ACORN Funding Stuffed Back In Stimulus Bill By Dem Leaders
ACORN funding is back in.
…Millions of dollars to ACORN!
Michelle Malkin reported on the recent additions to the Spendulus Bill after democrats held their closed-door meeting yesterday:
– $9 billion for school construction was added back in (originally cut by Nelson-Collins)
· $5 billion increase for the state fiscal stabilization fund (originally cut by Nelson-Collins), making it a grand total of $53.6 billion
· $2 billion for neighborhood stabilization program, money for groups like ACORN
· $1 billion added back for Prevention & Wellness Programs, including STD education
· Federal Coordinating Council for Comparative Effectiveness Research was added back in, leading Americans down the path towards healthcare rationing (63 patient advocacy groups signed a letter voicing their concerns with this provision)
(BUT, NOT INFRASTRUCTURE)
· Money for highways and bridges was cut by $1 billion from the House-passed level
Also, Drudge is reporting:
And, Majority Leader Harry Reid is getting a Vegas train.