I’ve met him, and I like all of these people. This isn’t personal, not with what country faces and so forth. I like him very much. I’ve spent some social time with him. He’s a fine guy. He’s very nice gentleman. He is a gentleman. But he’s not a conservative — and if you disagree, I’m open. The telephone lines are yours. Call and tell me what you think it is that makes him a principled conservative, what exactly is it. Is there something that he has said that shows conservative, principled leadership? What did he say? I’m open to it. Now, we’re told that governors are better than legislators when looking for presidents for a host of reasons.

• sifty

Well, hell, Ray Charles could see that one. GRHS.
    In other news, water is wet.

• EllieSue

he hates Cain too..

i had to turn him off twice for his blatant snide dissing of Cain while saying
    he won’t be supporting any candidate, that it wouldn’t be fair (to him, yes,
    i know), yada, yada.. then some woman calls every day ranting & ragging
    on Cain for at least 5 uninterrupted minutes, same woman, same spiel, but
    he claims to be “neutral”, well, we all know he’s not, and i am not angry
    with him for saying anything, just don’t LIE about it, ergo, sorry Rush, but
    my Mom taught me well, and she said you can trust a thief but you can’t
    trust a LIAR, sir, you LIED.. 🙁

• Militant Conservative

Gee ya think. Rush has gone from a savant to master of the obvious.

Romney is a RINO.

Still waiting to whittle down the herd to two or three.

Sadly, Romney, Perry, Cain.

conservative is outnumbered 2 to 1.

powder is dry.

• workingclass artist

Rush is right. Romney is not a conservative….neither is Herman Cain. They are cut from the same cloth.

Cain= Romneylite
    Romney = Obamalite

They are both Big Federal Government Autocrats.

@#4

Perry is a conservative…I’m a native Texan and he’s been reliably conservative with a steady trajectory to the right.

• EllieSue

Rush is a flip flopper – the link above proves it!! Hey, maybe Rush is a RINO too.

• Terry Gain

Handsome is as handsome does. Mitt Romney has one wife and 5 children. Rush has, I believe, 3 wives (one at a time mind you). Mitt is much more conservative than Rush. Both are good men.

@#3

If Cain endorsing Romney in 2008…Or Cain’s Big Gov. 999 VAT + National Sales Tax Hike… or Cain’s support for Palestinian right of return to Israel…Or Cain’s lovin Greenspan didn’t convince you he’s a RINO Autocrat

Cain’s continued defense of TARP should….Sheeesh!

workingclass artist #5 October 13, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Perry = Obamadark

and that’s just as sample, didn’t rven touch on the “Islamic
    Gulen Charter Schools”, “open borders” or cross the border
    “PerryTexMexCare”, and a few others things to boot..

• the only time a republican is a conservative is when they are running for office. once elected they become big government liberals. they want that power just like the democrats.

the only way you are going to get conservatives is to get your own candidates.your are never going to get them from the RNC.

• StrangernFiction

Mittens is a statist.

• Katie

How someone does in a debate isn’t the deal-breaker for me, and it shouldn’t be for anyone else either. As you say he’s experienced, he’s polished. It means nothing.

Obama is polished and he’s ostensibly a good debater….now where has that gotten us? Too many listened to him speak, and based too much on that…and then voted for him. More should have been less attentive to that, and more to substance.

Romney isn’t Conservative. He isn’t even a RINO, he’s a Democrat in the spirit of that party today. He may not be as far Left, but he’s certainly left of center. He’ll do more than work with the Democrats (and yes, let’s have none of the games the Dems played earlier on), he’ll side with them more often than not, and to more degree than not.

If the Democrat Party had chosen to primary Obama, if Romney didn’t jump over he would have given it very serious thought. His primary goal is the White House, that’s the feather he wants in his cap.

@ #8 Terry

So there is a marriage test now….sheeesh!

When Mitt was Gov. of MA he was Swimcoach Teddy Kennedy’s tool.

• DixieLand

That’s ODDD? didn’t Rush endorse him in the last race? How did he become less conservative since then?

Romney went up against the most liberal state in the US and against tremendous pressure NEVER RAISED TAXES… that is as conservative as it gets. He promised it before elected and he followed through on his promise…

Me thinks that is RUSH THAT IS THE FLIP FLOPPER!!!

@bg

This is the last time I will say this to you on any thread…you are an ignorant and annoying troll.

Most people ignore you anyway…except for your troll buddies or sockpuppets.

• #2 Pull the post … why? Because John Gibson disagrees and thinks Mittens is a conservative? I don’t see it. Never have. When RINO fatass Chris Christie jumps in and backs him, with all the other Cocktail Party GOPers that are part of the problem, it should be a red flag.

