Developing: Missing Princeton Student Found Dead 6 Days After She Vanished

Princeton, New Jersey – A missing Princeton student was found dead 6 days after she disappeared, prosecutors said.

20-year-old Misrach Ewunetie of Euclid, Ohio, went missing after attending an event and was last seen near the Scully Hall dorm last Friday at around 3 am.

The prosecutors said an employee discovered the young woman’s body “outside on the Facilities grounds” near the tennis courts around 1 pm ET on Thursday, Fox News reported.

“There were no obvious signs of injury and her death does not appear suspicious or criminal in nature,” prosecutors said in a statement.

An autopsy will still be performed.

Ewunetie’s brother, Universe, told Good Morning America that his sister’s phone last pinged near an off-campus residence which was about a 30 minute walk from her dorm room.

“It’s pretty far away,” he said on “Good Morning America” on Thursday. “And Princeton is a big campus and it’s very insular. Right. So it’s very odd that her phone would be off campus like everything is on campus.”

Fox News reported:

Police have recovered a body in the search for missing Princeton University scholarship student Misrach Ewunetie, six days after she vanished on her way home from an event.

Ewunetie, 20, was last seen near the Scully Hall dorm building around 3 a.m. on Oct. 14, according to authorities. The Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office said Thursday afternoon that an employee discovered her body “outside on the Facilities grounds” near the tennis courts.

She was last seen alive hours after the school’s Terrace Club had a live music event at which she volunteered for “housekeeping tasks,” the club’s leader Alexander Moravcsik told Fox News Digital Thursday. Another student had canceled, opening up the spot which Ewunetie volunteered to cover, he said.

“After the club had closed and all of the duty responsibilities had been fulfilled, Misrach—as well as the other members on duty—left for the night,” he added.

The Terrace student leadership added that “the entire Terrace community is sending our love and support to Misrach’s family during this extraordinarily difficult and uncertain time.”

A university spokeswoman on Thursday shared a message from W. Rochelle Calhoun, vice president for campus life, who wrote that Ewunetie’s family contacted the school’s Department of Public Safety on Sunday night.

The family reported “they had not heard from her in several days,” and asked that officers perform a wellness check, Calhoun wrote.

More on this story from WPVI:

Photo of author
Cristina began writing for The Gateway Pundit in 2016 and she is now the Associate Editor.

You can email Cristina Laila here, and read more of Cristina Laila's articles here.


Thanks for sharing!