At least 11 Measles cases were confirmed this week in Pinal County Arizona.
The outbreak was traced back to an immigrant shelter.
In the not too distant past the US would check immigrants for disease before they were allowed to enter the country.
That no longer is the case with our open borders.
Advertisement - story continues below
Several more cases were reported in Pinal County stemming from the outbreak last week at an immigrant detention center.
The patients attended church, went to a graduation, a Safeway, Denny’s restaurant and a local casino.
Tri Valley Central reported:
Health officials say more measles cases have been reported in Pinal County stemming from an outbreak last week at a private detention center in Eloy.
This brings the total number of confirmed cases to 11. Officials say Eloy Detention Center, which houses undocumented immigrants, has taken steps to prevent further spread of the highly contagious disease. Cases of the disease were reported last week in an inmate and employee at the facility.
Health officials have issued a community-wide health alert for Pinal County as one of the new cases visited multiple locations in and around Casa Grande from May 15 through May 22.
“It’s extremely important that people who have a rash and fever call their health care provider or emergency department ahead of time to let them know they may have measles,” said Dr. Cara Christ, director of the Arizona Department of Health Services. “This will help stop the spread of measles, especially to those who are more at risk of developing complications.”
Public exposure for the new cases include:
– Multiple visits to Apostolic Assembly — The Faith, 424 E. Frontier St. in Eloy on May 15 from 1 until 5 p.m., May 16 from 6 until 10 p.m. and May 18, from 7 until 10:30 p.m.
* May 17: Villa Oasis High School graduation, 3740 N. Toltec Road in Eloy from 6 until 9 p.m.
* May 18: Cottonwood Medical Center, 560 N. Camino Mercado, Unit 7, in Casa Grande from 1 to 5:30 p.m.
* Denny’s, 1851 E Florence Blvd Casa Grande, from 2 to 5:30 p.m.
* Wal-Mart Pharmacy, 1741 E Florence Blvd Casa Grande, from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Previously reported public exposure from another case includes:
* May 19: Wal-Mart Pharmacy, 1741 E Florence Blvd Casa Grande, from 5 to 8 p.m.
* May 20, 2016 and May 29, 2016: Circle K, 2382 N. Pinal Ave, Casa Grande.
* May 20: Safeway, 1449 N Arizona Blvd, Coolidge, from 4 to 7 p.m.
Golden Corral, 2064 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, from 8 to 11 p.m.
Ross, 1004 N Promenade Pkwy, Casa Grande, from 9 p.m. to midnight.
Wal-Mart, 1741 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Corner Store, 2182 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.
* May 21: Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino, 15406 N. Maricopa Road, from approximately 6 p.m. until 2 a.m. Sunday.
* May 22: ARCO AM/PM store, 2245 E. Florence Blvd. in Casa Grande, from 8:30 until 11 a.m.
* May 27: Cheddars, 2530 W Chandler Blvd, Chandler, from 5 to to 9 p.m.