Chairman Nunes CRUSHES Schiff’s Memo With Point by Point Refutation
On Saturday, Democratic members of the House Intelligence Committee released their rebuttal to the Nunes memo. The counter-memo claims “FBI and DOJ officials did not ‘abuse’ the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) process, omit material information, or subvert this vital tool to spy on the Trump campaign.”
Some of the key points in the Dem spin memo via Zerohedge:
- The Steele Dossier was not the catalyst for launching the Trump-Russia probe
- The rationale for surveilling Carter Page was carefully weighed.
- The Nunes memo used classified information selectively and included distortions and misrepresentations
- Papadopoulos’ role as the original catalyst for the Trump-Russia investigation outlined.
- DOJ’s FISA application was carefully vetted and wasn’t used to spy on Trump or his campaign
- Steele’s information about Page’s contacts with Kremlin insiders like Sechin was consistent with Papadopoulos information
- DOJ was transparent with the court about Steele’s role and why he had reliable information
- Nunes memo’s references to Ohr are misleading and the Strzok/Page texts are irrelevant.
Read the full junk memo here.
House Intel Committee Chairman Nunes responded to the Dem spin memo on Saturday in an official statement (screenshot below):
Nunes also refuted the Dem memo point by point with a 5 page response via the House Intelligence site. (screenshot below):
Lights out Adam Schiff!
— Nick Short 🇺🇸 (@PoliticalShort) February 24, 2018