Conservative Mark Levin on Obama Wiretapping: “Trump Is the Victim – These Are Police State Tactics!” (Video)
Mark Levin: “Trump Is the Victim – These Are Police State Tactics”
Conservative author and radio host weighed in on the Obama wiretapping scandal Sunday morning on FOX and Friends Weekend.
Levin told the panel, “Trump is the victim… These are police state tactics.”
Mark Levin: “Donald Trump is being attacked here. Donald Trump is the victim. His campaign is the victim. His Transition Team is the victim. his surrogates are the victim. These are police state tactics… If this would have been done to Barack Obama all hell would break lose.”
Earlier on FOX and Friends Weekend Mark Levin layed out a timeline of actions by the Obama administration and government agencies to wiretap the Republican nominee during the election.
This was DEVASTATING.
Via FOX and Friends Weekend:
Conservative Treehouse released a timeline of the unlawful spying by the Obama administration on the opposition party’s candidate in Trump Tower.
The list includes the revelation that the Obama administration continued to spy on Trump Tower and opposition party after October even after no evidence was found of wrongdoing.
1. June 2016: FISA request. The Obama administration files a request with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISA) to monitor communications involving Donald Trump and several advisers. The request, uncharacteristically, is denied.
2. July: Russia joke. Wikileaks releases emails from the Democratic National Committee that show an effort to prevent Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) from winning the presidential nomination. In a press conference, Donald Trump refers to Hillary Clinton’s own missing emails, joking: “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 e-mails that are missing.” That remark becomes the basis for accusations by Clinton and the media that Trump invited further hacking.
3. October: Podesta emails. In October, Wikileaks releases the emails of Clinton campaign chair John Podesta, rolling out batches every day until the election, creating new mini-scandals. The Clinton campaign blames Trump and the Russians.
4. October: FISA request. The Obama administration submits a new, narrow request to the FISA court, now focused on a computer server in Trump Tower suspected of links to Russian banks. No evidence is found — but the wiretaps continue, ostensibly for national security reasons, Andrew McCarthy at National Review later notes. The Obama administration is now monitoring an opposing presidential campaign using the high-tech surveillance powers of the federal intelligence services.
5. January 2017: Buzzfeed/CNN dossier. Buzzfeed releases, and CNN reports, a supposed intelligence “dossier” compiled by a foreign former spy. It purports to show continuous contact between Russia and the Trump campaign, and says that the Russians have compromising information about Trump. None of the allegations can be verified and some are proven false. Several media outlets claim that they had been aware of the dossier for months and that it had been circulating in Washington.
The dossier included inaccurate accusations of businessman Trump on Russian hookers. The dossier was complete rubbage.
Read the rest here.