During their years in the White House the Clintons set an impressive record.
The Clinton Administration was the most corrupt administration in White House history.
They put together a stunning record:
* Number close to the Clinton machine who have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes: 44
* Number of convictions during his administration: 33
* Number of indictments/misdemeanor charges: 61
* Number of imprisonments: 14
* Number of presidential impeachments: 1
* Number of independent counsel investigations: 7
* Number of congressional witnesses pleading the 5th Amendment: 72
* Number of witnesses fleeing the country to avoid testifying: 17
* Number of foreign witnesses who have declined interviews by investigative bodies: 19
The Clinton machine now holds the record for the administration with:
* The most number of convictions and guilty pleas
* The most number of cabinet members to come under criminal investigation
* The most number of witnesses to flee the country or refuse to testify
* The most number of key witnesses to die suddenly
* The greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
* The greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad.
Advertisement - story continues below
This was one of those stellar records you never thought would be broken during your lifetime.
But, there is now HOPE.
The Obama Administration is out to a roaring start.
In its first 10 days on the job Team “O” has already put together quite a list:
** Obama’s Attorney General pick Eric Holder is tied to the Marc Rich scandal.
** Obama’s Health and Human Services secretary pick Tom Daschle is a tax dodger.
** Obama’s Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner is a tax dodger and lied about it.
** Obama’s Commerce Secretary pick Bill Richardson is engulfed in a pay for play scandal and was forced to step down.
** Obama’s Climate Czar, radical socialist Carol Browner, oversaw the destruction of EPA computer files in brazen violation of a federal judge’s order requiring the agency to preserve its records.
** And, the governor of his home state Hot Rod Blagojevich was F****** impeached.
It’s been an impressive start for the Obama team.
UPDATE: Nahanni has more on the first days of Obama rule.