Judicial Watch Obtains FBI 302 Interviews with Bruce Ohr on Spygate – Here’s a Preview
Conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch obtained 34 pages of FBI 302 interviews with twice-demoted DOJ official Bruce Ohr about his contacts with dossier author Christopher Steele.
Bruce Ohr acted as a backchannel to the FBI after Christopher Steele was terminated as a CHS [Confidential Human Source] for his improper contacts with the media.
A 302 report is used by FBI agents to summarize notes taken while interviewing a subject.
The documents were released to Judicial Watch this evening and upon first review they show that Bruce Ohr was communicating with Christopher Steele via WhatsApp and FaceTime.
The newly released documents also show that Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson was talking directly to State Department official Victoria Nuland, which ties Hillary Clinton much closer to Spygate.
The 302 summaries of interviews with Bruce Ohr were taken by Special Agent Joe Pientka (the same agent who was present when General Flynn was ambushed by the FBI).
Here’s a preview via Judicial Watch:
- On November 22, 2016, Bruce Ohr said that “reporting on Trump’s ties to Russia were going to the Clinton Campaign, Jon Winer at the U.S. State Department and the FBI.”
In late September 2016, Ohr describes a person (likely Christopher Steele) as “desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being the U.S. President.”
“Ohr knew that [Fusion GPS’s] Glen Simpson and others talking to Victoria Nuland at the U.S. State Department.”
- Glenn Simpson directed a person whose is redacted to speak to the press. It appears as if the press that person went to was the far left leaning Mother Jones.
On December 5, 2016, Ohr promised to “voluntarily” give his wife Nellie Ohr’s Fusion GPS research to the FBI. He also provided the FBI with a report on Paul Manafort titled, “Manafort Chronology.”
- On December 12, 2016 Simpson gave Ohr a thumb drive with Fusion GPS research on it. Ohr claims to not know what is on that drive. During the meeting Simpson, based evidently on a meeting with Glenn Simpson, identified Michael Cohen, President Trump’s former personal lawyer as having “many Russian clients.” Simpson also told Ohr that Cohen, “may have” attended a meeting in Prague.
- Ohr describes Simpson directing someone to talk to the Mother Jones reporter “as it was Simpson’s Hail Mary attempt.”
- On December 20, 2016, Ohr provided the FBI with his wife’s Nellie Ohr’s Fusion GPS research, “which contained the totality” of her work “but the Fusion GPS header was stripped.”
- On January 23, 2017, Ohr tells the FBI that Steele told him that Steele “spoke with a staff member of Senator John McCain’s office sometime prior to October 2016.”
- The FBI interviews show that Ohr texted and talked to Christopher Steele using the WhatsApp application.
- On Feb. 14, 2017, Ohr tells the FBI that Steele communicated with him via Facetime that Steele was “beginning to worry about his business.” Steele discussed brokering new business with the FBI and told Ohr, ‘You may see me re-emerge in a couple of weeks.
“This new Bruce Ohr FBI 302s show an unprecedented and irregular effort by the FBI, DOJ, and State Department to dig up dirt on President Trump using the conflicted Bruce Ohr, his wife, and the Clinton/DNC spies at Fusion GPS,” stated Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “The FISA courts weren’t informed of this corrupted process when they were asked to approve and reapprove extraordinary spy warrants targeting President Trump.”
— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) August 9, 2019
Once again Judicial Watch is doing the heavy lifting. You can support Tom Fitton and his team at Judicial Watch by clicking here.