Activist George W. Bush-Appointed Judge Orders Full Restart of Obama-Era DACA Program
U.S. District judge, John Bates, a George W. Bush appointee, ordered a full restart to Obama’s DACA program on Friday.
The Trump administration has attempted to unwind this dangerous Obama-era program, yet activist judges continue to block all efforts.
In fact, Judge John Bates ruled back in April that the Department of Homeland Security’s decision to end the Obama-era DACA “was unlawful and must be set aside.”
Judge Bates said DHS Nielsen’s memo “offers nothing even remotely approaching a considered legal assessment that this court could subject to judicial review,” Politico reported.
A D.C.-based federal judge on Friday ordered the Trump administration to restart in full the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
The decision is the latest legal blow against President Donald Trump’s decision to phase out the Obama-era program, which offers deportation relief to undocumented immigrants brought to the United States as children.
The restart won’t be immediate. U.S. District Judge John Bates said Friday that the order would be delayed until Aug. 23 to allow the government to appeal, but he denied a Justice Department motion to reconsider his earlier decision, saying there were still deficiencies in the administration’s rationale for rescinding DACA.
“The court has already once given DHS the opportunity to remedy these deficiencies — either by providing a coherent explanation of its legal opinion or by reissuing its decision for bona fide policy reasons that would preclude judicial review,” said Bates, “So it will not do so again.”
Bates in April became the third federal judge to order the administration to restart renewals for people previously approved for DACA.
He also threatened to vacate the memo ending DACA — and thereby restore the program in full — if Trump officials could not present an adequate reason for ending it.
In a 25-page opinion Friday, Bates, an appointee of former President George W. Bush, rejected the administration’s argument that the original decision to end DACA remained sound.
Specifically, he criticized a June memo issued by Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen. In the memo, Nielsen said she stood by the legal rationale laid out in a Sept. 5 directive from then-acting Secretary Elaine Duke.
If Judge Bates’ Friday ruling goes into effect later this month, the Trump administration will be required to accept new DACA applications.
The DACA showdown is here.
In early September, President Trump announced an end to the Obama-era program that grants work permits to illegal immigrants who arrived in this country illegally with their lawbreaking parents or guardians.
President of Judicial Watch, Tom Fitton followed Trump’s announcement with a statement saying the Obama administration bypassed security background checks for DACA recipients which of course puts Americans in danger.
Not only do these illegal aliens cost the American taxpayers billions of dollars, they are incredibly dangerous as well. Just like the Syrian ‘refugees’, we don’t know who they really are.
The median age of a DACA recipient is 23 years old. They are not hopeless babies and toddlers like the media would like you to believe.
Many DREAMers are of voting age and WILL VOTE DEMOCRAT. The ones who have yet to be of voting age will most certainly vote Democrat and permanently entrench the Democrat party.
The American people voted for Donald Trump to stop this invasion of illegal aliens.
The abuse from unelected officials from the bench must stop.