Can anyone point to an investigator on special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe who isn’t either hostile towards President Trump or a bonfire Democrat?
A new report by the Daily Caller reveals an attorney on Mueller’s team, Aaron Zelinsky, was not only a Huffington Post blogger, but has donated to Democrat candidates.
“I’m a Democrat,” Zelinsky wrote on November 7th, 2012.
Daily Caller reports:
Aaron Zelinsky, a self-described Democrat, wrote nearly 50 articles as a contributor for the liberal news outlet from 2009 to 2014.
A review of his articles shows that he supported President Barack Obama’s efforts to close Guantanamo Bay, opposed President George W. Bush’s policy on torture, wrote in defense of gun control and argued for government-imposed limits on how much corporate executives can earn. […]
Zelinsky expressed support for Democratic candidate John Kerry before a 2004 general election debate. “From one Yale debater to another: Good luck, senator. I’m rooting for you,” he wrote in The Hartford Courant. And he had encouraging words for Obama, wishing him good luck before a 2012 debate against Republican challenger Mitt Romney. “Stay relaxed up there,” Zelinsky wrote in a column. “You did the debate thing in 2008; it’s a piece of cake. No sweat.” […]
In addition, Federal Elections Commission records, which only list contributions made at the federal level, show that nine of the 16 publicly-disclosed lawyers on the Mueller team have donated to Democratic candidates.
As The Gateway Pundit’s Joe Hoft reported, Zelinsky, worked as an attorney on detail from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the District of Maryland. — He worked under Assistant Attorney General Rod Rosenstein in Maryland.
Hoft put together one of most comprehensive lists in all the media highlighting potential political bias on Mueller’s probe.
It’s a must read.
The Entire Mueller Investigative Team
- Rush Atkinson, an attorney on detail from the Criminal Division’s Fraud Section at the Department of Justice
— Donated $200 to Clinton in 2016
- Peter Carr – DOJ spokesman under Barack Obama.
- Andrew Goldstein, a public corruption prosecutor on detail from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of New York
— Worked under Trump-basher Preet Bharara in the liberal New York southern district.
- Adam Jed, an appellate attorney on detail from DOJ’s Civil Division. — Defended Obamacare at the DOJ.
- Elizabeth Prelogar, an appellate attorney on detail from the Office of the Solicitor General. -Fluent in Russian; former law clerk to Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Elena Kagan.
- James Quarles, a former partner at WilmerHale and a former assistant special prosecutor for the Watergate Special Prosecution Force. –Former assistant special prosecutor on the Watergate Special Prosecution Force.
- Jeannie Rhee, a former partner at WilmerHale who has served in the Office of Legal Counsel at DOJ and as an assistant U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia. — Rhee is a Clinton Foundation Lawyer and former Deputy Assistant Attorney General in the Office of Legal Counsel under Barack Obama.
- Brandon Van Grack, an attorney on detail from the Justice Department’s National Security Division.
— Led a grand jury inquiry in Northern Virginia scrutinizing former Trump associate Michael Flynn’s foreign lobbying.
- Aaron Zebley, a former partner at WilmerHale who has previously served with Mueller at the FBI and has served as an assistant U.S. attorney in the Eastern District of Virginia. — Worked with Robert Mueller at the WilmerHale firm.
- Zainab Ahmad, a top national security prosecutor on detail from U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of New York.
- Michael Dreeben, an appellate attorney on detail from the Office of the Solicitor General, described by former colleagues as one of the brightest criminal law experts of the past two generations.