Because 42 million global abortions each year are not nearly enough, Barack Obama will use taxpayer dollars to pay for more. He signed the legislation today… One day after the anniversary of Roe v Wade.
The Guttmacher Institute reported:
WORLDWIDE ABORTION INCIDENCE AND TRENDS
• The number of induced abortions declined worldwide between 1995 and 2003, from nearly 46 million to approximately 42 million. About one in five pregnancies worldwide end in abortion.
• For every 1,000 women of childbearing age (15–44) worldwide, 29 were estimated to have had an induced abortion in 2003, compared with 35 in 1995.
• The decline in abortion incidence was greater in developed countries, where nearly all abortions are safe and legal (from 39 to 26 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15-44), than in developing countries, where more than half are unsafe and illegal (from 34 to 29).
• Most abortions occur in developing countries—35 million annually, compared with seven million in developed countries—a disparity that largely reflects the relative population distribution.
• On the other hand, a woman’s likelihood of having an abortion is similar whether she lives in a developed or developing region; in 2003, there were 26 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 in developed countries compared with 29 per 1,000 in developing countries.
One fifth of world pregnancies end in abortion.
One third of pregnancies in Europe end in abortion.
Barack Obama thinks we can do better.
Obama wants us to believe that this is the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression… But, it must not be that bad if we can afford to pay for foreign abortions now.