Businessman Donald Trump released his immigration plan today.
Trump’s plan includes a border wall with an explanation on how Mexico would help fund the project.
This is Trump's newly released plan on immigration https://t.co/A1CmMlEIad
— Capitol Report (@capitolreport) August 16, 2015
Trump told NBC today that he would keep illegal immigrant families together and ship them back to their home countries.
Among the bullet points that can be drawn out on first perusal of the immigration-reform scheme:
• Trump wants a wall constructed along the U.S.’s southern border. (“The Mexican government has taken the United States to the cleaners. They are responsible for this problem, and they must help pay to clean it up.”)
• If Mexico cannot be made to pay outright for this secured border, a Trump administration would seek to impound remittances and increase visa fees for Mexican corrporate executives and diplomats.
• As president, Trump would triple the number of Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers.
• Trump would end “birthright citizenship.”
• A Trump administration would raise the prevailing wage paid to holders of H-1B visas.
• As president, Trump would put in place a nationwide a nationwide online worker-eligibility — a.k.a., e-verify — program.
• American workers would be given top priority under Trump’s plan, which states that nearly 40% of black teenagers are unemployed today, while nearly 30% of Hispanic teenagers are unemployed. (“The influx of foreign workers holds down salaries, keeps unemployment high, and makes it difficult for poor and working class Americans — including immigrants themselves and their children — to earn a middle class wage.”)
Trump says would raise visa fees to pay for Mexican border wall http://t.co/h1jYaDZJXq
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) August 16, 2015