House Intel Chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA) is calling for 17 FBI and DOJ officials to testify on Capitol Hill about FISA abuse during the 2016 presidential election.
FBI lovebirds Lisa Page and Peter Strzok are among the officials Nunes is calling to testify.
Fox News reported:
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., wants 17 current and former FBI or Justice Department officials to testify on Capitol Hill about possible government surveillance abuse during the 2016 election, including fired FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe and embattled FBI official Peter Strzok.
In a letter obtained by Fox News, Nunes requests that the joint task force of the Oversight and Judiciary Committees take steps to interview these officials because they may “have relevant information.”
The House Intelligence Committee does not have direct oversight over the FBI and the DOJ, so testimony is more likely to be compelled by referring names to the Oversight and Judiciary Committees.
“For the sake of transparency and to keep the American people as fully informed as possible about these matters, the task force should consider interviewing these individuals in an open setting,” Nunes wrote in the Friday letter to House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy and House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte.
In the letter, Nunes is also calling for Trump-hating FBI lawyers Sally Moyer and Kevin Clinesmith, who were recently unmasked my Chairman Meadows in a Congressional hearing with Inspector General Michael Horowitz to testify.
Another official named by Nunes is the FBI agent who was present at the General Flynn ambush with Peter Strzok, Joe Pientka. Rosenstein has fiercely worked to block Pientka from testifying.
Senator Grassley previously sent two letters to a defiant Rosenstein attempting to schedule a time for Joe Pientka to testify.
According to Sara Carter, Joe Pientka has key pieces of evidence that can further prove General Flynn was being truthful in his ambush interview.
The full list of 17 FBI, DOJ officials named by Chairman Nunes include:
- Trisha Anderson, DOJ lawyer
- James Baker, former FBI general counsel
- Gregory Brower, former FBI congressional liaison
- John Carlin, former head of the DOJ’s national security division
- Kevin Clinesmith, FBI lawyer
- Tashina Gauhar, DOJ official
- David Laufman, former head of DOJ’s counterintelligence division
- Andrew McCabe, former FBI deputy director
- Mary McCord, former DOJ lawyer
- Jonathan Moffa, FBI official
- Sally Moyer, FBI lawyer
- Bruce Ohr, former associate deputy attorney general
- Lisa Page, former FBI lawyer
- Joseph Pientka, FBI agent
- E.W. “Bill” Priestap, assistant director of the FBI counterintelligence division
- Peter Strzok, FBI agent
- George Toscas, DOJ official
Here is the letter with the list of people Nunes is calling to testify on Capitol Hill: