SPERRY: Intel Agencies Still Withholding Documents Related to Spygate More Than Three Months After Trump’s Declassification Order
President Trump gave US Attorney General William Barr authority to declassify key intelligence files related to the Spygate scandal more than three months ago and US intel agencies are still withholding documents from investigators.
According to investigative reporter Paul Sperry, the source of the logjam is the ODNI [Office of Director of National Intelligence].
President Trump is in the process of shaking up the agency which is full of Deep State “establishment” types working to protect Barack Obama.
DNI chief Dan Coats recently resigned along with his deputy, Sue Gordon, who was dubbed Brennan’s BFF, but there is still a bottleneck at the agency.
Among the documents still under lock and key include material on Joseph Mifsud, the fake Russian (CIA/FBI asset) who approached Trump campaign foreign policy advisor George Papadopoulos in an attempt to plant evidence during the 2016 election.
According to a Real Clear Investigations report by Paul Sperry, the material still under wraps includes:
- Evidence that President Obama’s CIA, FBI, and Justice Department illegally eavesdropped on the Trump campaign — cases separate from the FBI’s disputed FISA court-approved surveillance of Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.
- An August 2016 briefing CIA Director John Brennan hand-delivered in a sealed envelope to Obama, containing information from what Brennan claimed was “a critical informant close to
Putin.” The informant is believed to have actually been a Russian source recycled from the largely debunked dossier compiled by ex-British agent Christopher Steele for the Hillary Clinton campaign.
- An email exchange from December 2016 between Brennan and FBI Director James Comey, in which Brennan is said to have argued for using the dossier in early drafts of the task force’s much-hyped January 2017 intelligence assessment. That spread the narrative that Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the alleged Clinton campaign hacking to steal the election for Trump.
- Copies of all FBI, CIA and State Department records related to Joseph Mifsud, the mysterious Maltese professor whose statements regarding Papadopoulos allegedly triggered the original Russia-collusion probe.
- Transcripts of 53 closed-door interviews of FBI and Justice Department officials and other witnesses conducted by the House Intelligence Committee. The files were sent to the agency last November.
James Clapper, who previously ran the ODNI, has been in the media pushing the bogus argument that Trump’s declassification order ‘compromises sources and methods.’
According to sources who spoke to Sperry, Barr has not demanded the documents from the intel agencies, rather he has simply requested the files hoping for their cooperation.
Trump’s 3rd year in the White House is coming to a close so Barr better hurry up because the Deep State is trying to run out the clock before the 2020 election.
Read Paul Sperry’s full report here to see the 8 candidates in the running to permanently replace Dan Coats.
BREAKING: U.S. Intel Gatekeeper Dragging Feet on Trump-Russia Files, Insiders Sayhttps://t.co/GAlmhBTz6e
— Paul Sperry (@paulsperry_) August 28, 2019