BREAKING: Police Investigating Tip That Smollett and Nigerian Bros Were SEEN TOGETHER IN AN ELEVATOR the Night of Hate Hoax
Chicago police told reporters on Saturday that the they were no longer looking at ‘Empire’ star Jussie Smollett as a “victim” in his alleged assault. Police now view Smollett as an “active participant.”
Smollett retained two criminal defense attorneys as his claims about being attacked by “Trump supporters” continues to crumble.
One of Smollett’s high-powered criminal defense lawyers, Michael Monico, also represents Michael Cohen.
Fox reported Saturday afternoon that the Nigerian brothers who were “persons of interest” and questioned by police, bought the rope found around Jussie Smollett’s neck at a local hardware store.
Jussie Smollett paid for the rope — The Nigerian brothers were paid $3,500 before leaving for Nigeria and were promised another $500 as soon as they returned back to the US.
Smollett also had the Nigerian brothers purchase two red ball caps from Uptown Beauty Supply to wear during the attack so they would appear to be Trump supporters!
What a sick, conniving fraud!
NEW: Sources say at least one of the brothers purchased the rope used in Jussie Smollett incident at Crafty Beaver hardware store the weekend of Jan 25th.
— Charlie De Mar (@CharlieDeMar) February 17, 2019
Police are investigating a report that Smollett was seen with the brothers in an elevator the night of the attack!
The AP reported:
Chicago police are investigating a tip that on the night “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett reported being attacked by two masked men he was in an elevator of his apartment building with two brothers later arrested and released from custody in the probe, a department spokesman told The Associated Press Tuesday.
Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said the person who lives in the building or was visiting someone there reported seeing the three together the night in question last month. Smollett said two masked men hurled racial and homophobic slurs at him, beat him and looped a rope around his neck.
Guglielmi says police haven’t confirmed the person’s account. Detectives plan to interview the person on Tuesday.
Last week, police announced that the “investigation had shifted” following interviews with the brothers and their release from custody without charges. Police have requested another interview with Smollett. They have declined to comment on reports that the attack was a hoax.
Smollett’s lawyers have said the actor was angered and “victimized” by reports he may have played a role in staging the attack.
This was a well planned out hoax attack.
And Smollett kept the lies going all month.
He should do serious time.