Karine Jean-Pierre on Monday briefly spoke for a few minutes before NSC spox John Kirby took over and fielded questions from reporters.
Four objects have been shot down by US fighter pilots in the last week.
Three of the objects were shot down over US airspace – the object shot down on Sunday over Lake Huron was shaped like an octagon and was at an altitude of 20,000 feet.
Some pilots said the object interfered with their sensors.
Other pilots said they observed no identifiable propulsion and couldn’t explain how the object was staying in the air.
This led many people to believe perhaps the objects were an indication of extraterrestrial activity.
Glen VanHerck, an Air Force general who commands NORAD and US Northern Command, was asked whether the Pentagon ruled out aliens regarding the objects that have been shot down.
“I haven’t ruled out anything at this point. We continue to assess every threat,” VanHerck said during Sunday’s briefing.
Karine Jean-Pierre said there is no indication of extraterrestrial activity.
“There is no indication of aliens or extraterrestrial activity with these recent takedowns,” Karine Jean-Pierre said.
Jean-Pierre: "There is no indication of aliens or extraterrestrial activity with these recent takedowns." pic.twitter.com/b8cAXdUlAV
— Washington Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) February 13, 2023