Trump Pulls Ambassador Nomination of State Department Official Who Communicated with Dossier Author Christopher Steele and Bruce Ohr
Kathleen Ann Kavalec
A State Department official named Kathleen Ann Kavalec, who was awaiting confirmation to be a US Ambassador to Albania previously communicated with dossier author Christopher Steele and supplied information to top DOJ official Bruce Ohr before and after the 2016 presidential election.
Ms. Kavalec’s nomination was withdrawn recently by President Trump after emails surfaced showing she personally met with and communicated with the coup plotters, according to a senior White House official who spoke with investigative reporter Sara Carter.
Kavalec donated $250 to Barack Obama in 2012 and donated $250 to Hillary Clinton in 2016.
Sara Carter reported:
Kavalec, as well as her colleague Jonathan Winer, a former assistant to former Secretary of State John Kerry, supplied information they had collected from Steele to Bruce Ohr, said sources familiar with the congressional investigations.
Ohr is a senior Department of Justice official who was used as a backchannel for the FBI after Steele was removed from the bureau for shopping his dossier to the media in 2016. His wife, Nellie Ohr, was working in 2016 as a contractor for Fusion GPS, who was hired by the Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC to compile the anti-trump dossier.
Rep. Mark Meadows dropped a bomb on the Deep State Monday night and revealed sitting ambassadors were involved in the coup to get Trump.
Meadows told Hannity, “There are players now, even ambassadors that are sitting ambassadors that were involved in part of this with the FBI and DOJ.”
Sara Carter obtained emails from November 21, 2016 that were exchanged between Bruce Ohr and Kathleen Ann Kavalec.
Kavalec referenced a Russian businessman by the name of “Simon Kukes” and Sergei Millian, a man who was a central (and reportedly an unwitting source) of the phony Russia dossier.
Via Sara Carter:
“Just re-looking at my notes from my convo with Chris Steele, I see that Chris and Kukes has some connection to Serge Millian, an emigre who is identified by FT as head of the Russian American Chamber of Commerce,” Kavalec told Ohr in the Nov. 21, 2016 email.
“According to what Chris said to me in early October, Millian has apparently disappeared,” i.e., left the U.S. and hasn’t been seen recently. I don’t know anything about Millian, but he is referenced in the FT story: https://ig.ft.com/sites/trumps-Russian-connections/
Ohr noted that the two had met regarding Steele’s information, which was later passed to the FBI.
“Kathy – thank you for taking the time to meet with us,” said Ohr in an email exchange on that day. “I really hope we can get something going here.”
Ohr was responding to an email Kavalec sent earlier in the day. Kukes “had left Russia because he said he was concerned he might be investigated- as I recall he said had gotten a summons to court on some issue.”
She also referenced several stories in Mother Jones and OpenSecrets.Org regarding then President Trump. She stated in one email, that “on this campaign donation story, I just wondered what, assuming this is true, the original source of the funding might have been. Best, Kathy.”
In January of this year, it was reported that Ms. Kavalec’s confirmation hearing was cancelled pending review of her involvement with Christopher Steele and Bruce Ohr by the Foreign Relations Committee, however it is now being reported for the first time that her nomination was withdrawn by the President.
This is just the tip of the iceberg — how many other ambassadors were working with the coup plotters and who are they??