Problem is the Cocktail Party GOP Establishment has no problem with big oppressive government. They just want to be in charge of it.

Mitt Romney is not a conservative.

The only reason conservatives endorsed Romney in 2008 was as an attempt to stop McCain.

Mitt Romney = John McCain 2.0

• twolaneflash

Here’s a hit-parade of liberal/progressive/socialist/Marxist positions held by Willard “Mittens” Romney on healthcare mandates, gun control, same-sex “marriage”, abortion, and more:

Romney is Obama-lite.

• EllieSue
  • StrangernFiction

Chris Christie said it best about Mittens (with regards to RomneyCare):

“I will tell you, that I’m proud of him for standing up for doing what he believes is right.”

Unfortunately what Mitt thinks is right is left.

@#16 Dixieland

We all pay taxes for MA Romneycare….and that gave us Obamacare. Oama hired Mitt’s staff.

Thanks Mitt you RINO A-Hole…and now Mitt is rigging the primary calendar to push up the dates. He’s done it in NV and FL.

• EllieSue

@underground conservative – You didn’t listen to the entire 3 minutes. You would have heard Rush telling his listeners that Romney is conservative – 3 legs of the stool – the whole thing.

sifty #1 October 13, 2011 at 6:12 pm

rotflmbo!!

@#22

lol

It’s a freekin greek tragedy only in America and there may be no escape…Glad I’m in Texas cause we will BALK at this Federal Statist crap….We will BALK at 999…We will BALK at the EPA & FDA…

Gig Em’
    Perry 2012

• progressoverpeace

workingclass artist commented:

Rush is right. Romney is not a conservative….neither is Herman Cain.

Damn straight. I like Cain, but he’s proposing a national sales tax without even bothering to mention the need for a Constitutional amendment to even make that possible. That is not the sort of view of the federal government that I endorse.

I also fault most of the other candidates for not pointing this Constitutional point out. This whole 9-9-9 plan should have been stillborn on the Constitutional issue, alone – forget the other serious problems with it.

• Sasja

bg, you’re all wet. You are so good at linking to sites, go to Rush’s archives and link to that program and show us where Rush hates Cain. Rush is never “snide”. And, buy the way, Rush NEVER endorses anyone, Dixieland. I think there is alot of jealousy of intellect here. bg likes to think she’s highly intelligent, but I have yet to see it.

• workingclass artist

Mitt used $400 million of Federal Medicaid Tax Money + A Dukakis Tax to pay for Romneycare…He’s a liar and a fraud.

• EllieSue

Sasja – listen to the link and you will hear Rush endorsing Romney last time – he says he doesn’t endorse but listen to it and tell me it’s not an endorsement. You have to listen to the whole 3 minutes because Gibson sets up the caller:

• More liberty

Rush Is right about that. Romney is nothing but an establishment Rino, so is Perry for that matter. Lol…Romney-care is big liberal policy, so is Perry’s mandate. These morons are status quo.

• retired military

Romeny is at the bottom of the list of republicans running that I would vote for. Having said that I am voting for ABO next year.
    Anyone
    But
    Obama

• #24: I want to hear the entire clip straight from the Rush archives, not some snippet pulled and used on another radio talk show. If you don’t have that, I don’t care to listen to it. I can edit anything to make it say anything I want it to say.

I’ve listened to Rush almost daily since the Gulf War. I know he did not endorse Romney out of some belief that he was a principled conservative. Like Cain, like others, it was a move to try to stop McCain, who turned out to be the trainwreck we all knew he’d be.

Mitt Romney is John McCain 2.0. Just has better hair.

Romney is not my guy, but that doesn’t mean facts
    should be tossed out the window, so here you go..

“RomneyCare”

Immigration

illegal immigration

“Mitt Romney took office during a recession when the state was losing
    thousands of jobs every month,” Fehrnstrom wrote in an e-mail. “He
    not only stopped the job losses, but ended his four years in office
    with positive numbers on the board.
    If you go back and look at the
    last 10 years, it was a lost decade for job growth in Massachusetts.
    The only bright spot was Mitt Romney’s term as governor. Both his
    predecessor and his successor posted job losses.”

Governors Report Card: How Romney,
    Huntsman, Perry Changed Health Care

• Sickofobama

Rush needs to be saying the same things over and over and over again.

Note to the GOP:

WE THE TEA PARTY DO NOT WANT THE LIBTARD MITT ROMNEY AS OUR CANDIDATE.

