BREAKING: ANOTHER Mueller Prosecutor Abruptly Resigns From Roger Stone Case After DOJ Backs Down From Excessive Sentencing
A second Mueller prosecutor resigned from Roger Stone’s case Tuesday after the DOJ backed down from Stone’s abusive sentencing recommendation OF 7 to 9 years in prison.
First Aaron Zelinsky abruptly resigned, then Jonathan Kravis resigned, according to a court filing in Washington federal court.
Two federal prosecutors in the criminal case against Republican operative Roger Stone dramatically quit the case Tuesday shortly after the Department of Justice said it will force prosecutors to cut their recommendation that the longtime ally of President Donald Trump serve as long as nine years in prison.
Jonathan Kravis, who delivered the closing argument at Stone’s trial last fall, resigned as an assistant U.S. Attorney, according to a court filing Tuesday in Washington, D.C., federal court.
Another prosecutor, Aaron Zelinsky, also withdrew from Stone’s case, and resigned as a special assistant in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Washington, D.C.
But Zelinsky will continue serving as a federal prosecutor in Maryland.
Kravis and Zelinsky were among the four prosecutors who signed the controversial sentencing recommendation for Stone on Monday night that has come under attack both from the Justice Department and from Trump for being too harsh.
The Department of Justice said it was “shocked” at the excessive prison term being sought by Mueller’s prosecutors because it wasn’t what the DOJ was initially briefed on.
“The Department was shocked to see the sentencing recommendation in the filing in the Stone case last night,” the official told Fox News. “The sentencing recommendation was not what had been briefed to the Department.”
Either Mueller’s thugs lied to the DOJ or they sought more prison time for Roger Stone in retaliation for Trump’s impeachment acquittal.
Good riddance, Aaron Zelinsky and Jonathan Kravis! Who’s next??