Russia has beefed up its list of sanctioned Americans which now includes CEOs of arms manufacturers like Northrup Grumann, Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, and journalists at ABC and CNN.
The list also includes major players in US think tanks, the financial industry, deputies in the defense department, and the spouses of a number of American officials who were previously sanctioned. Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs explained that the expansion of this list is retaliation for recent American sanctions and that more individuals will be added shortly.
In response to the ever-expanding anti-Russian sanctions, under which the Biden Administration brings an increasing number of Russian citizens – both officials and their families, as well as representatives of business circles, scientists and cultural figures – 29 Americans are included in the “stop list” from among the top leaders, businessmen, experts and journalists who form the Russophobic agenda, as well as the spouse of a number of high-ranking officials. These persons are denied entry into the Russian Federation on an indefinite basis.
The husband of the vice president, Douglas Craig Emhoff, has also been added to the list.
Additions to the list:
- Kamala Devi Harris – Vice President of the United States;
- Kathleen Holland Hicks – First Deputy Secretary of Defense;
- Christopher Watson Grady – Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff;
- John Francis Kirby – Deputy Secretary of Defense, official representative of the Department of Defense;
- Ronald Klain – White House Chief of Staff;
- Evan Maureen Ryan – Secretary of the President’s Cabinet, wife of Secretary of State E. Blinken;
- Margaret Goodlander – Adviser to the Secretary of Justice, wife of Assistant to the President of the United States for National Security J. Sullivan;
- Douglas Craig Emhoff – husband of Vice President C. Harris;
- Robert Kagan – political scientist, husband of Senior Deputy Secretary of State W. Nuland;
- Edward Price, State Department Spokesman;
- Richard/Rachel Levine – Deputy Minister of Health;
- Brian Thomas Moynihan – Chairman and CEO of Bank of America;
- Mark Zuckerberg (Mark Elliot Zuckerberg) – co-founder and head of the board of directors of Meta (former Facebook);
- Kathy Warden, President and CEO, Northrop Grumann Corporation;
- Phebe Novakovic – President of General Dynamics;
- Michael Petters – President of Huntington Ingalls Industries;
- William Brown, President of L-3 Harris Technologies;
- Wahid Nawabi, President of Aerovironment;
- Roger Krone, President of Leidos;
- Horacio Rozanski, President of Booz Allen Hamilton;
- Eilee Drake, President, Aerojet Rocketdyne;
- David Deptula – Head of Research Institute “Mitchell Institute of Airspace Studies”;
- Ryan Roslansky – Chief Executive Officer of the social network “LinkedIn”;
- George Stephanopoulos – host of the ABC television channel;
- Matthew Kroenig – Deputy Director of the B. Scowcroft Center for Strategic Security NGO;
- David Ignatius (David Reynolds Ignatius) – journalist, expert at the Wilson Center;
- Edward Acevedo – Former member of the Illinois Legislature, expert at the Wilson Center;
- Kevin Rothrock – expert at the Wilson Center, editor-in-chief of the English version of the Meduza media portal;
- Bianna Vitalievna Golodryga is a Senior International Analyst at CNN.