HE IS OBAMA IN WHITE FACE.

• By the way, McCain showed his true colors today when he expressed empathy for the Occupy Wall Street mob. Tea Party people? They’re just hobbits.

Don’t go away, John. Go away. And take your stupid dumbass of a daughter with you.

@#27

Cain’s 999 will raise taxes in Texas to almost 20%…Texas has no state income tax but a pretty stable 8.25% state sales tax…
    Property taxes in Texas are assessed by local municipalities. Business taxes up or down happen at the state level but we try to keep them as low as we can.

Of course if I stick to used beer or milk I won’t have to pay Cain’s third nine but then there’s that pesky VAT. Cain is trying to make us ino Europe…kinda like Obama but with a rino smile.

• EllieSue

@underground – I’ve listened to Rush for years also and that’s why I know he said this – because I heard him say it and I was happy he said it because I agreed with him then. Now he’s a flip-flopper and can you even trust him anymore?? I can’t.

• Don’t go away, John. Go away. And take your stupid dumbass fatass of a daughter with you.

Fixed it.

@#34 bg

“Romney is not my guy”

You’re a lyin sack of Sh*t….shilling for Obamalite & Obama.

Sasja #28 October 13, 2011 at 6:51 pm

yeah, i’m wet alright, that’s why i listen to Rush VERY CLOSELY daily..

i just don’t take kindly to being be SOAKED, so good luck with that..

• #38 Just go away, RINO. Anyone going all in for Mittens right now is a RINO. Why offer a candidate whose advisers helped write ObamaCare, supports sanctuary cities fof illegal aliens and believes in the hoax known as global warming? We already have one of those as POTUS.

workingclass artist #40 October 13, 2011 at 7:04 pm

@#31

If Perry is such a big establishment rino why is everybody in the establishment & the media doing everything they can to take him out of the race and who does that help?

Yeah square that circle & add it to your jerk.

• progressoverpeace

workingclass artist commented:

Cain is trying to make us ino Europe…kinda like Obama but with a rino smile.

Whoa, there! I wouldn’t go out there. I think that Cain just doesn’t have a proper sense of federalism (though this is a very simple point) but I don’t think that he wants to turn the US into Europe. I’ve never gotten that vibe from him. I just think that his knowledge is very spotty and the 9-9-9 plan is just awful … and un-Consittutional, without any doubt. But, I would never put Cain out as a Europhile of any sort.

And NO ONE on the GOP side is anything like Barky. Barky is ineligible for the Presidency, which puts him into a whole category by himself. And he hates our nation, our traditions, our culture, our institutions … and has been trying his best to destroy us – something that none of the GOPers are even in the ballpark on (though McShame and those who work for illegals are close on that one major issue). I don’t consider any comparisons between the Indonesian Imbecile and the current GOP crop seriously. Whole different nations … literally.

• Pingback: Rush Limbaugh: Mitt Romney Is Not a Conservative (Video) | Famous People The World Is Talking About Now()

• Terry Gain

#14 October 13, 2011 at 6:33 pm
    workingclass artist commented:

@ #8 Terry

So there is a marriage test now….sheeesh!

When Mitt was Gov. of MA he was Swimcoach Teddy Kennedy’s tool.

It’s called the walk the walk test.

• workingclass artist

ALL OF BG’S LINKS ARE LINKS BACK TO HER OWN LAME OPINIONS ON EARLIER THREADS.

• Sasja

Workingclass. You’re right. As that Gruber (I think that’s his name) guy explained on MSNBC, unlike the health care bill at the federal level, Mass didn’t have to raise taxes since the money was already there. Romney and his people were very involved in drafting the fed bill.
    BTW, Romney must think he’s a shoo-in to admit he agrees there is global warming..altho he stated he’s not sure if it’s man-made, but does support regulations to stop this (dreaded menace) (my words).

@#47

Ok Mitt Romney walked the liberal walk hand in hand with swimcoach Teddy Kennedy.

yeah…that works for me.

btw re: workingclass artist #40 October 13, 2011 at 7:04 pm

in case you forgot, my bet has always been the “fix is in for Perry”, wait,
    you’ll see.. if you ask me, they’re protecting him via putting Romney out
    there to take all the fire in hopes he’ll be shot down by the time primaries
    come around (dang, we have a long ways to go until the election, even
    Sarah has enough time to change her mind)..

what’s the rush, rush, rush (pardon the pun)??

• Sasja

#24, I can go directly to Rush’s website and listen myself from the archives. And bg, I just think you are not a very honest person. It is obvious you do not listen to Rush every day. You may have turned on the radio, or pulled him up on the web, but you are Not Listening.

