The Muslim Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan declared a new knife control policy as stabbings in London soar to unprecedented levels.
This of course completely crushes the ‘guns cause violence’ narrative the left pushes since the UK has some of the strictest gun laws in the world.
Islamic terrorist attacks are on the rise in London because of dangerous immigration laws, yet people like Sadiq Khan and the Met Police Chief are blaming social media for the rise in violence.
In fact, London’s murder rate is higher than New York City’s for the first time ever.
Sadiq Khan’s answer is to turn London into a police state (more than it already is).
You just can’t make this stuff up.
Since 2016, Sadiq Khan has been taking action to tackle the scourge of violent crime in London, together with the Met Police. With the tragic rise in knife killings on our streets this year, he’s introduced tough, immediate measures to address the violence.
The Mayor is determined to ensure criminals are caught and punished – but he’s also investing millions in tackling the complex root causes of violent crime to help prevent future deaths.
Here’s what the Mayor is doing:
Boosting police power
- A new violent crime taskforce of 120 officers has been created using additional funding from City Hall announced by the Mayor in February. The taskforce will focus solely on violent crime, weapon-enabled crime and serious criminality.
- The Met Police has introduced targeted patrols with extra stop and search powers for areas worst-affected by knife crime
- The Mayor is protecting the number of frontline police officers on London’s streets byinvesting £110m in the Met Police.
- Police made more than 900 arrests during Operation Winter Nights in November and December, taking more than 350 weapons off London’s streets
Preventing future violence
- In February Mayor created the £45m Young Londoners Fund to help steer young people away from violent crime
- Knife wands are now available for every school in London to help keep young people safe, with 150 schools so far taking up the offer
- The widely shared London Needs You Alive campaign brings together role models and youth influencers to send a positive message to young people – that they shouldn’t put their lives at risk by carrying a knife
- The Mayor’s granted £7 million to projects to combat youth violence across London and £250,000 to community groups and grassroots initiatives
- The Mayor is working to bring in more Safer Schools Officers to help to drive down knife crime in schools
The Muslim Mayor of London proudly tweeted his new knife control law.
Sadiq Khan tweeted: “No excuses: there is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law.”
No excuses: there is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law. https://t.co/XILUvIFLOW
— Mayor of London (@MayorofLondon) April 8, 2018
So now Londoners cannot carry guns or knives.
Of course the criminals and Muslim gangs will continue to carry weapons so the law abiding citizens of London are sitting ducks with no way to defend themselves.
This is of course by design.
Americans must defend their 2A rights now more than ever so we don’t become Londonistan.