This upset many politicos including RINO Speaker Paul Ryan who found it necessary to lecture Trump:
“This is not who we are.”
Advertisement - story continues below
In April 2016 a poll found that a majority of Americans now support a ban on Muslims entering the United States.
Today President Trump is expected to ban immigrants from Syria and six other dangerous Muslim countries.
The Daily Mail reported:
President Donald Trump will start rolling out executive actions on immigration Wednesday – beginning with an order to start building his wall along the border with Mexico.
The president is also expected to take action over the next few days to temporarily ban immigration from Muslim countries deemed a ‘threat to national security’ – namely Syria, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, Sudan, and Somalia.
In addition, Trump is set to sign other domestic immigration enforcement measures that will include targeting sanctuary cities that decline to prosecute undocumented aliens.
Another key policy shift being discussed is whether to scrap rules protecting hundreds of thousands of children of illegal immigrants from deportation.
In total over the next few days, Trump is expected to:
- Direct federal funds toward the construction of a wall along the southern border
- Target so-called ‘sanctuary’ cities that decline to prosecute undocumented aliens
Measures still being finalized and subject to change include:
- A four-month freeze on admission of all refugees
- Grant exceptions to Christians and other minorities fleeing Muslim persecution
- Halt visas to people from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen because the Muslim-majority countries are ‘terror prone’
- The visa bans would last at least 30 days while vetting processes are reviewed
- Stop protecting illegal immigrants who arrived in the US as children from deportation