@#49

Romney is trying to rig the primary…He bought off T-Paw. Rubio’s chief of staff used to be a Romney guy & he’s behind moving up the Florida date.

The reason Perry is running is to stop Romney because there is little difference between Romney and Obama. He nailed it when he called him Obamalite.

• donh

The Kennedy Family is no longer interested in the hard work of campaigning and holding office….So they front people like Myth Romney who will do all their bidding. Cain We Much !

• Sasja

Workingclass #48. She always does that.

Sasja #52 October 13, 2011 at 7:15 pm

whatever, opinions facts do not make,
    i gave mine, and you can keep yours..

Cain & DeMint!! 🙂

• Nosmo

Anyone know the Mormon stance on military service or the percentage of Mormons that make up our military?

• Kissmygrits

We don’t have a conservative in this mix of rinos, libertarians and whatever Huntsman is. Seems conservatism has been left out of this election cycle, too. Doing the best we can at local and state levels is the best we can hope for.

• Sasja

donh. Here! Here! “Cain We Much!”

workingclass artist #48 October 13, 2011 at 7:11 pm

SCROLL SCROLL SCROLL!!

@#51

You are an idiot but then we all know that as you proudly display it. How do you fix it for Perry in 7 weeks? Romney has had 5 years to plan and maneuver.

Perry gave his campaign staff to Newt….and they’d still be there but Newt went on vacation.

Perry figured nobody else would be able to stop Romney…Bachmann aint’ Palin…so he threw his hat in and he’s in it to win it.

If he wins the nomination it will because he’s going to voters directly and making his case to them…He did this in Texas traveled to every county to meet voters. He’ll do it across the country. He meets them…talks to them, listens to them and answers their questions. If Perry wins it will be because he’s made his case and he’s earned their vote.

He has never lost an election and he will fight Romney in every state for every delegate.

• Jeff

I am scared of Romney he has a very liberal record. Cain’s 999 liberals are salivating on. Liberals love it. Perry is just too wooden. Michelle, Paul, Santorum, Huntsman and Newt sound more conservative than the three leading candidates.

@#51

Romney take all what fire….you are delusional.

Perry’s been hammered for his accent…slow West Texas speaking style…pride in being an Aggie…Bush…Texas…Religion…Tardisil (that never went into effect)…The Death Penalty…Instate Tuition that saved Texas money but was spun as Perry being soft on immigration (he’s not)….The Rio Grande River (Perry refuses to build a wall in a 1200 mile long river that is our border)…His non snappy debate quips…obvious fatigue in one debate…his heart comment…Ponzi scheme…treating Bernake ugly but now Newt can say it…Texas economy that is a job leader but it’s bad…AGW denial…Drill baby Drill…A Painted rock from 30 years ago…the list goes on and on…And it goes way beyond the usual politics to near Palin Derangement Syndrome proportions…Mostly be every other candidate & pundt on the GOP side but Newt.

Sheeesh! He hasn’t gone after anybody…Just Romney and Obama.

But somehow he raised $17 million in 1/2 the time Mitt did.

He’s in for the long haul.

• Jenny

Obama IS NOT a good debater. Where are people getting this? He failed miserably against Hillary in ALL debates. After each debate, she won that state’s primary. He stuttered and failed miserably. He cannot manage a thought without a TelePrompTer or memorizing his talking points. And if someone calls him on his crap, he is a child throwing an angry tantrum for everyone to see.

Anyone could beat him in a debate.

• progressoverpeace

Kissmygrits commented:

That’s not true. Bachmann and Santorum are solid conservatives. Bachmann takes a lot of guff from the Vichy Right for saying things they would rather not hear, but she’s seldom wrong and never behind. Gingrich knows how to be a solid conservative (but at times chooses not to, for some strange reason). I still cannot forget his idiotic couch-dancing with Nazi Pelousi during the 2008 election … and his retarded attempt to use global warming to push some of his energy ideas … but if push came to shove I’d be happier backing Newt than anyone other than Bachmann or Santorum.

• Roger

Rush isnt telling anyone something they already know.

No Rinomey!!!!!!

@# 63 jeff

Perry is completely different around voters. That is the governor Texans know. There are too many people on the stage.

Here he is after the last debate talking about the enemy of liberty.
    the Q&A

• Roger

Please dont let the dem’s pick the repub nominee this time!!!!! They want Romney, just like they wanted McShame.

• pink tie Republican

I’m voting for ABO. Anybody But Obama.

• Militant Conservative

#17 October 13, 2011 at 6:38 pm
    workingclass artist commented:

BG and I have been here longer than you, now who is the troll.

I was listening to the whole Rush program thus i missed your transgressions.

powder is dry.

• CT

I will not be voting for Rick Perry, Ron Paul, John Huntsman or the nut what’s his name from NM. We have some pretty good well seasoned potential candidates in the Republican Party that have decided not to run and we are all missing them now. I do not know why our choices leave so much to be desired, but they do. I held my nose and voted for McCain last time and if it weren’t for the Marxist we got I’m almost glad McCain lost so I don’t have to apologize for him now. If I vote this time around I will not do it holding my nose, the Republican Party be damned.

BTW Chris Christy is a better governor than we’ve had in a very long time up here in New Jersey, but he is not a future president.

@#45 progressoverpeace

His 999 plan is based on the European Model. National sales taxes originated in European countries when the EU was established they added the VAT.

What else do you call it but a major step towards european centralized governance. I know it’s harsh. But it’s also stupid to overturn the tax code in an unstable depressive economy…In fact it is radical and lunacy.

why do Texans hate Perry??

why does Perry hate Teachers??

bit more here & you can scroll threads for more,
    or not, don’t want to gig Perry supporters!! 😀

• Aaron

Rush said that Romney WAS a Conservative in 2008 and endorsed him. Two Years after RomneyCare passed.

@#71

I don’t think I was addressing you….I was addressing the wearisome and babbling bg.
    so I could frankly care less what you have to say as you but in where it doesn’t concern you.

pot kettle black

• Militant Conservative

#68 October 13, 2011 at 7:52 pm
    workingclass artist commented:

former Texas resident. Voted for Bush 4 times. not the best man but the best choice offered.

invited to the inauguration. framed.

Now then Perry is not a rock rib conservative, neither was bush. We have a chance at both.

perry and Romney (got his signed book) are not conservative enough.

TEA party wants Cain and so do I. A black man to take down a black socialist.

AND a true conservative. Bite me, the others have proven to be just tools.

RINOS on the take.

• Aaron

Here’s the audio of Rush endorsing “Conservative” Romney in 2008… http://hotair.com/archives/2008/02/05/rush-limbaugh-endorses-mitt-romney/

Someone explain that? Romneycare had passed in 2006. All the Flip Flop stuff had already come out. What changed other than Rush wanting to please you folks?

Jim?? Comments?

@jenny

agreed…Obama is a lousy debater…Hillary womped his ass.

Gore beat Bush in the debates too.

Debating skills are high overrated…aren’t they?

re: #15 October 13, 2011 at 6:35 pm bg

Could Herman Cain’s ’999′ Tax Plan Really Work?

[Moore said that while a lot of business people think the plan would
    be great for American business and competitiveness, he thinks the
    American people may be thrown by the institution of the 9 percent
    sales tax.]

Godfather of Supply-Side Economics Supports Cain’s ‘9-9-9’ Plan

[The famed economist told HUMAN EVENTS that the proposal was
    pro-growth and would create the proper conditions for America’s
    economy to expand and thrive again.

“Herman Cain’s 9-9-9 plan would be a vast improvement over the current
    tax system and a boon to the U.S. economy,” Laffer told HUMAN EVENTS
    in a statement. “The goal of supply-side tax reform is always a broadening
    of the tax base and lowering of marginal tax rates.”

Added Laffer: “Mr. Cain’s plan is simple, transparent, neutral with
    respect to capital and labor, and savings and consumption, and
    also greatly decreases the hidden costs of tax compliance. There
    is no doubt that economic growth would surge upon implementation
    of 9-9-9.”

Laffer also said that “such a system provides the least avenues to avoid
    paying taxes, yet also maintains the strongest incentives for work effort,
    production, and investment.”]

@#77

“TEA party wants Cain and so do I. A black man to take down a black socialist.”

That is the liberal argument…Unbelievable!

Liberals played that white guilt to democrats in 08′ and you are buying into liberal White Fear that only Cain can beat Obama….Sheeesh!

I’m not voting for anyone but the one with the best record of results.
    Texas has led in exports 9 years in a row. Perry has fought the EPA since the 90’s. Texas has a robust economy and Texas practices capitalism the old fashioned way.

We don’t need another savior or another political experiment…We need JOBS!

• CT

#58 re: Mormons military service.

I served with a number of Mormons in the Navy starting in the late 60’s into the early 80’s. All fine very upstanding people, clean cut almost to a fault. I didn’t know what a Ladder Day Saint was until I joined the Navy. I’m still a Methodist boy myself.

