Ed Driscoll’s “Starting From Zero”
A special Lady Liberty post…
It gives me great pleasure to announce that Ed Driscoll is kicking off his ninth year of blogging with a two part video series. It’s titled “Starting From Zero”. Ed’s blog is one of my favorites and part of my daily blog roll. I’m certain you will find his writing style as entertaining and informative as I do.
To officially kick off another year of blogging, here’s our latest Silicon Graffiti video, the first of a two part series, in which we look at several attempts by the left to, as Tom Wolfe would say, “Start from Zero,” and hit the CTL-ALT-DLT keys on western civilization. We’ll explore:
- The rapid social and technological gains western civilization was making in the 19th century before…
- …The arrival of Marx, Nietzsche, and other nascent “progressives,” to upset mankind’s Etch-a-Sketch.
- Nietzsche’s 1882 “God is Dead” aphorism, which ol’ Friedrich definitely considered to be a two-edged sword.
- How World War I set the stage for the rest of the horrors of the 20th century, via a quote from Jonah Goldberg’s Liberal Fascism.
- A la Woody Allen in Annie Hall, an awards ceremony for the most bloodthirsty leftwing tyrant of the 20th century.
- How the Bauhaus and other elements of the Weimar Republic were helping Germany “Start from Zero,” even before the Nazis arrived.
And tune in next week, when we go Forward into the past, and watch the left punitively decide that if they can’t get mankind to start from zero, they can take things away for the common good, to paraphrase Hillary, and return us, piecemeal to zero.
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary, Ed. May you have many, many more.
UPDATE: (Jim) I’d like to echo Lady Liberty and congratulate Ed Driscoll on his very successful nine years of blogging.