POTUS Trump SCOOPS New York Times — Hits Liberal Paper Hard Before They Can Publish Latest Mueller Leak
On Saturday, the fake news New York Times published all 20 pages of a confidential memo Trump’s lawyers sent Robert Mueller in January.
On Saturday, The New York Times published a confidential memo written by Trump’s lawyers to Mueller dated January 29, 2018.
Mr. Trump’s lawyers hand-delivered a 20-page confidential letter to Mr. Mueller in January. The letter was a response to his request that Mr. Trump agree to be questioned about allegations that he committed obstruction of justice. The lawyers argued that Mr. Mueller does not need to talk to the president and laid out a series of claims that foreshadow a potential fight over a subpoena, were the special counsel to try to force the president to testify.
The Times obtained a copy of the letter as well as an earlier one sent to Mr. Mueller in June 2017, a month after he was appointed, which argues that “there is no statutory or constitutional basis for any obstruction charge” based on Mr. Trump’s firing of James B. Comey as F.B.I. director.
The intro of the letter via the NY Times:
This letter will address the recent request by your office for an interview with the President and our discussions with you concerning the same on November 21, 2017, and January 8, 2018.
In our conversation of January 8, your office identified the following topics as areas you desired to address with the President in order to complete your investigation on the subjects of alleged collusion and obstruction of justice:
- Former National Security Advisor Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn — information regarding his contacts with Ambassador Kislyak about sanctions during the transition process;
- Lt. Gen. Flynn’s communications with Vice President Michael Pence regarding those contacts;
- Lt. Gen. Flynn’s interview with the FBI regarding the same;
- Then-Acting Attorney General Sally Yates coming to the White House to discuss same;
- The President’s meeting on February 14, 2017, with then-Director James Comey;
- Any other relevant information regarding former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn;
- The President’s awareness of and reaction to investigations by the FBI, the House and the Senate into possible collusion;
- The President’s reaction to Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ recusal from the Russia investigation;
- The President’s reaction to Former FBI Director James Comey’s testimony on March 20, 2017, before the House Intelligence Committee;
- Information related to conversations with intelligence officials generally regarding ongoing investigations;
- Information regarding who the President had had conversations with concerning Mr. Comey’s performance;
- Whether or not Mr. Comey’s May 3, 2017, testimony lead to his termination;
- Information regarding communications with Ambassador Kislyak, Minister Lavrov, and Lester Holt;
- The President’s reaction to the appointment of Robert Mueller as Special Counsel;
- The President’s interaction with Attorney General Sessions as it relates to the appointment of Special Counsel; and,
- The statement of July 8, 2017, concerning Donald Trump, Jr.’s meeting in Trump Tower.
It is our understanding that the reason behind the request for the interview is to allow the Special Counsel’s office to complete its report. After reviewing the list of topics you presented, it is abundantly clear to the undersigned that all of the answers to your inquiries are contained in the exhibits and testimony that have already been voluntarily provided to you by the White House and witnesses, all of which clearly show that there was no collusion with Russia, and that no FBI investigation was or even could have been obstructed.
President Trump fired off a tweet shortly before the New York Times published the confidential memo from his lawyers.
Trump asked if the DOJ or the Office of Special Counsel leaked his lawyers’ letters to the New York Times.
Trump tweeted: There was No Collusion with Russia (except by the Democrats). When will this very expensive Witch Hunt Hoax ever end? So bad for our Country. Is the Special Counsel/Justice Department leaking my lawyers letters to the Fake News Media? Should be looking at Dems corruption instead?
There was No Collusion with Russia (except by the Democrats). When will this very expensive Witch Hunt Hoax ever end? So bad for our Country. Is the Special Counsel/Justice Department leaking my lawyers letters to the Fake News Media? Should be looking at Dems corruption instead?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 2, 2018
The President fired off his tweet before the New York Times dropped their piece.
NY Times reporter Michael Schmidt complained the president tried to preempt them….
The president tried to preempt us .. SCOOP: Trump’s lawyers hand delivered a 20 page confidential letter to Mueller in January. We have obtained it and here is our story: w/@maggieNYT @charlie_savage @mattapuzzo https://t.co/1SqsoV8SoA https://t.co/7N4kwsvSJd
— Michael S. Schmidt (@nytmike) June 2, 2018
Mueller’s witch hunt has cost taxpayers over $17 million to date. Leaks about the Russia witch hunt have plagued President Trump the entire year Mueller has been conducting his unconstitutional witch hunt.
Of course, this is all by design to undermine President Trump.