M C #4 October 13, 2011 at 6:20 pm

chin up!! 🙂

• progressoverpeace

Could Herman Cain’s ’999′ Tax Plan Really Work?

It doesn’t matter. It’s un-Constitutional and would require a Constitutional amendment to be instituted. Good luck getting 3/4 of the States to allow Uncle Sugar to horn in on their sales tax racket. And, as a smoker, I can tell you that there is little more dangerous than the feds having the ability to raise sales taxes as they please. Cain’s 999 plan is a total non-starter for me and, because of the serious Constitutional issues not even worthy of serious discussion for a neophyte President-to-be. It will be enough of a challenge doing the TRULY IMPORTANT WORK of getting rid of the idiotic nation-killing legislation that the Indonesian Imbecile inflicted on us. Getting rid of ObamaCare (and the rest of the iditiotic bills and spending) is job 1. Not some silly, pipe-dream, un-Constitutional change in the tax code. If Cain wants to go on a tax reform issue, then a flat tax with few deductions is the way to go, not some insane notion of instituting a national sales tax.

@#77

4th generation native Texan and except for a brief Grad School stint on the east coast(a liberal union city) & the midwest I have lived in Texas my whole life.

Rick Perry is more conservative than Bush always has been…even when he was a budget pitbull bluedog.

Texas bluedogs would be called RINO’s anywhere else.

Followed Perry’s career for a long time….He’s been a good governor and will be a good conservative president. Texas has jobs. Texas sales receipts are now at 2008 levels. The Rainy Day Fund will be $7 Billion by 2013. Texas upgraded to AA+ Texas balanced the state budget for the first time in history & S&P cited Perry’s leadership.

• Iconoclast

Having the misfortune to live above (in multiple senses of the word) the Peoples’ Kommonwealth of Massholia, I’ve seen more than enough of Uncle Mitty’s arrogance and “moderation.” He’s very accomplished as a businessman, he’s a smooth talker in front of the camera, but as many have noted . . . he’s no more conservative than Juan McSleezy. If he should win the nomination, I’ll vote for him in the general – which is not saying anything because I’d even take some anti-nausea drugs & vote for Huntsman if I had to.

Those who harbor doubts about Herman Cain really need to study his proposals & learn about the man himself. I’m not in favor of a national sales tax per se, but I want to read the legislation before I offer an opinion. Cain is a very sincere & principled man who can think on his feet, clearly think, as a leader must. He applies common sense and he is no quibbling RINO like McSleezy. He will kick Comrade Zero’s scrawny Kenyan butt from one end of the stage (and country) to the other without breaking a sweat.

And el Rushbo . . . did you just fall off the turnip truck or are you auditioning for the role of Captain Obvious? DUH !!!

Rick Perry’s Stimulus

Texas Stimulus Tracking

more here & elsewhere i’m sure..

• Ladue Pundit

I like Cain, but his 9-9-9 plan is really a 27% tax at the end of the line: the consumer. He says payroll taxes will disappear (15.3%), so medicare/medicaid and social security will be funded. A sales tax funding entitlements is a disaster in the making.

Santorum and Bachman are good conservatives, but will they have enough $ backing to stay in for the long haul? They both “get” the Islamic threat, like Newt does, but will we stay bogged down in these wars with our hands tied behind our backs?

I just got back from an accounting conference and a lot of people there were already disillusioned. Hopey Dopey has set the bar very low, anyone could beat him–but we want, as Rush put it, “The best.”

These early primaries stink. What’s the rush? Obama could be re-elected if the GOP blue bloods and media pick our candidate and voters stay home.

• aprilnovember811

Mitt Romney is a liberal and was Governor of a very liberal state. A Conservative doesn’t implement socialized medicine. A conservative doesn’t believe he can claim ownership of the air we breathe and regulate it.

Watch this: Romneycare consultant: Obamacare is based on Romneycare

• jainphx

Look those of you that are attacking bg, give it a rest. She has always given her opinions in a very studied manner. I read her links and take them for what they are. When push comes to shove she is one of us. I do however disagree with her here. I don’t think Rush was knocking Cain! I don’t think he has said one way or the other on Cain. Look we all have our favorites, I argued with retire o5 for weeks, but I know his heart is in the right place and will be there when he’s needed. He liked on I liked the other. If everyone here did the research that bg does we would all be in a better place. having said all that, I repeat anyone but Romney.

• Ladue Pundit

Romney definitely thinks it’s “his turn.” After Huckabee won that fluke primary and refused to get out, he siphoned off votes from Romney and allowed Juan McCain to win the nomination. If I were Romney, I’d be mad, too.

