Here we go.
The Justice Department on Thursday said Trump may not have turned over all of the classified documents taken from the White House.
Joe Biden’s corrupt Justice Department on Thursday appealed Judge Aileen Cannon’s ruling for a special master to review documents seized by the FBI’s raid on Mar-a-Lago.
“Notice is hereby given that the United States of America. Defendant in the above-captioned matter, appeals to the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit from the order of the district court entered on September 5, 2022.” the DOJ attorney wrote.
The DOJ in its filing asked Judge Cannon to allow it to continue reviewing the classified documents seized by the FBI from Trump’s Florida residence.
The DOJ also said there may be more classified documents that Trump hasn’t turned over after it was revealed last week that there were 48 empty folders marked classified.
Government prosecutors sounded the alarm in its court filing.
“Without a stay, the government and the public will also suffer irreparable harm from the undue delay to the criminal investigation,” prosecutors wrote.
“The injunction against using classified records in the criminal investigation could impede efforts to identify the existence of any additional classified records that are not being properly stored – which itself presents the potential for ongoing risk to national security,” they added.
The ‘highly classified’ documents stored at Mar-a-Lago were such a serious risk to national security that the FBI keeps leaking its contents to the left-wing media.
Trump’s lawyers have until Monday morning to respond to the Justice Department’s request, Reuters reported.
Former U.S. President Donald Trump’s team may not have returned all the classified records removed from the White House at the end of his presidency even after an FBI search of his home, U.S. prosecutors warned on Thursday, calling it a potential national security risk that needs investigation.
That revelation came in a Justice Department court filing asking U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon to let it continue reviewing about 100 classified records seized by the FBI at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate while it investigates whether classified documents were illegally removed from the White House and improperly stored there.
The Justice Department on Thursday suggested there could be more classified records that were removed from the Trump White House that investigators have not yet located. This revelation comes about a week after the Justice Department released a detailed list of property seized from Trump’s home which showed the FBI located 48 empty folders labeled as classified and another 42 which indicated they should be returned to a staff secretary or military aide.
Judge Aileen Cannon granted President Trump’s request for a Special Master review of the material confiscated by the Biden DOJ during their raid on his home at Mar-a-Lago.
Judge Cannon also ‘temporarily enjoins’ or forbid the Biden regime from ‘reviewing and using the seized materials’ pending the completion of the review.
Judge Cannon in her order also noted there is a risk of Deep State leaks to the media.
“In addition to being deprived of potentially significant personal documents, which alone creates a real harm, Plaintiff faces an unquantifiable potential harm by way of improper disclosure of sensitive information to the public,” Judge Aileen Cannon wrote.