Houston, Texas – A mother and one of her children died from carbon monoxide poisoning while trying to stay warm after a power outage caused by a bitterly cold winter storm.
Texas got hit with a rare cold snap that spanned to the southern part of the state and the power grids gave out.
Power outages were initiated by the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) early on Monday morning. This means millions of Texans are without electricity for short periods of time.
Temperatures fell into the teens near Dallas and 20s around Houston with wind chills near zero.
According to reports nearly half of the wind energy is down in West Texas after the turbines froze, hurting the state’s power supplies.
The is the green utopia that Joe Biden and the Democrats want for all states.
A helicopter running on fossil fuel spraying a chemical made from fossil fuels onto a wind turbine made with fossils fuels during an ice storm is awesome. pic.twitter.com/3HInc2qKb9
— Luke Legate (@lukelegate) February 15, 2021
A Houston mother desperate to keep her children warm ended up dying of carbon monoxide.
According to Houston police, a woman and her 8-year-old daughter died Monday evening from carbon monoxide poisoning in their residence after she started her car in her garage to use its heating system to try to stay warm.
An adult male and 7-year-old boy survived and were taken to a hospital.
Houston police urged residents to not use cars, grills and generators in or near a building.
Initial indications are that car was running in the attached garage to create heat as the power is out. Cars, grills and generators should not be used in or near a building. 202
— Houston Police (@houstonpolice) February 16, 2021