SHOCK REPORT!… Within 24 Hours Obama Administration Knew Benghazi Attacks Were Work of Al-Qaeda (Video)
Within hours of the 9-11 Benghazi Consulate attacks the Obama Administration knew that it was the work of Al-Qaeda. For days the administration told reporters that the consulate attack was the related to an offensive YouTube. Yet at the same time the administration was privately circulating a document with a very different opinion on the murderous attack.
Catherine Herridge from FOX News reported:
“There was this private narrative you see in the intelligence community where they separate what happened in Libya from this YouTube clip and then you have this public narrative that you have from this administration. And I got a hold of this Homeland Security Assessment. It talks about the scope of the demonstrations in the first week after 9-11 and what’s interesting to me is that this intelligence document makes no mention of the YouTube clip. So again, that’s sort of the private narrative but the public narrative from this administration has been that the clip has really prompted the assault not only in Libya but elsewhere in the Middle East.”
Now there is information that the Obama Administration knew within hours that the consulate attacks were the work of Al-Qaeda. Yet they pushed the narrative for a week that it was a spontaneous protest in reaction to a YouTube video.
The Daily Beast reported:
Within 24 hours of the 9-11 anniversary attack on the United States consulate in Benghazi, U.S. intelligence agencies had strong indications al Qaeda–affiliated operatives were behind the attack, and had even pinpointed the location of one of those attackers. Three separate U.S. intelligence officials who spoke to The Daily Beast said the early information was enough to show that the attack was planned and the work of al Qaeda affiliates operating in Eastern Libya.
Nonetheless, it took until late last week for the White House and the administration to formally acknowledge that the Benghazi assault was a terrorist attack. On Sunday, Obama adviser Robert Gibbs explained the evolving narrative as a function of new information coming in quickly on the attacks. “We learned more information every single day about what happened,” Gibbs said on Fox News. “Nobody wants to get to the bottom of this faster than we do.”
The intelligence officials who spoke to The Daily Beast did so anonymously because they weren’t authorized to speak to the press. They said U.S. intelligence agencies developed leads on four of the participants of the attacks within 24 hours of the fire fight that took place mainly at an annex near the Benghazi consulate. For one of those individuals, the U.S. agencies were able to find his location after his use of social media. “We had two kinds of intelligence on one guy,” this official said. “We believe we had enough to target him.”
Another U.S. intelligence official said, “There was very good information on this in the first 24 hours. These guys have a return address. There are camps of people and a wide variety of things we could do.”
A spokesman for the National Security Council declined to comment for the story. But another U.S. intelligence official said, “I can’t get into specific numbers but soon after the attack we had a pretty good bead on some individuals involved in the attack.”
The Obama Administration decided to play politics after the worst terror attack on US soil in years.