Quadruple murder suspect Bryan Kohberger Tuesday morning arrived at the Monroe County, PA courthouse for his extradition hearing.
Kohberger arrived to the courthouse in handcuffs to a swarm of reporters shouting questions.
The hearing is set to begin at 3:30 ET.
Kohberger will not fight the extradition to Idaho, according to his public defender.
Bryan Kohberger’s sisters and father will join him in court on Tuesday.
According to reports, Kohberger plans to plead not guilty to the murder charges when he appears before a judge in Idaho.
“He believes he’s going to be exonerated. That’s what he believes. Those were his words,” Kohberger’s public defender Jason LaBar said.
“Bryan! Why did you do it?” a bystander shouted.
“Are you going to Idaho?” another shouted.
Bryan Kohberger just arrived at the Monroe County, PA courthouse. pic.twitter.com/6FVRoNC3NL
— Brian Entin (@BrianEntin) January 3, 2023
Kohberger, 28, was charged with four counts of first-degree murder and one count of felony burglary for allegedly fatally stabbing 20-year-old Ethan Chapin of Conway, Washington; 21-year-old Madison Mogen of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho; 20-year-old Xana Kernodle of Avondale, Arizona; and 21-year-old Kaylee Goncalves of Rathdrum, Idaho on November 13.
What we know so far since Bryan Kohberger’s arrest:
- The white Hyundai Elantra that police were looking for was confiscated at Kohberger’s residence
- The murder weapon has not yet been located
- Search warrants were executed at Bryan Kohberger’s residence in Pullman, Washington and Pennsylvania
- Kohberger’s DNA matched samples at the crime scene
- Kohberger is a hardcore vegan with OCD eating tendencies according to a family member
- Kohberger wore gloves in public at grocery stores after he allegedly committed the quadruple murders.
- Kohberger was a Ph.D. student in the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology at Washington State University in Pullman, Washington.
- The friend of the police officer who tracked Kohberger said the suspected killer stalked his victims prior to allegedly stabbing them to death.
- Fellow classmates and people who knew Kohberger described him as an oddball who was bullied and in return bullied others.
- Kohberger reportedly harassed women at a local PA brewery