On Monday New Yorker Magazine revealed New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman was accused of physical abuse by four women.
Things moved quickly. Schneiderman stepped down shortly after Governor Cuomo called for his resignation.
Cuomo also called for an investigation into Schneiderman and a few hours later the Manhattan DA announced they opened a probe into the disgraced Attorney General.
The New York Post reported:
The Manhattan District Attorney’s office said on Monday night that they were probing Attorney General Eric Schneiderman after explosive assault allegations were launched against him in a New Yorker article.
“Our office has opened an investigation into the recently reported allegations concerning Mr. Schneiderman,” said a spokesman for District Attorney Cy Vance.
Oddly enough, Schneiderman had been looking into Vance’s office, concerning how he handled sexual assault allegations against Harvey Weinstein in 2015.
Schneiderman immediately released a statement on Monday evening accusing the women of lying.
The New York Attorney General is denying the allegations.
“In the privacy of intimate relationships I have engaged in role-playing and other consensual sexual activity. I have not assaulted anyone. I have never engaged in non-consensual sex, which is a line I would not cross.,” Schneiderman said in a statement.
This was a huge blow to Mueller’s team being the special counsel brought on Schneiderman last summer as a hired gun to take down Trump and Manafort.