M C #71 October 13, 2011 at 8:02 pm

jainphx #91 October 13, 2011 at 8:57 pm

thanks.. 😉

Ladue Pundit #92 October 13, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Romney liost his chance in selection 2008.. he didn’t put up much of fight,
    and let McCain walk all over him, how can we expect him to go up against
    TOTUS..

that’s why is still think hes going to be the
    sacrificial lamb until they can whip Perry in
    place.. aah, we shall see soon enough..

seriously though, Mitt too nice to run for Prez, i mean, he seems to fall
    in lock step with whatever plan the establishment Reps lay out for him..

Perry rejects charge that he supported TARP

Perry TARP Letter

Herman Cain Explains Why He Supported TARP

don’t believe he had a say anyway, i mean, at the time, his
    praise wasn’t as meaningful as say a Gov. or Sen. was it??

• Molon Labe

Romney is Teddy’s evil twin. Perry is Teddy’s evil nephew from Mexico.
    You can tell the trolls who dismiss Romney’s actions and the ogres who dismiss Perry’s many, many failings. Its sort of like the cretin who at GE who brags about 2% growth and omits to mention the year before he took obver GE grew at 12%. This is Perry a loser and some one who claims credit for things he didn’t do.

• silent_rage

How can anyone call a private citizen a flip-flopper? That’s ridiculous. He just simply changed his mind. Big Deal. His show is his thoughts and musings about the current political scene.

17 mil..

gee, wonder how he managed that..

not!!

aah, God is still looking over my shoulder, really can’t believe
    this, but it just popped up out of nowhere, so i’m posting it..

re: #43 September 25, 2011 at 1:39 pm bg

(couldn’t locate the first one, didn’t
    think i’d have to, i was wrong… :D)

told ya..

damn, some times i truly hate being right from the get go, *sigh*

might as well post this too..

• Liz

Romney is more conservative than Perry. Rush sure thought Romney was conservative in 2008 when he was pulling for him. I think Rush has changed, not Romney.

• Pingback: Rush Limbaugh: Mitt Romney Is Not a Conservative (Video) | Liberal Whoppers()

• Who said this in 2008:

“I think now, based on the way the campaign has shaken out, that there probably is a candidate on our side who does embody all three legs of the conservative stool, and that’s Romney. The three stools or the three legs of the stool are national security/foreign policy, the social conservatives, and the fiscal conservatives. The social conservatives are the cultural people. The fiscal conservatives are the economic crowd: low taxes, smaller government, get out of the way.”

The only flip-flopper here is Rush Limbaugh!

• James

I’m voting for Rick Perry.

• Rose

RUSH IS DEAD RIGHT!

And someone said Cain is Mitt Lyte – don’t sell Cain short – he is every bit as Leftie as Mitt, if not more so.

I’m bloody tired of GOP RINO SUPPORTERS who get Star Fever for every RINO they see and try to tell us they are “ELECTABLE” – which ain’t proven the case EVER!

I always vote and I’ll be at the polls in 2012 AS ALWAYS.

But I won’t vote for any RINOS so I can say I am with a lousy pack of RINO/DIM MARXIST ENABLERS and their Stalinist Agenda.

• Rose

#98 – I was for Romney in ’08, too – Romney kept his mouth shut in those days about all his Leftie ideas, and stayed busy parading around his very beautiful and gracious and outgoing family. Picture Perfect! But he couldn’t hold the POSE!

And with Prayers from Christians, he, like many others, is busy outing himself and showed us his own true Leftie Colors.

“T’is better to keep thy mouth shut and be THOUGHT a fool than to open it and remove All Doubt!”

• Dale Atherton

Okay, so far I got posts saying Romney’s a RINO, Cain is a RINO, Perry is RINO, and Rush is a RINO. Oh for crying out loud people, you have no more credibility any more. Why should I listen to a bunch of RINOs anyway?

• Pingback: ORBUSMAX ARCHIVES » Links From 10/13/11()

• ohiochili

I don’t agree that no one here has any credibility, Dale Atherton, but I do see a lot of new pit bulls on the attack posting on this thread.

• Ipso Facto

Rush is indeed correct. I believe he came out with this to stem the tide of the Republican establishment who are all trying to ram Romney down our throats and have the primaries over with ASAP.

Few conservatives want Romney. The Republican establishment is RINO to the core. Its clear we still have a lot of work to bring the party back to conservatism, however, its going to take some time.

Yes, ABO, however I would encourage everyone here to familiarize themselves with Operation Counterweight put forth by Prof. Jacobson at the Legal Insurrection blog.

• Molon Labe

I see the usual false flag up trying to push the usual RINOs like Perry.

Perry couldn’t attack Obama’s cash luandering schemes because he is doing the same thing in Texas. Worse he panders to pressure groups. Romney is a bad joke.

We will get another four years of Obama if the RINOs keeppushing these lossers just as they foisted Dole, McCain and the Bushes.

Worse consider what the GOP Congress has accomplished. Add a RINO president and senate to it and you get four more years of Obama like results. Can the country survive that?

Look at the moronic comments like Dr B. There are far too many Trojan horses galloping around trying to inform us of why the weak sisters make great candidates, just as they did with McCain.

• Pingback: Friday morning links - Maggie's Farm()

• Gary

Working class

In two posts here you have stated that Cain is not conservative and Perry is conservative.
    Are you sure you don’t have the names mixed up?

You say you’re a Texan and so you know Perry has been reliably conservative?
    Well, heck, I’m not a Texan but I can read.

Perry was for Al Gore. Not reliably conservtive.
    Perry praised Hillarycare before it was Obamacare. Not reliably conservative.
    Perry wants illegal immigrants to get in-state tuition while American kids from other states pay out-of-state tuitition. Not reliably conservative. Or maybe I just don’t have a heart.

As for Cain, let’s hear his big government autocrat philosphy that you’re accusing him of.

BTW, I’m still for Bachmann, so I say this out of objectivity, not in support of Cain.
    Bachmann, now there’s somebody with a reliable conservative voting record.

• Gary

bg

sorry to hear you feel that way about Rush.
    I still think he’s the top conservative mind in this country.
    Yeah, it does seem like he favors Perry, but we all have the candidate we want to win and it’s hard not to let that show through in a discussion on the election. That’s human nature. But how could he still run the radio show if he openly endorsed a candidate right now?
    So obviously he’s trying to walk a tightrope between not endorsing a candidate and exposing the less conservative candidates.

My question is why does anybody think Perry is conservative anyway.
    I wish I could remember who called him a dumber George W. Bush on here the other day. My sentiments exactly.
    And politics aside, I like Bush. Perry strikes me as slimy.

Gary #111 October 14, 2011 at 7:38 am

well, what can i say that i haven’t said from the get go..

Rush is a briliant man, but not infallable..

i listen to what Rush says & if it’s
    incongruent to what he practices,
    i take note..

re: dumber than GWB

hah, you don’t know GWB very well do you.. *sigh*

• That’s quite a reversal from four years ago when Rush said that Romney had “all three legs of the conservative stool”, namely social conservatism, fiscal conservatism, and national security conservatism. What has Romney done differently in the last few years to make Rush change his mind?

NOTHING!

El Rushbo is a flip-flopper. Yes, I said it.

• Gary

Stephen Monteith

I have to admit you’re right about that.
    I thought Rush favored Romney a bit last election.
    But so did I. A lot was not out about Romney in 2008.
    The main platform that year was that he made the Olympics profitable and he was a successful businessman. It seemed like just what the doctor ordered at the time.
    The only flip-flop we heard back then was that he used to be pro choice before he was pro life. At the time, I was thinking I could live with that. At least it’s a change for the better.
    But with Obamacare, a lot more light has been shone on Romneycare this time around. I don’t even remember it being mentioned last cycle.
    So, we live and learn.
    GWB talked a very conservative game, but he was moderate in the end.

• Molon Labe

GWB was never a conservative and was not even a moderate. Who started the first gun ban, hint it wasn’t Clinton.

• tressilian

But that is okay. He is not a socialist either. He is someone who can manage business and get the economy going…jobs, jobs, jobs. It is not about the normal BS that has gotten us election after election into this mess. It’s not about fancy speeches. No more promises that can’t be delivered…like world peace, no more poverty, and free health care. It’s about making America strong. No President, regardless of his religion has been able to or even attempted to change the religious direction of this country. Obama has allowed and all out attack on religion…still not succeed. Romney doesn’t have to be a right wing conservative to do right by the constitution and the American people. I will not let mainstream media manipulation take me off the issue.

Molon Labe #115 October 14, 2011 at 10:14 pm

huh??

• Pingback: Mitt Romney ~ So Where Does He Stand? | ChrisInMaryville's Blog()

• Pingback: Mitt Romney in his own words; Conservative? I think not. « A TowDog()

• Pingback: Mitt Romney in his own words; Conservative? I think not.()

• Pingback: Web Hot Trends » Rush Limbaugh: Mitt Romney Is Not a Conservative (Video) | The …()