BREAKING: Vegas Shooter’s Girlfriend Considered a ‘Person of Interest’ in Investigation
In a bizarre turn of events, NBC News reported Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock wired $100,000 to the Philippines one week before Sunday’s mass murder.
Marilou Danley traveled to Hong Kong from the Philippines last Monday the 25th. Her boyfriend Stephen Paddock went to the Manalay Bay Hotel on last Thursday to prepare for his mass killing at the country music festival.
Police said Tuesday afternoon that they considered Danley a person of interest in the investigation, according to Fox News.
As previously reported, Danley moved into an apartment owned by Paddock in February 2013. Her divorce was finalized in 2015.
Australian media said she was on vacation in the Philippines with three girlfriends.
During her divorce, Marilou Danley listed a downtown Reno unit at the Montage on Sierra Street as her address. At the time, the unit was owned by shooting suspect Stephen Paddock. Court records indicated that she started living at the address in August 2013. Paddock sold the condominium in December 2016.
According the ABS-CBN Danley was in Manila, Philippines and then flew to Hong Kong for a short trip.
Bureau of Immigration (BI) officials at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport confirmed that Marilou Danley, said to be gunman Stephen Paddock’s girlfriend, arrived in Manila from Hong Kong on Sept. 25 via Cebu Pacific flight 5J 115.
Based on immigration records, she had flown from Manila on Sept. 22 for a 4-day trip to Hong Kong via Cebu Pacific flight 5J 108. It remains unclear where she came from before her Manila- Hong Kong- Manila trip.
Investigators are looking into whether Paddock sent the cash to Danley amid conflicting reports she’s in either the Philippines or Japan, the officials said.In addition, a U.S. government source told Fox News that federal investigators have interviewed an “immediate relative” of Paddock’s girlfriend. This relative said the family found Paddock “unstable,” and he made relatives “uncomfortable.” FBI officials declined to comment on this interview.
Investigators noted the money crossing hands was a significant amount and authorities were trying to uncover who received the cash and where it currently is. It was not immediately clear when the money was transferred.
Senior law enforcement in the Philippines also confirmed to Fox News that they are reviewing a photo that was taken around 2012 or 2013 purportedly showing Paddock in the country.
Law enforcement in the Philippines told Fox News that they are looking into Paddock’s potential past visits and they have been contacted by the FBI.
Read the full report by Fox News here.
More information about the shooter and details unfolding surrounding Paddock as The Guardian reported:
- A total of 59 people have died, not including the suspect, and 527 people have been injured.
- Police said authorities found several pounds of ammonium nitrate, a material used to make explosives, in the suspect’s car.
- At least 17 guns were found in the hotel room of the shooter.
- The shooter is believed to have fired roughly 500 yards from his hotel room to the site of the concert.
- The suspect had a girlfriend, who is currently in Tokyo, according to police, who are continuing to investigate her and plan to meet with her when she returns.
- Police are preparing to raid another property of the suspect in Reno, Nevada.
- Authorities still have no information to share about a possible motive for the shooting.